The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Out of interest are you using the in camera focus bracketing or doing it in post?

In post. This one was 35 frames lol, stacked in photochop.

Lens envy at Goodwood today...

Goodwood 77MM by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

Amazingly that's one of two I've seen today. Lots of Fuji X shooters out and about, I'd almost go as far as saying Fujis are pretty common now.

One from my cheap and cheerful, little 100-400mm...

Last edited:
In post. This one was 35 frames lol, stacked in photochop.

Yeah I realised afterwards I had asked a dumb question as the camera doesn’t stack, easier than a focus rail though

Has anybody used the either of the Fuji extension tubes with the 90mm? If so, what's it like?

Yeah I realised afterwards I had asked a dumb question as the camera doesn’t stack, easier than a focus rail though

Haha no questions are dumb, mate ;)
I don`t use a rail, although I have one that`s never been out of the packaging. I just tend to pick different ficus points :)

Ladies and Gents - I appear to have 7 batteries (not sure how that happened!) all are genuine Fujifilm (fit XT2 etc) as far as I know, but I only really need 3 so does anybody want a free battery or two? If interested and you can be bothered sending me a SAE please PM me and I'll post them out to you :)

I have PMd you, would love an extra battery or two. I have on all days here in NY run out of juice, it’s the only bad thing about the camera.

Amazingly kind of you.

Ladies and Gents - I appear to have 7 batteries (not sure how that happened!) all are genuine Fujifilm (fit XT2 etc) as far as I know, but I only really need 3 so does anybody want a free battery or two? If interested and you can be bothered sending me a SAE please PM me and I'll post them out to you :)

Your message box will be full soon :) I`d love a spare one, or two (y)

My camera has a “frame number full error” message or my memory card is filling up prematurely.
Question:
My camera has a “frame number full error” message or my memory card is filling up prematurely.

Answer:
Frame Number Reset

1) Turn on camera and press (menu/ok) for Language then for the date. (If it hasn’t been set yet)

2) Press (menu/ok) again then scroll down to (SET- UP) and scroll right.

3) Scroll down to (FRAME NO.) then scroll right and select (RENEW) then press (menu/ok)

4) Press (menu/ok) and scroll down to (SET-UP) and scroll right until you are at Tab 2.

5) Then scroll down to (FORMAT) then scroll right and choose(OK) then press (menu/ok)

*** To check the frame #, take a picture and press the playback button. If the frame begins with “100- “””” then camera is set.

Thanks, I reluctantly did that in the end, losing Friday's shooting but at least I could shoot in Rail Museum which was the whole reason I was in York.

Seems a really stupid and unnecessary error to throw.

I've got both extension and the 90mm, I'm not really a macro shooter, but what do you want to know, other than they work and work stacked??

Just wondered if the images with one tube and the 90 are OK? (Have you got any examples?)

I fancy using the 90 for some flora and insect stuff this spring, and may invest in one of the tubes if the results are OK.

Just wondered if the images with one tube and the 90 are OK? (Have you got any examples?)

I fancy using the 90 for some flora and insect stuff this spring, and may invest in one of the tubes if the results are OK.

I use the 90mm with extension tubes for some of the feasibility/conceptual proof work that I undertake on Industrial Automation projects, in this scenario, the camera/lens is mounted on a copy stand, no problems with operator shake or movement, and I'm always imaging static targets. I've never used it handheld with the extension tubes. I have one image that I took with both tubes as someone on FB wanted to know field of view, its not very exciting!

Does it help?

nONEP25h.jpg

Last edited:
I use the 90mm with extension tubes for some of the feasibility/conceptual proof work that I undertake on Industrial Automation projects, in this scenario, the camera/lens is mounted on a copy stand, no problems with operator shake or movement, and I'm always imaging static targets. I've never used it handheld with the extension tubes. I have one image that I took with both tubes as someone on FB wanted to know field of view, its not very exciting!

Does it help?

Indeed it does, thanks for the input. So, just need to decide which one....

Fantastic weekend at Goodwood, my first time shooting motorsport with Fuji for two years, I forgot how good the files are out of the camera, so little work required.

More gradually appearing here: [url] https://www.flickr.com/photos/harry_s/albums/72157677589733257[/url]

Have you moved back to Fuji from Sony, or just shooting both now?

Love these, colours are great. SOOC JPEGS? Which film simulation?

Just RAW, no tweaks whatsoever in camera. I spent about a year figuring out a couple of fairly subtle presets for my wedding work and realised they transfer over quite nicely to these.

Have you moved back to Fuji from Sony, or just shooting both now?

100% Fuji. Coming from an a7III I'm finding the X-T2 very laggy and slow, but the files are so much nicer I'm learning to forgive the shortcomings!

Back