The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yeh the one I bought has a rubber washer. The thing that got me when tightening it was it turning the camera on. I took that as I had tightened it enough!! First camera I’ve paid this much for so as you might imagine hoping I don’t break it!
If you google it there are quite a few who have experienced distortion to the shutter silo when fitting shutter buttons. Shutter Silo is the tube the firing mechanism sits in and the whole shutter travels down it to activate the shutter. When distorted it adds resistance and sticks inside the silo. Many posts say they use loctite blue but that sounds quite final to me, especially if you want to use a mechanical remote.

Guys, I have a small hankering for a 55-200. How is it at the long end, does the sharpness drop off that much? It won`t get used that much, but sometimes I feel I could do with something a lottle longer (oooh err) ;)
Any thoughts would help (y)

The 55-200mm is excellent at all focal lengths with the sharpest aperture being around F5.6. The stabilisation is very good as is the focus speed & accuracy and the contrast. It’s probably still my favourite lens to use.

Hope this helps.,

George.

The 55-200mm is excellent at all focal lengths with the sharpest aperture being around F5.6. The stabilisation is very good as is the focus speed & accuracy and the contrast. It’s probably still my favourite lens to use.

Hope this helps.,

George.

Thanks, George ... Looks like I`ll be on the hunt soon (y)

My son has the 55-200 and I am amazed at how good it is at the long end. We went for a weekend away and he shot some Sparrows in the garden of the cottage, and they were very good.

My son has the 55-200 and I am amazed at how good it is at the long end. We went for a weekend away and he shot some Sparrows in the garden of the cottage, and they were very good.

Thanks, mate (y)

Ah, not very good at this. It's a 2245x1448 from a 6000x4000...….does that make any sense!

Yep, makes sense to me, thanks, mate.

I like all of the shots, if it were me I would try and leave a little more space in front of the car rather than behind. Good to see those old F1 cars :)

I agree with Rick. More space in front or get that nice S curve in behind?

Is this better guys ? The barrier isn't straight so that's why I tried to crop it out of the previous shot plus I didn't get the whole "S" in the shot. My official excuse is I need a press pass to get better angles LOL

Maclaren-2 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
I must say, I've been very very impressed with the X-T20's JPEGs. Colours and dynamic range are excellent; for my use, I haven't felt the need to use RAW yet!

Is this better guys ? The barrier isn't straight so that's why I tried to crop it out of the previous shot plus I didn't get the whole "S" in the shot. My official excuse is I need a press pass to get better angles LOL

Maclaren-2 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr
Works better for me, I just think that vehicles tend to look better with space to move into. :)

Hi all

Forgive me for not reading the previous 1165 pages to see if someone has already answered this query :D

I'm interested in the X-T3 but would need fast primes covering the FX equivalent of a 35mm and 85 mm, and ideally something wider than 20mm too (which I have a 14-24 zoom for)

So what 3 lenses would you recommend ??? Forget price, that's not really an issue, and Fuji's own or a 3rd party is fine too :)

Ta

Dave

Hi all

Forgive me for not reading the previous 1165 pages to see if someone has already answered this query :D

I'm interested in the X-T3 but would need fast primes covering the FX equivalent of a 35mm and 85 mm, and ideally something wider than 20mm too (which I have a 14-24 zoom for)

So what 3 lenses would you recommend ??? Forget price, that's not really an issue, and Fuji's own or a 3rd party is fine too :)

Ta

Dave

zeiss 12mm f2.8 or 14mm f2.8 (fuji)
23mm f1.4 (fuji)
56mm f1.2 (fuji) - i actually have one for sale ;)

Last edited:
Hi all

Ta

Dave

I would say 23 f1.4 (or f2), 56 f1.2 APD (or 90 f2)and probably the 10-24 as the widest prime is 14mm.

I would say 23 f1.4 (or f2), 56 f1.2 APD (or 90 f2)and probably the 10-24 as the widest prime is 14mm.

zeiss 12mm f2.8 or 14mm f2.8 (fuji)
23mm f1.4 (fuji)
56mm f1.2 (fuji) - i actually have one for sale ;)

Thanks guys - I'll look into those suggestions :) just not ready to buy yet, soz addicknchips

I'm actually spending a day with Fuji shooting bridal in July, so hands-on fun might bring my purchase forwards :)

Dave

Thanks guys - I'll look into those suggestions :) just not ready to buy yet, soz addicknchips

I'm actually spending a day with Fuji shooting bridal in July, so hands-on fun might bring my purchase forwards :)

Dave

I have the 14, 23 and 56. Love them all, but be mindful of weather sealing ;)

Back