The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

100% Fuji. Coming from an a7III I'm finding the X-T2 very laggy and slow, but the files are so much nicer I'm learning to forgive the shortcomings!

No point having a Ferrari, and sitting in traffic. Much better off with a Bentley, and cruise around ;)

Just RAW, no tweaks whatsoever in camera. I spent about a year figuring out a couple of fairly subtle presets for my wedding work and realised they transfer over quite nicely to these.

100% Fuji. Coming from an a7III I'm finding the X-T2 very laggy and slow, but the files are so much nicer I'm learning to forgive the shortcomings!

I'm still trying to decide between my A9 and X-T3. I'm just waiting for the X-T3 firmware update to see what that's like.

I found the X-T3 a nice step up from the X-T2. For example I use the camera pretty much always in C-AF now for everything without any worries, whereas previously it just wasn't consistent enough. Technology wise the A9 is the best camera I have ever owned, but I think I prefer the Fuji system/size.

Does anyone use the Free Capture one Fujifilm express? If so are there any updates for it? Currently on 11 and updater says 12.0.3 available but some updates are payable. Didn't want to risk overwriting my free version with a trial to a payable version. Confused?

Could I call on your folks experience with flash and the X Series cameras.
With my Nikon gear I bought a Godox TT685, and have been quite happy with the results of my non professional everyday type of use.
Does anyone have any recommendations of any other flashes that would cause me not to buy the Fuji version of the TT685? (I have an X-T3)

Last edited:
Does anyone use the Free Capture one Fujifilm express? If so are there any updates for it? Currently on 11 and updater says 12.0.3 available but some updates are payable. Didn't want to risk overwriting my free version with a trial to a payable version. Confused?

I think you have to click through to their site, and re download the express. That`s as far as I got, but as I don`t like it, I didn`t get any further than the log in section. Go to the fuji link and then from there scroll down to express etc.

There seems to be a file available in the help-updates file menu in Express, but when I click on it, it reports some files are payable. Very confusing!

I think you have to click through to their site, and re download the express. That`s as far as I got, but as I don`t like it, I didn`t get any further than the log in section. Go to the fuji link and then from there scroll down to express etc.
There seems to be a file available in the help-updates file menu in Express, but when I click on it, it reports some files are payable. Very confusing!

I clicked on it, and it just takes you to the website. Rubbish linking trying to get you to pay. I clicked through to the download express for free, and it just went to a pdf file. Go figure.
Maybe the only way is to try and register in a different email, and see what happens ...

So, just picked myself up an X-T3 (black) and 56 1.2 and 23 2.0 - however I am still debating swapping the 23 for the 1.4 version...

Does anyone have experience of both, you could share? I’ve watched countless YouTube videos on the topic now!

The only two things putting me off slightly are the size (in contrast to the f2.0) and the performance (in terms of AF etc) being an older gen lens, and a bigger chunk of glass to move about. I can justify the price difference and the extra 100g weight...

For context, this setup will replace my X100F and D750 on the most part for personal / travel stuff. Keeping my Nikon stuff, just for my occasional professional work...

Thoughts?

So, just picked myself up an X-T3 (black) and 56 1.2 and 23 2.0 - however I am still debating swapping the 23 for the 1.4 version...

Does anyone have experience of both, you could share? I’ve watched countless YouTube videos on the topic now!

The only two things putting me off slightly are the size (in contrast to the f2.0) and the performance (in terms of AF etc) being an older gen lens, and a bigger chunk of glass to move about. I can justify the price difference and the extra 100g weight...

For context, this setup will replace my X100F and D750 on the most part for personal / travel stuff. Keeping my Nikon stuff, just for my occasional professional work...

Thoughts?

I have both (well my wife has the 23mm F2) and an X100F, essentially the more you pay the better the IQ (and of course it goes to 1.4!). The F2 has snappier AF and is WR, and is more compact, but if ultimate IQ is what you want then the F1.4 is the weapon of choice. The 23mm F1.4 is noticably faster in AF terms than the the 56mm though. - its really down to your usage.

I know you've put the X100F up for sale, I tried to sell my X100 once, but realised that no Fujifilm ILC could actually replace it, so I bought an F as well!!

I have both (well my wife has the 23mm F2) and an X100F, essentially the more you pay the better the IQ (and of course it goes to 1.4!). The F2 has snappier AF and is WR, and is more compact, but if ultimate IQ is what you want then the F1.4 is the weapon of choice. The 23mm F1.4 is noticably faster in AF terms than the the 56mm though. - its really down to your usage.

I know you've put the X100F up for sale, I tried to sell my X100 once, but realised that no Fujifilm ILC could actually replace it, so I bought an F as well!!
This. I have my X-T2 and though not a 23mm prime (I have the 16-55mm), I wouldn't bother with one anyway.

Why? If I had to sell all my gear to leave a single lens setup, the X100F would be that setup. I just couldn't be without it.

Quick question please peeps.....which adaptor ring for the lee foundation holder, standard or wide when going on the 18-55 kit lens?

Standard will be fine. Although personally I buy non-genuine adapters from eBay for £11 each and they are all the wide type regardless.

I'm very very tempted to grab the new 16mm 2.8 but knowing I'll only use it on my travelling once in a while I'm thinking the samyang would be better.

Anyone have the 16mm 2.8 and like to share their experiences so far?

I clicked on it, and it just takes you to the website. Rubbish linking trying to get you to pay. I clicked through to the download express for free, and it just went to a pdf file. Go figure.
Maybe the only way is to try and register in a different email, and see what happens ...
Not the most intuitive updater I have used. Thanks for taking a look mate :)

Thanks. Ordered one this morning, so will be able to do a short side by side, and return whichever I like the least.

Re X100F - I am a bit torn, as I do love it, but I know it just won't get used...

Still trying to learn how to do street photography, a few of my recent efforts

Night at the Museum by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Sheldonian by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Westgate 1 by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Spotlight by Graham Norton, on Flickr

A Face by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Great stuff! Pedantically, what you've called the Sheldonian is I think actually the Clarendon Building unless I've misjudged, but it's a very short hop away :) It's my fave of the four either way, very inventive!

Going to be working in Yorkshire for much of the next two months, now that we have lighter evenings, a chance to get out with the camera, got a bucket list of locations within a hour of where I'm staying, first one ticked off!

Limestone Pavement - Malham
by David Yeoman, on Flickr
Nice one, Dave. Where you staying? Would be nice to meet up with you if you fancied some company one evening :)

Ps still not done this one either! ^^

Great shot, slightly off centre I think though which is bugging me?

Last edited:
Ladies and Gents - I appear to have 7 batteries (not sure how that happened!) all are genuine Fujifilm (fit XT2 etc) as far as I know, but I only really need 3 so does anybody want a free battery or two? If interested and you can be bothered sending me a SAE please PM me and I'll post them out to you :)

I’d just like to say a big thank you to dibbly dobbler for the free battery that he sent me. It arrived today.

A very generous and kind act, you sir are a credit to this forum. (y)

Great stuff! Pedantically, what you've called the Sheldonian is I think actually the Clarendon Building unless I've misjudged, but it's a very short hop away :) It's my fave of the four either way, very inventive!

Thanks David appreciate it especially since it was yours and @NickTB that inspired me to have a go at this street lark. Your right it is and I did know that so why I called Sheldonian I dont know:thinking:

Back