The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Dave, if you are going to be swapping between all three cameras (to change focal lengths), then I would suggest going for a T2, as the no joystick on the T1 will get to you, when trying to change focal points quickly.

Also IMO earlier X-trans files (than the T2) require processing differently which may give you a different workflow compared with your current cameras.

Why do you have to buy new, a decent used T2 can be had for the price of this Jessops T1. Don't get me wrong the T1 is a good camera, but I think it will end up frustrating you.

What he said...... T2 would make more sense, and you can pick them up at a good price at the moment.

It is, but might not fit with your handling and workflow. I would certainly think on it.......
What he said...... T2 would make more sense, and you can pick them up at a good price at the moment.

Thank you both, as I think I know it is just Gas with me, I have changed my mind so will just carry on using both the X-T3 and X100F.

Last edited:
Another from Saturday morning ... There`s always one nutter about ;)

The Runner by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice winter scene Fujigraph, well composed, spot on exposure, and the added bit of red is a great focal point.(y)

George.

Very nice winter scene Fujigraph, well composed, spot on exposure, and the added bit of red is a great focal point.(y)

George.

Thank you, George :)
The red top is a bit of a cheat though, as originally it was grey. Good old photochop ;)

The red top is a bit of a cheat though, as originally it was grey. Good old photochop ;)

Tut, Tut. :):)

George.

Last edited:
Ok folks as some of you might know I have the X-T3 and X100F, but I want another X body and have seen a Brand New X-T1 at Jessops for just over £500 as I want need another body as would have the 90mm on the T3 and either the 35mm or 50mm on the T1. Do you really like using the T1 ?
I know I could go second hand but it has to be brand new.

Hi Dave, Ive just recently started doing Model and Fashion shoots and have the XT2, X100F along with the 16-55 and 56 1.2. I had a shoot this weekend and wanted another body so picked up a used XT1. In short its going back, I found the focus sluggish on the T1 compared to T2 and like others had said the files process differently as I have some presets I made in Lightroom had to do a fair bit of processing.

I found the 2 to be significantly ahead of the 1.

I enjoyed the 1 when released as it was my longed for digi equivalent of an FE2 but in no way did it approach what I needed and got from Canon DSLR. 2 was a different camera in usefulness terms however.

Would a T-20 serve? Bound to be cheap with T-30 coming soon I’d have thought.

I found the 2 to be significantly ahead of the 1.

I enjoyed the 1 when released as it was my longed for digi equivalent of an FE2 but in no way did it approach what I needed and got from Canon DSLR. 2 was a different camera in usefulness terms however.

Would a T-20 serve? Bound to be cheap with T-30 coming soon I’d have thought.

The T-20 suffers from the same differences in handling (although the output is the same), ie no joystick to move AF points. Given that there is next to difference in price between a s/h T2 and a new or s/h T20 at the moment, it would be sensible to go with the T2. That said the OP realises that this is just GAS, and is going to stick with what he has!!!

Hi Dave, Ive just recently started doing Model and Fashion shoots and have the XT2, X100F along with the 16-55 and 56 1.2. I had a shoot this weekend and wanted another body so picked up a used XT1. In short its going back, I found the focus sluggish on the T1 compared to T2 and like others had said the files process differently as I have some presets I made in Lightroom had to do a fair bit of processing.

Thanks for that, I have had a total change of heart now as I think it was just GAS. So I will carry on with both the X100F and my X-T3 and learn more about how to use them right.

A few from the Tate viewing gallery taken over two days (a grotty sunless morning and a clear sunset/evening). X-T2 and my new-to-me 10-24mm

Tate I by Ian, on Flickr

Tate V by Ian, on Flickr

Tate VIII by Ian, on Flickr

Great set of images Ian, loving the lighting in the set.

A few from the Tate viewing gallery taken over two days (a grotty sunless morning and a clear sunset/evening). X-T2 and my new-to-me 10-24mm

Tate I by Ian, on Flickr

Tate V by Ian, on Flickr

Very nice set of Fujigraphs, liking all of these very much with #2 probably being my fav’.(y)

George.

Tate I by Ian, on Flickr

Tate V by Ian, on Flickr

Lovely set there Ian. The light in #2 makes it extra special but also love the blue hour shot.

How are you finding the 10-24? By far my favourite lens.

Lovely set there Ian. The light in #2 makes it extra special but also love the blue hour shot.

How are you finding the 10-24? By far my favourite lens.
Thanks all for the kind comments.

10-24 was a lens I didn't think I would like and I was perfectly happy with the 14mm, figuring myself a prime-type person. But after a week I'm loving it. It seems sharp enough corner to corner, isn't as big as I thought (though none of my filters fit, which is annoying), and it just feels a good fit on the XT2.

Thanks all for the kind comments.

10-24 was a lens I didn't think I would like and I was perfectly happy with the 14mm, figuring myself a prime-type person. But after a week I'm loving it. It seems sharp enough corner to corner, isn't as big as I thought (though none of my filters fit, which is annoying), and it just feels a good fit on the XT2.

The 10-24 does balance well on the T series, don't use mine enough.

Another random snowy tree shot.

Alley by Graham Norton, on Flickr

I was contemplating selling mine as I now have the 16-55mm. Do I really need wider than 16mm? I'm tempted to hold onto it, just in case.

One more then as the sunset shot seems most popular, this time the wider view:
Tate III by Ian, on Flickr

Another “Excellent” Fujigraph, I’ve never visited the Tate Gallery but it is definately on my places to visit now.(y)

George.

I was contemplating selling mine as I now have the 16-55mm. Do I really need wider than 16mm? I'm tempted to hold onto it, just in case.

Of coarse you need to keep it !! Its an absolutely superb lens and very versatile.(y)

George.

Just keeping this on page one ;)

Another of the old pick up ...

Old Studebaker by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Really liking this Fujigraph, well composed with good exposure, and the style of PP works very well with the subject.(y)

“Being a Yank I obviously like these old vehicles, and one of the guys that works for us here in the States actually has one of these old pick-up trucks. He still uses it every day and when he sticks his foot down the old tub is like s**t of a shovel”:)

George.

Last edited:
Bit of mono from the weekend with the new X-T2 and the 35mm f/2, which I'm using more and more. That with the 10-24 just case I need to go wider is my standard kit at the moment. This is the ruins of Hampton Gay Manor, built in the 16th century but gutted by fire in the 1880s and never rebuilt.

Winterghost
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph, well composed, plenty of detail, with some nice reflections and nicely presented in mono.(y)

George.

Really liking this Fujigraph, well composed with good exposure, and the style of PP works very well with the subject.(y)

“Being a Yank I obviously like these old vehicles, and one of the guys that works for us here in the States actually has one of these old pick-up trucks. He still uses it every day and when he sticks his foot down the old tub is like s**t of a shovel”:)

George.

Haha I bet it does too. There`s nothing like a good V8 opening up.

Back