The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Bit of mono from the weekend with the new X-T2 and the 35mm f/2, which I'm using more and more. That with the 10-24 just case I need to go wider is my standard kit at the moment. This is the ruins of Hampton Gay Manor, built in the 16th century but gutted by fire in the 1880s and never rebuilt.

Winterghost
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Very nicely done David not the easiest place to get an image.

So went over to Mums today for lunch then we had a walk round some of the charity shops, and OMG I saw a mint X-T2 and think a XF 56mm or the 16mm being sold for 70 quid. I had a word with the staff and said if that works then you can ask for a lot more, and they said they had it all checked out and are just selling it. Long story short I think Mum got it once I came home, but will have to wait and see and yes it did work as had a very good look at it.

So went over to Mums today for lunch then we had a walk round some of the charity shops, and OMG I saw a mint X-T2 and think a XF 56mm or the 16mm being sold for 70 quid. I had a word with the staff and said if that works then you can ask for a lot more, and they said they had it all checked out and are just selling it. Long story short I think Mum got it once I came home, but will have to wait and see and yes it did work as had a very good look at it.

Bloody hell! That`s an insane price ...
I`d keep your eye open for more bargains, and get round you Mums more often ;)

Bloody hell! That`s an insane price ...
I`d keep your eye open for more bargains, and get round you Mums more often ;)

I thought we had walked in to a camera shop, as the X-T2 and what ever lens then a Olympus M10 and kit lens also a another lens with it that ended 150mm going for £40.

I thought we had walked in to a camera shop, as the X-T2 and what ever lens then a Olympus M10 and kit lens also a another lens with it that ended 150mm going for £40.

Madness ...
Which one was it, and where ;) All my local charity shops are more like bloody antique shops, with prices to match lol

Madness ...
Which one was it, and where ;) All my local charity shops are more like bloody antique shops, with prices to match lol

When I said they could ask for more, they just said they wanted to sell them. It was in George Street Hove half way down on the right hand side near the pet shop.

When I said they could ask for more, they just said they wanted to sell them. It was in George Street Hove half way down on the right hand side near the pet shop.

Next time I take a little trip down to the south coast, I might have to stop off in Hove, and have a gander.

Here in Brighton though we have one of the best camera shops going, Clock Tower Cameras, they sell all the old film cameras too.

I`ll look that up too. Charity shop will be cheaper though ;)

x-t3 has arrived today. great service from Panamoz delivery within 48 hours.

also the Fringer ef-fx adapter. currently testing the canon 85mm f1.2Lii lens. focus works BRILLIANTLY (with static subjects). tomorrow i will test this combo on a portrait shoot and see how it tracks etc -
would be brilliant if it works well.

ive tried the eye af of a photo and it seems to track well. will try tonight once the family come home.
Did you ever write up a full review on the Fringer? I've had a look through and can't find more than these two.
I'd be really interested to know how you got on, especially with moving subjects.
I'm contemplating one to adapt my 70-200f/4 L and 70-300L lenses for the odd occasion I shoot a bit of motorsport (though I could just keep using my canons I guess).

@Dave70D You picked up an X-T3 for £70???
You lucky bleeder.
I guess now you can go bleeding edge with firmware on one, and stay at a safe version with the other.

What was the lens?

I have never seen the lenses before, but I think they were for another camera and very old had a couple of scratches in the glass so took them back to the shop saying I won`t need these. On the X-T3 it looks brand spanking new and not a mark on it at all even came in the original box with everything.
It was actually £75

That's a great shot.

Nice ... Processing is cool, and works with the subject.

Really nice Andrea.

Very nice Fujigraph, works for me really well, and the PP suits the subject nicely.(y)

George.

I really like that image Andrea, simple but really tells a story and the processing suits it to a T.

Thank you all very much for the comments and feedback; it's much appreciated :)

Just releases funds for another purchase instead [emoji16]

There are two lenses I like but not sure what I`d get if and when I`d trade in. The XF56mm or XF16mm, in the summer months I`d be shooting the vocalists and in between Brighton architecture, but I have a few months to have a think if I do go for a lens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back