The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I find it quite funny that I`ve never got along with LR, considering so many people use it/ prefer it to PS now. I must be in the minority of peeps still enjoying PS. I`ve tried the free C1 and didn`t like it much. I also have Affinity, which is ok. But still go back to PS. Also use iridient sometimes to process raw files.

Oh I like PS, been using it since the original CS version, but more for graphics/posters rather than photography, also been using LR since V.4.0, and continued buying the stand alone up to 5.7. Eventually gave in and upgraded to the online CC version, but I wasn't happy to do so to begin with. Like everything else, it's what you get used to

After a fair bit of deliberation and nearly buying an X-T2 (Sorry Mike...), I upgraded my trusty X-T1 which I've had since new, to a spanking new X-T3 in Silver. I managed to get the £100 trade in bonus (therefore £280 for my T1), a free X-t3 vertical grip, and they were offering 50% off all F2 lenses (23, 35 & 55mm) when buying with the X-T3 and so I went for the 23mm.

I was really not sure about spending the money, but oh my days, the T3 is soooo nice! The feel of the controls are fantastic, viewfinder is superb and the focusing is super quick. Not sure if I'll use the vertical grip much. The 23mm F2 is very good indeed - not sure if my X100 will get used now!

Looking forward to picking up some tips from this great thread and maybe sharing a few shots.

Jim.

I take it you did the deal at LCE, for the free grip, didn't know about the lens deal though, going shopping tomorrow, at LCE.

I take it you did the deal at LCE, for the free grip, didn't know about the lens deal though, going shopping tomorrow, at LCE.
Yes, LCE in Derby. The lens offer is not online but they told me about it when i phoned to check stock of the camera. Unexpected bonus!

Yes, LCE in Derby. The lens offer is not online but they told me about it when i phoned to check stock of the camera. Unexpected bonus!
The derby shop also has a second hand 55-200 in stock:banana:

Oh I like PS, been using it since the original CS version, but more for graphics/posters rather than photography, also been using LR since V.4.0, and continued buying the stand alone up to 5.7. Eventually gave in and upgraded to the online CC version, but I wasn't happy to do so to begin with. Like everything else, it's what you get used to

Yep, indeed. I`ve been with PS since since V3 lol so muscle/and brain finds it hard to adjust, with me being an old fart ;)

Took the plunge and bought an X-T3, Question, can it be set up to record RAF to card 1 and JPEG to card 2 as my Nikon is. I have taken some images, but only found JPEG files and no RAW.

Yes, if it's the same set up as the XH1 at least [think the menu systems remain much the same] Under the wrench menu, head down to 'Save Data Set-Up' and in there under 'card slot setting (still image) - set it to RAW/Jpeg

Yes, if it's the same set up as the XH1 at least [think the menu systems remain much the same] Under the wrench menu, head down to 'Save Data Set-Up' and in there under 'card slot setting (still image) - set it to RAW/Jpeg
Thanks for the answer, but having problems with that, have taken 43 images with that set up, but can only find one on Capture 1. seems I have a problem. All my imsages are JPEGS, on the camera, but the settings are for RAW and JPEG. Have tried the card directly in my macbook, and tried plugging the camera in with a USB C lead.
Also read and re read the instruction book.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer, but having problems with that, have taken 43 images with that set up, but can only find one on Capture 1. seems I have a problem. All my imsages are JPEGS, on the camera, but the settings are for RAW and JPEG. Have tried the card directly in my macbook, and tried plugging the camera in with a USB C lead.
Also read and re read the instruction book.

Sorry I can't help more than that, maybe an XT3 owner will chime in - I know it can be frustrating when you get new gear and there's an issue, I bet there's a simple fix

The very obvious here, but JIC you over-looked - you do have the camera set to RAW + Fine Jpeg in the first place right?

Last edited:
Sorry I can't help more than that, maybe an XT3 owner will chime in - I know it can be frustrating when you get new gear and there's an issue, I bet there's a simple fix
Yes the XT3 does save RAW to one card and jpeg to the other. Check the settings as per the previous posts

Yes the XT3 does save RAW to one card and jpeg to the other. Check the settings as per the previous posts

lightshipman says he already has set it up to split RAW/Jpeg to seperate cards but something is amiss, he's only seeing Jpegs in the software, any ideas on that?

Last edited:
A week in Scotland, not a photo holiday but (obviously) a few snaps! Any distance from the car sharply curtailed mid week, when I fell down the cottage stairs breaking my toe!!

190505 Fairy Glen - Rosemarkie
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

190506 Glen Affric

190509 Eilean Donan Castle

Nice set David (y)
Breaking toes is a mare (done two in the past), and nothing can really be done about it. Steep stairs, or a few too many? ;)

Great set, love the 2nd one... The one you took on the way home is nice too.

Toe sounds painful.... Hope it "heels" soon (y)

Early in the morning, misjudged where tread was - lots of loud noises followed by swearing!!

Bummer ... I can only imagine the swearing ;) I hope it`s not too bader break, mate.

No its ok, hobbling a bit, got to heal quickly, I'm running a two day workshop in Snowdonia next weekend!!!

Bloody hell. Good luck, mate. Double up on thick socks, and tape the toes together (y)

X-T3 shutter count,
Bought my new X-T3 from LCE yesterday, and first image is numbered Fuji 104_4256, this is with new SD card, surely that cant be correct, can any one shed light on it. My Nikon D750 has only done about 6000 actuations in 2 years

Nice set David (y)
Breaking toes is a mare (done two in the past), and nothing can really be done about it. Steep stairs, or a few too many? ;)

Nice set of images, but the toe, painful ouch. Did that to my big toe when I was a kid, very painful.

X-T3 shutter count,
Bought my new X-T3 from LCE yesterday, and first image is numbered Fuji 104_4256, this is with new SD card, surely that cant be correct, can any one shed light on it. My Nikon D750 has only done about 6000 actuations in 2 years

Something awry there...

X-T3 shutter count,
Brand New? Or New to you?
104_ indicates the 4th set of 1000, which tallies with the _4256 number.
I would hazard a guess that the camera has taken that many shots.

Does anyone know whether putting a card in with a high number of shots would make the camera jump to that number (Canon does this iirc).
Either way, that camera can't really be brand new.

Does anyone know whether putting a card in with a high number of shots would make the camera jump to that number (Canon does this iirc).
Either way, that camera can't really be brand new.
Supposedly brand new off the shelf. Will phone the dealer tomorrow.

Either way, that camera can't really be brand new

Yes, if you used an old card it will do that.

I thought it might...
@lightshipman did say it was s new SD card, and looking at their bio, they were Nikon before (does Nikon use the same numbering?).
I can't see any way that their new camera hasn't been out of the box before, albeit it could just have been a few shots with an old card.
I will phone them today to ask, I have given the camera a good check, it looks new. They showed it me off the shelf out of the box, so it is strange.

You should always format the card in the camera you're going to use it with. New camera, format card right away. This could be messing up the folder numbers, old data

I will phone them today to ask, I have given the camera a good check, it looks new. They showed it me off the shelf out of the box, so it is strange.
Was it in a sealed plastic bag ? Should have a silver Fuji sticker, easy to tell if the seal was broken when you opened it.

I've been enjoying my Fuji X-T20 for 12 months now after downsizing from a Nikon D7200, it's fun to use, light and the image quality it produces still surprise me.

In the 12 months I've owned a Fuji, I've taken more photos than I had taken in two years with the D7200.

I've been shooting with the XF 18-55 kit lens now on it's own since I got the camera but I do sometimes wish I had something a bit longer.

I know there is a few XF telephoto zooms available but I won't use it often enough to justify spending more than a couple of hundred pounds on a lens, so I'm looking at getting a second hand XC 55-230, they're going for less than £150 on ebay at the moment, I've read a few reviews but I'm not interested in charts and figures, do any of you have any experience of using the XC 55-230?

Thanks!

I've been enjoying my Fuji X-T20 for 12 months now after downsizing from a Nikon D7200, it's fun to use, light and the image quality it produces still surprise me.

In the 12 months I've owned a Fuji, I've taken more photos than I had taken in two years with the D7200.

I've been shooting with the XF 18-55 kit lens now on it's own since I got the camera but I do sometimes wish I had something a bit longer.

I know there is a few XF telephoto zooms available but I won't use it often enough to justify spending more than a couple of hundred pounds on a lens, so I'm looking at getting a second hand XC 55-230, they're going for less than £150 on ebay at the moment, I've read a few reviews but I'm not interested in charts and figures, do any of you have any experience of using the XC 55-230?

Thanks!

It's a good lens for the money, I had one for a brief period - I traded the 55-200 for a 35 1.4 at the time and the 50-230 was added as part of the deal on his part. I only used it for a short time but was impressed that the IQ was just as decent in good lighting as the 55-200. Build quality wasn't near as nice, and it gets darker quicker because of the slower apertures, but for casual use - birds in the garden, some casual wildlife in local parks on brighter days etc .. I think it's well worth having.

Back