Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

I was in Leeds over the Bank Holiday and had the X100T in my pocket and heard this almighty roar coming from behind it was a nice shinny Ferrari California approaching at speed so I grabbed for the Fuji and this is what I got (no time to change any settings)

I use my Fuji for street stuff but I do like this image.

Settings - f/5.6, 1/125, iso200

I can't seem to find enough settings to fill my custom menus on the X100T. I was OK with the X100S as I had a standard, B&W & B&W harsh setting programmed into the X100S now I have so many pre set setting slots I don't know what to use them far also I have virtually left the programable function buttons as standard.

Any tips on the above, sorry if this as been asked earlier in the thread but the X100T is still pretty new to me and I want to try it as a go anywhere camera as I'm only using it for street at the moment.

Spoiled for choices? :p

How about use the D-pad for instant AF movement? That would take up a large chunk of your programmable buttons. It's what I'd do if I own such a wonderful camera.

Spoiled for choices? :p

How about use the D-pad for instant AF movement? That would take up a large chunk of your programmable buttons. It's what I'd do if I own such a wonderful camera.

Now that's a very good idea I'd never even considered that, it would work great on the street.

That's how I have mine set up. I've basically tried to emulate the controls of my X-T1 as much as possible which makes switching cameras less of a chore. I always got lost when switching from X-T1 to X100S.

Playing with the grandson, in Rome, Italy. (X100)

p554314508-4.jpg

Just returned from a week in Majorca with the family, and was the main reason for me purchasing the X100s, I am happy with the results and it performed really well, I missed my D700 occassionaly, but did not miss the weight/bulk one bit.

Here are some from the trip:

X1002028 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

X1002029 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

X1002057 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

X1002061 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

X1002068 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

X1002384 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

X1002595 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

X1002616 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

Some lovely shots there Daryl. Any of the x100 series really make great travel cameras - it's nice having them with you all day for those quick shots, knowing you won't be killing yourself with the weight and being able to rely on the image quality too!

I agree the x100's are fantastic travel cameras, I never go on a trip without mine. I recently bought a Fuji case for mine but I think it's too much of a faff when taking quick shots, what's the consensus here on full cases ?

I agree the x100's are fantastic travel cameras, I never go on a trip without mine. I recently bought a Fuji case for mine but I think it's too much of a faff when taking quick shots, what's the consensus here on full cases ?

Not for me..no case at all

When I had the original x100, I used the Fuji case and stock lens cap and it was a bit of a faff. With the X100T, no case at all not even a lens cap; instead I use the JJC hood and a B+W protection filter as a kind of 'shoot through' lens cap instead. The filter is decent enough to have no perceptible impact on image quality, and it gives me the confidence to be able to dump the camera into my travel bag and pull it out and be ready to shoot immediately.

Last edited:
Couple of good shot there Marcus @XFile2708 , look even better on Flickr. These Fuji X units sure can churn out the quality even when the ISO has been upped quite a bit.(y)

George.

Thanks for the feedback, re the case I use a Manfrotto Nano case which works OK, it is grief getting it in and out quickly but does the job, I would love to just use a filter and then put the camera in my wifes bag or my pocket but would worry about the body getting marked up.

I usually have the X100T in a bigger bag along with other bits and pieces. I've owned a Blackrapid Snapr35 since the original X100 it's great when I don't want to take a bigger bag. Easily holds the X100/S/T with hood attached and has the added benefit of giving a black rapid strap for the camera.

I usually have the X100T in a bigger bag along with other bits and pieces. I've owned a Blackrapid Snapr35 since the original X100 it's great when I don't want to take a bigger bag. Easily holds the X100/S/T with hood attached and has the added benefit of giving a black rapid strap for the camera.

Wow, I have never seen one of them before, that looks perfect, will need to order myself one of them before my next trip. Thanks for the heads up.

Same here, thanks for the bag info, just ordered one, looks perfect [emoji3]

Couple of good shot there Marcus @XFile2708 , look even better on Flickr. These Fuji X units sure can churn out the quality even when the ISO has been upped quite a bit.(y)

George.

Thanks George - yes the lighting could have made for hard work yesterday but thankfully the Fooj handled it effortlessly.. Got a couple more I'm going to upload to Flickr over the next few days so watch this space :D

Love the shots Marcus, where were they taken?

Thanks Daryl - it was over in Hartlepool - an event called Atomicon.. It's the first time a sci-fi/comic book event has been hosted there.. It proved very popular so I'm almost certain we'll see it returning in 2016 as well (y)

Last edited:
Thanks Marcus, I really want to go to the next Comic Con at the NEC, a great opportunity to get some pics.

Cheers buddy..followed you back, your stream is spot on. Always nice to see a fellow north east tog on here.

Cheers matey - there's a few North East guys I follow over on FlickR.. having only lived up here 8yrs its always good to see and find out about areas I'm not familiar with that might make good photo opportunities (y)

Some great images there loving the comic con pics, I'm off to Fuerteventura for a week in 5 weeks and just taking the X100T to see how I get on without an SLR in my bag.

Some great images there loving the comic con pics, I'm off to Fuerteventura for a week in 5 weeks and just taking the X100T to see how I get on without an SLR in my bag.

Looking forward to some examples when you get back, looking at holidays in Fuerteventura myself for the family next August, have a nice trip :)

Brilliant, love these ! This little camera never ceases to amaze me, that first shot @6400 iso is as good as anything I've taken with my Canon 5d3 at 6400.

Thanks Jim - yes this camera continues to amaze me with what it can produce where a lot of other cameras would struggle... amazing piece of kit if you're happy to shoot with a fixed lens setup (y)

Back