The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple Landscape type Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of the famous "Prospect Cottage" where Derek Jarman used to live. I've included a small bit about him and the cottage below.
The space around this modest cottage in Dungeness, Kent, the former home of the multitalented filmmaker Derek Jarman (1942-1994), could be considered one of England’s best-loved gardens. The property is not open to the public, nor is it closed; visitors are free to wander. “The garden is the landscape,” says Jarman’s friend, the photographer Howard Sooley. “It ends at the horizon”.

This cottage is only a very short distance from the cottage that I acquired last fall, that I have renovated and now let out as a vacation let when I don't want to use it personally.:)

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/340th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Prospect Cottage (C) (Dungeness)-03292C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Great image and great colours in this George, the place imo is a photographers dream.

Great image and great colours in this George, the place imo is a photographers dream.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply. (y)

George.

Hi all. Just received my new Fuji X-T3, and whilst quite different (and similar at the same time) to my X-H1, I've noticed that images taken indoors appear to be around 2/3 stop underexposed ? When I look at the histogram in the viewfinder in a "general" scene, (i.e. shadows, highlights and lots of average tones), the histogram is most defiantly biased to the left side, with a good deal of space on the right before highlight clipping occurs. If I push the EV to +2/3 to a full stop, the histogram looks perfect and the resultant images look properly exposed.

I've tried it outside and whilst the underexposure issue is still there, it doesn't seem as pronounced. ISO's were 160-800, DR set to 100% and metering set to matrix.

Anyone else noticed this ?

Brilliant! I would have fallen over trying to take this :)

Cheers, as would I have using my Nikon but the articulating screen made it easy.

Never noticed the plane.....real or fake? I love the shot tbh either way [emoji1360]

Thanks Ian. Believe it or not I was waiting for ages for a strategically placed seagull with this idea in mind. It didn't happen but the plane was in several frames. I may have repositioned it slightly. :cool:

@Ian W - I use a local guy to me, 2020Photographic, he's brilliant. It's currently mounted to into a comp, but as soon as that's done it will be framed for my wall.
Nice one. I love seeing shots printed and framed, elevates them to another level entirely imo and will be doing more myself soon too.

Best of luck in the competition!

Strap question ...
I`ve got a PD slide from my Nikon days, and feel it`s a bit overkill for the T2. Does anyone use the slide lite? I don`t really like the look of the leash tbh.

I actually use both the slide lite and leash on my XT2. Which one depends on what I’m doing and which lens I’ve got mounted.

Nice one. I love seeing shots printed and framed, elevates them to another level entirely imo and will be doing more myself soon too.

Best of luck in the competition!

Thanks.

It was one of my things this year to print more - moving house in a couple of months so hoping to have some more prints up in the new place. I totally agree, there is something very special about a printed image.

I actually use both the slide lite and leash on my XT2. Which one depends on what I’m doing and which lens I’ve got mounted.

Any major differences? I`ve only got primes, so nothing heavy at all.

Any major differences? I`ve only got primes, so nothing heavy at all.
Ultimately it depends on whether you want your hands free! Leash is good with a prime or something small like the 18-55 wandering around town. The slide is better if you are on longer walk with the 16-55, 50-140 etc. If I was to choose it would be the slide.

Ultimately it depends on whether you want your hands free! Leash is good with a prime or something small like the 18-55 wandering around town. The slide is better if you are on longer walk with the 16-55, 50-140 etc. If I was to choose it would be the slide.

Cheers mate. I do like that the slide, slides, and worry that the leash doesn't as much, being I tend to have the strap across my body.

Cheers mate. I do like that the slide, slides, and worry that the leash doesn't as much, being I tend to have the strap across my body.

I have the Slide Lite, Paul, and I would agree with @Sniffer that it's a good fit. I don't have the Leash (I thought it might be too thin for extended wear) but the Slide Lite is comfortable and it's very easy to extend or shorten the strap depending on how you're wearing it. The grippy side works well, too.

Last edited:
Here's one from today on my first visit to a ploughing match. The light was wonderful and it was a great event for photography, and this pair of lovely Belgian Cobs stole the show.
X-T3 and 55-200mm:

07 Rough by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Here's one from today on my first visit to a ploughing match. The light was wonderful and it was a great event for photography, and this pair of lovely Belgian Cobs stole the show.
X-T3 and 55-200mm:

07 Rough
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

“Cracking” Fujigraph, pushes all the right buttons for me.(y)

George.

I have the Slide Lite, Paul, and I would agree with @Sniffer that it's a good fit. I don't have the Leash (I thought it might be too thin for extended wear) but the Slide Lite is comfortable and it's very easy to extend or shorten the strap depending on how you're wearing it. The grippy side works well, too.

Thanks, Andrea :)
Looks like the lite will be the one I`ll go for.

Talking of printing and framing, below is one I took with my XT2 that I loved so had printed large on aluminium.

That looks really nice, Nick (y)
You might want to straighten your wall though ;)

That looks really nice, Nick (y)
You might want to straighten your wall though ;)
I know! My eyes! I didn’t even realise it was wonky till I took the photo :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: it’s straight now

Back