Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Great set of street style images @Billy , really like the colours, detail, expression in the first shot. And the overall composition, expression, and B&W PP work in the last shot.(y)

George.

@Billy Stick with it. Some good stuff here. The last is brilliant. Well seen.

Ah, decisions, decisions. Just come back from a week in Spain and took with me just the X-Pro1 and 2 lenses but thinking all the time how much easier an X100 would have been to have along for the ride.

Think I may look at an original X100 for everyday plaything. Anyone using one much, thoughts, comments?

I had a Black LE. Sold it when I got X-T1.
Missed it so much I bought another (classic). Just bought another (classic) so I can have one with the wide converter permanently attached. Just choose to take one on walkabout. Carry them both when It gets serious enough to take the tripod.

X-T1 now sold..

I had the X100 original with wide angle lens and used it extensively on a holiday to Vegas / Arizona a couple of years ago. It produced some great pics but I stupidly sold it , I think I might get myself an X100s when the refurb store gets them back in stock.

I had a Black LE. Sold it when I got X-T1.
Missed it so much I bought another (classic). Just bought another (classic) so I can have one with the wide converter permanently attached. Just choose to take one on walkabout. Carry them both when It gets serious enough to take the tripod.

X-T1 now sold..
Why did you sell the XT1 ? I'm loving mine, unfortunately to the detriment of myX100T.

Why did you sell the XT1 ? I'm loving mine, unfortunately to the detriment of myX100T.

Really enjoyed it. But it wasn't the DSLR killer that I'd hoped for. I pre ordered it on the back of pre launch hype. Wanted to replace my D3 and save some bulk. But I shoot a lot of equestrian and the focus tracking on the Fuji simply wasn't good enough. I shoot for profit and need something that gets the job done.
So I use my DSLR (now D4) for work and the Grandchildren. X100 for pretty much everything else.

I'll retire my Event photography soon (age related). Maybe check out X-T1 again with the new firmware.
Of all the cameras I've had I feel more connection with X100 than any other (excluding film stuff)

I agree its definitely not a DSLR, I'm an avid rugby fan so I'll reserve judgement on the new firmware focus improvements until I've had a chance to take some photos this coming season. I know what you mean regarding the X100 series, it's such a nice camera, it does encourage me to take photos. On holiday I take it everywhere with me.

Does anyone use the TCL on their X100 (I'm interested at the T) and use it for portrait style shots? I know the std FL can get some great people shots but am considering going all in & getting both converters too.

Does anyone use the TCL on their X100 (I'm interested at the T) and use it for portrait style shots? I know the std FL can get some great people shots but am considering going all in & getting both converters too.
Fuji where doing a promo it was still on a few weeks ago where if you purchased the wide convertor you got the tele free, I'm not sure if it's still on.

Fuji where doing a promo it was still on a few weeks ago where if you purchased the wide convertor you got the tele free, I'm not sure if it's still on.

Yes, it's still on...part of the reason for my question. :)

Has anybody had much success with astrophotography using their X100/S/T?

I understand the 35mm focal length will limit things slightly but I'd be interested to see peoples results if they fancy sharing :)

I've written to both Amazon and Fuji; let's see what happens...
You'll have no problem sending back to Amazon, if you explained the situation they should say yes and if not just return the camera and order it again.

My X100T had a rare outing today as I've been using my XT1 most of the time recently. It was my 1st Grandsons 1st birthday today so I thought the X100T would be unobtrusive.

untitled-4119.jpg

untitled-4165.jpg

untitled-4125.jpg

Last edited:
One with the x100 and TCL of the Walkie Talkie building in the City of London earlier today

20823971579_5a94115a66_b.jpg

How do folk find the Teleconverter and Wide angle adpater? Sorely tempted by trying Fuji X again and the current X100T offer looks good.

I like them both. I've bought and sold three or four x100 cameras as I just don't get on with the 35mm lens. But with the converters I can go decently wide and get my preferred 50mm focal length (plus the basic 35mm) in a kit that weighs less than a kilo and fits in a tiny man-bag. If I have a trip where I might take a photograph or two, this comes with me. If I am going with the express intention to take photographs then I will use the XT1 and primes. Handling on the x100 plus converters is OK but the TCL is a bit front heavy. I wouldn't want to shoot at less than f4 as my copy of the native x100 lens is soft wide open. I never remember to change the menu settings to say I have a converter on-board which is annoying but entirely my fault. If you are a bit more dedicated to your photography than me, I think you might always feel you should have taken the bigger XT1 kit as the x100 quality isn't quite up to scratch to my eyes. It does feel like a little too much of a compromise sometimes.

Probably controversial, but I'm of the opinion that the X100 family should be used naked as nature intended. If I'm going somewhere I know I'll need different focal lengths, I'll take a suitable camera and lenses, but otherwise I shoot purely with the standard focal length and have seldom wished for anything else.

Probably controversial, but I'm of the opinion that the X100 family should be used naked as nature intended. If I'm going somewhere I know I'll need different focal lengths, I'll take a suitable camera and lenses, but otherwise I shoot purely with the standard focal length and have seldom wished for anything else.
There's a lot of truth in that statement, but for me the wcl fits easily in my pocket when I'm out and about with my X100T, particularly on holiday. It only takes a minute to fit and it does add a little extra for scenery and architecture shots.

That's the big plus with the x100 you can have it with you pretty much all of the time.

I like them both. I've bought and sold three or four x100 cameras as I just don't get on with the 35mm lens. But with the converters I can go decently wide and get my preferred 50mm focal length (plus the basic 35mm) in a kit that weighs less than a kilo and fits in a tiny man-bag. If I have a trip where I might take a photograph or two, this comes with me. If I am going with the express intention to take photographs then I will use the XT1 and primes. Handling on the x100 plus converters is OK but the TCL is a bit front heavy. I wouldn't want to shoot at less than f4 as my copy of the native x100 lens is soft wide open. I never remember to change the menu settings to say I have a converter on-board which is annoying but entirely my fault. If you are a bit more dedicated to your photography than me, I think you might always feel you should have taken the bigger XT1 kit as the x100 quality isn't quite up to scratch to my eyes. It does feel like a little too much of a compromise sometimes.

Thanks for the reply I have wondered that myself actually especially as a used XT1 and a lens would be roughly the same cost!

There's a lot of truth in that statement, but for me the wcl fits easily in my pocket when I'm out and about with my X100T, particularly on holiday. It only takes a minute to fit and it does add a little extra for scenery and architecture shots.
Granted, if I came across a silver WCL at the right money I might just buy it, but I doubt I would get the TCL. For such a difference in focal length there's enough quality in the file to crop a fair bit.

Would you happen to have a link for the Promo? Can't find it browsing on my phone.

EDIT - found it. http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/digital-cameras/proenthusiast-fixed-lens/model/x100t/
Annoyed I didn't spot this when I bought my camera last week. :-(

I've written to both Amazon and Fuji; let's see what happens...

Well I wrote to them both. Amazon, very quick to comeback, 'write to Fuji and they will honour it for you', so I write to Fuji, they take a little longer to come back and say 'Nope we will not, it's the retailers responsibility, oh and by the way, the offers ending tomorrow.'

Of course I wasn't able to pick-up that particular email until 'tomorrow' so that's me out of luck.

Annoyed at myself for not knowing the offer was on, Amazon for not showing the offer and then for giving duff information and Fuji for dragging their heels in responding.
:-(

Granted, if I came across a silver WCL at the right money I might just buy it, but I doubt I would get the TCL. For such a difference in focal length there's enough quality in the file to crop a fair bit.
Well, I've just had to eat my words. Just after my last post my attention was drawn to Amazon offering new WCLs at £180. It would have been rude to refuse!

Well, I've just had to eat my words. Just after my last post my attention was drawn to Amazon offering new WCLs at £180. It would have been rude to refuse!
now that I could be interested in, I purchased the X100S then a X100T with the intention to use it a 35mm a WCL and TCL had never crossed my mind but after reading some posts on here and looking at pics I may well be interested in the WCL, I'll do a little more research.

Here's a couple of shots from a week ago in Preston both raw files edited in Lightroom CC

1. Lancashire Market

2. Arthur Strand

Back