The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Pushing natural light to the limit, set myself a challenge with this one..... 1/125 at 140mm, ISO 8000, added a little extra grain in post. This venue is VERY dark, wanted to see how far I could push the Fujifilm XT-3, he was constantly moving, didn't expect the pointing straight at me it wasn't posed.

Andre-1 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:

Queensferry Crossing
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

X-T2 and 10-24 - recently picked up the T2 as I found the T20 a wee bit small, genrally very happy with the T2 but noticed a fair number of hot pixels (more than I recall seeing on the T20) - seems just to be lap of the gods with these?

Very nice Fujigraph, with some lovely light and beautiful soft colours.

George.

Queensferry Crossing
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

X-T2 and 10-24 - recently picked up the T2 as I found the T20 a wee bit small, genrally very happy with the T2 but noticed a fair number of hot pixels (more than I recall seeing on the T20) - seems just to be lap of the gods with these?

Love the colours in this one, Mike (y)
re hot pixels, have you tried pixel mapping (in the menu)?

Mike, the X-Trans3 sensor is sensitive to underexposure on Long Exposure shots, and the fact that you have a very bright area in the scene (the sun) suggests that you probably pulled the shadows up quite a bit in post (if you exposed so the sun wasn't too blown out), solutions are to either use filters or take bracketed LE shots and the merge in post.

I thought my X-T2 had a lot of noise on LE images, but found that it really does like a nice histogram, dragging stuff out of the shadows on a under exposed shot definitely degrades the image quality, same applies to high ISO images, my least noisy images have a lot going on in the rhs of the histogram.

David

Mike, the X-Trans3 sensor is sensitive to underexposure on Long Exposure shots, and the fact that you have a very bright area in the scene (the sun) suggests that you probably pulled the shadows up quite a bit in post (if you exposed so the sun wasn't too blown out), solutions are to either use filters or take bracketed LE shots and the merge in post.

I thought my X-T2 had a lot of noise on LE images, but found that it really does like a nice histogram, dragging stuff out of the shadows on a under exposed shot definitely degrades the image quality, same applies to high ISO images, my least noisy images have a lot going on in the rhs of the histogram.

David
Thanks very much David - actually it was quite hazy so the sun wasn't too bright and the original image was pretty evenly exposed (albeit protecting the highlights as we do!). I'm not going to lose any sleep over it - just was a bit surprised as I had not really notice this on my T20.

Queensferry Crossing
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Love the colours, and close to my home turf too (I do miss being on the estuary).

Buddy of mine does a lot down that way and there is some great locations with wonderful light.

For a couple of years I've had a photo idea that I wanted to get; bright yellow crops with a cloudless blue sky. I've had a few issues, notably living in West London and finding a bright yellow field, while there is a blue sky, and I have time to shoot it.

Last weekend we took a shortcut through the a little village called Richings Park, near Iver in Bucks. It's not far from home, and for the first time ever what was a field generally left to pasture was full of a bright yellow crop.... Then this week, we had some blue skies.

My only problem is that the crop was too tall and I couldn't get the viewpoint I wanted, so had to make do with the shot below. X-T2 with 10-24 set at around 14mm and a Lee soft grad filter. I'm thinking that I should have taken a lower POV, and shot up so you just see yellow & blue. Problem was I would have been shooting into the sun.....

Yellow and Blue by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I think the idea is sound, I need to get the result better.

For a couple of years I've had a photo idea that I wanted to get; bright yellow crops with a cloudless blue sky. I've had a few issues, notably living in West London and finding a bright yellow field, while there is a blue sky, and I have time to shoot it.

Last weekend we took a shortcut through the a little village called Richings Park, near Iver in Bucks. It's not far from home, and for the first time ever what was a field generally left to pasture was full of a bright yellow crop.... Then this week, we had some blue skies.

My only problem is that the crop was too tall and I couldn't get the viewpoint I wanted, so had to make do with the shot below. X-T2 with 10-24 set at around 14mm and a Lee soft grad filter. I'm thinking that I should have taken a lower POV, and shot up so you just see yellow & blue. Problem was I would have been shooting into the sun.....

Yellow and Blue by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I think the idea is sound, I need to get the result better.

I always struggle with rape fields, no matter how many times I try.

How many people here use a soft shutter release, are they any good?

Last edited:
Reactions: DpM
I caved last night and ordered a 16 f2.8 and I have my trip to Korea/Japan this coming saturday.

I'm super super excited to try it out.

Me too - just picked one up from my local LCE - a used one already !! Couldn’t resist at £279 !!

@Dave70D ... Care to explain more as i was just about to update mine?

Charged up the battery to make sure it is full. Downloaded the FW 3 and did it in the Silver X-T3 just like I always have done, then I had to reset BBF again. After switching it off I turned it back on to take a photo and the STUPID Pairing with mobile keeps showing up every time. If I can`t figure it out then back to Jessops it can go for a fix.

Back