The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

thanks - so you can't charge the battery in camera ?

I do not know about that particular camera, but why would you want to charge in camera. a Fugi XT3 would make an extremely expensive battery charger. and why would you want to heat up the camera every time you charged a battery. Not to mention the risk to the camera if a battery failed while charging.
It is so much safer and convenient. to use a dedicated battery charger.
When a battery is empty, just slip in a spare and keep going... recharge them when you get back to base.
Though some of my cameras can be used as chargers, I have never done it nor would I

So the included UK plug connecter (and an EU ) clips straight into the charger - which is nice as no lead required..

So what is the lead for ?

I do not know about that particular camera, but why would you want to charge in camera. a Fugi XT3 would make an extremely expensive battery charger. and why would you want to heat up the camera every time you charged a battery. Not to mention the risk to the camera if a battery failed while charging.
It is so much safer and convenient. to use a dedicated battery charger.
When a battery is empty, just slip in a spare and keep going... recharge them when you get back to base.
Though some of my cameras can be used as chargers, I have never done it nor would I

I agree its not a deal breaker but i have used it with other cameras and its quite useful - you can charge 2 batteries at the same time for starters..

So the included UK plug connecter (and an EU ) clips straight into the charger - which is nice as no lead required..

So what is the lead for ?
The cable looks like the one that came with my X-T2 which doesn't have the same charger you have there (with separate attachment). If it doesn't fit, my guess is it shouldn't have been in the box and has been a packing error.

I know my T2 doesn't charge in camera.

thanks folks - before I contact them re the hot show cover can I just check whether it shuold have come with a lead to attach to a PC ?

Do you have to full or flip something out on the charger unit?

You don't need the cable? Just plus it straight in with the separate plug?

Last edited:
thanks folks - before I contact them re the hot show cover can I just check whether it shuold have come with a lead to attach to a PC ?

If you check out the camera on the Fuji website at the bottom of the full speck it will say what’s in the box. The refurbs should also have all of these items included.

George.

Do you have to full or flip something out on the charger unit?

You don't need the cable? Just plus it straight in with the separate plug?

yes basically the power lead is surplus to requirements as the charger has a smaller removable plug that you clip in - so you can swap between UK and Euro style sockets.

A few tiny marks on the camera body too - have to put my glasses on to see them but they are there - particularly around the flash mount - not good for my OCD !

Might be worth bearing in mind for some people considering buying from the refurb store.

However, they are very minor...

A few tiny marks on the camera body too - have to put my glasses on to see them but they are there - particularly around the flash mount - not good for my OCD !

Might be worth bearing in mind for some people considering buying from the refurb store.

As soon as a flash goes in you will see signs of wear in my experience, not just Fuji but all cameras.

Not sure i'd accept marks on the body though

Can't remember the exact wording on website but I think they state there may be some signs of wear. I got lucky on my stuff as its like new.

As soon as a flash goes in you will see signs of wear in my experience, not just Fuji but all cameras.

Not sure i'd accept marks on the body though

As mentioned is does say this on the website - the marks are so small they probably wouldn’t bother most people

Just received my Refurb X-T3 in silver with the 18-55mm. The 20% off reminded me of the fabulous old days on the Refurb site with the magic discount code.
Absolutely 'as new' pristine condition and everything present and correct. Joins my beloved X-T1 and the superb X-H1, and joy of joy just 'won' a Kaza half case in brown leather for £10 on the auction site. Off to play.

Last edited:
@Ian W ...... but what a great 2 lens combo. 16-55mm f2,.8 and 50-140mm f2.8. Even better if you have the x1.4 t/c too.

@Ian W ...... but what a great 2 lens combo. 16-55mm f2,.8 and 50-140mm f2.8. Even better if you have the x1.4 t/c too.

That's a great set up, two bodies would round it off nicely.

I have been using the 50-140 recently without the tripod foot, it's a lot better to hand hold.

That's a great set up, two bodies would round it off nicely.

I have been using the 50-140 recently without the tripod foot, it's a lot better to hand hold.

Steve, I have the 16-55mm on my x-t2 and the 50-140 + t/c on my x-t3. I always take the tripod foot off, like you say easy to then hand hold. I did it with my Olympus 40-150mm too.

Last edited:
I do love them both, though have kept the 10-24mm for UWA landscapes. 1.4 tc will be my final purchase..... honest [emoji16]

Can I ask a couple of set up questions ?

1 - after taking an image I like to view it in the viewfinder rather than the rear monitor - however, the image doesn't pop up into the viewfinder unless I press the playback button on the rear of the camera - is it possible to acheive this automatically?

2 - When I am looking at am image (I’m the evf) I may wish to check the focus - I know I can press in the rear command dial and turn this to zoom out - can I change it so that the front dial does this

Thanks !

“O” meaning Olympus, “F” meaning Fuji..... ?

This thread is causing me an awful lot of issues. As a recent owner of an A7RIII I am finding myself lusting after an XT3 or maybe an XH1. I chased the full frame unicorn but now I'm wondering if it was a mistake.

I find myself craving 5 things.
Weather sealing
Less conspicuous
Ability to afford more nice glass
Less weight
Ergonomics

Between the 16-55 and the 50-140 I think almost all my landscape needs would be met and the 23 glued to it the rest of the time.

Could someone please tell me I'm mad to think this? I'm very worried I'm going to go to the photography show tomorrow and make an expensive impulse decision.

Last edited:
This thread is causing me an awful lot of issues. As a recent owner of an A7RIII I am finding myself lusting after an XT3 or maybe an XH1. I chased the full frame unicorn but now I'm wondering if it was a mistake.

Weather sealing
Less conspicuous
Less weight
Ergonomics

Between the 16-55 and the 50-140 I think almost all my landscape needs would be met and the 23 glued to it the rest of the time.

Could someone please tell me I'm mad to think this? I'm very worried I'm going to go to the photography show tomorrow and make an expensive impulse decision.

I have just changed from an A7iii to and XT-3 and yes I wondered if I was mad...

The fact is the A7iii is a great camera - one of the best without a doubt but I still think the reasons you have given are justified ! Very similar for the reasons I have changed.

Isn't the A7Riii weather sealed ?

Weather sealing
Less conspicuous
Less weight
Ergonomics

I've just done the same thing myself sort of.... was using the X-T2 last year got the I must have ff urge (use to shoot a D810 a few years back) so sold the Fuji and got the A7R111. The Sony is a stunning camera without a doubt but for me personally I didn't really enjoy using it and I know the camera is just a tool etc...
So I come back to fuji.
IQ is better with the Sony without a doubt but unless you pixel peep at 100% or print mega huge I don't think you will notice the difference, DR again is better on the Sony but the Fuji is no slouch in that area.
Recently started doing a lot of Street and finding the Fuji with a couple of primes ideal for that for my use.
The thing that swing it for me in the end after going through my images for the last few years the favourite ones all seem to come from the Fuji.

I have just changed from an A7iii to and XT-3 and yes I wondered if I was mad...

The fact is the A7iii is a great camera - one of the best without a doubt but I still think the reasons you have given are justified ! Very similar for the reasons I have changed.

Isn't the A7Riii weather sealed ?
It is sealed apparently but so many horror stories (not sure how much evidence) plus most lenses don't seem to be either

Another thing is I would love the option to mainly use jpg, with the option to PP a raw when needed but despite coming from a NEX before, the A7RIII jpg leaves me cold.

Also whist the lack of IBIS (for the X-T3) is a cause for concern I'm sure it will be in future versions or maybe I would get an X-H2. Right now I want to invest in a lens eco system and Fuji has a full range of (reasonably) affordable lenses where Sony's are pricier/larger.

Possibly a bad case of GAS but as it's for an (on paper) inferior camera body I wonder if it's a genuine desire

Another thing is I would love the option to mainly use jpg, with the option to PP a raw when needed but despite coming from a NEX before, the A7RIII jpg leaves me cold.

Also whist the lack of IBIS (for the X-T3) is a cause for concern I'm sure it will be in future versions or maybe I would get an X-H2. Right now I want to invest in a lens eco system and Fuji has a full range of (reasonably) affordable lenses where Sony's are pricier/larger.

Possibly a bad case of GAS but as it's for an (on paper) inferior camera body I wonder if it's a genuine desire

This is the dilemma... I already have Sony (mainly with adapted Canon lenses) and Fuji (pretty much a full lens setup). Technology wise the A9 is the best camera I have ever used, and it's full frame. The X-T3 I enjoy using more though, and as it is a crop sensor the lenses that I use are smaller (I love the Sigma 50mm f1.4 on the A9 but a small setup it is not!).

Purely from results it would be easy to stick with the A9, but when I take into account the camera I pick up the most and what I take with me for a day the Fuji wins...

I'm currently waiting for the firmware updates for both cameras and I'll try to make a decision then.

Also complicating things is that I still have a capable Canon setup and what they are doing with the r mount is interesting to me (I use a 70-200 a lot and the new r mount version certainly looks interesting). I wouldn't mind seeing some third party 70-200 options for Sony as I'm not sold on their f2.8 offering (which is something that does me going all in with Sony in the first place).

Back