Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

I remembered doing the same with my old X10 so I tried it with the X100T, the SB-900 was off the camera in SU-4 mode but what would happen if I had a SB-900 or Sb-700 on the X100T's hot shoe would the hotshot trigger the flash or would it damage the flash or camera?

I remembered doing the same with my old X10 so I tried it with the X100T, the SB-900 was off the camera in SU-4 mode but what would happen if I had a SB-900 or Sb-700 on the X100T's hot shoe would the hotshot trigger the flash or would it damage the flash or camera?

They will work fine as manual only, but if you are managing to use them off camera then I would stick with that. Mounted on camera will be a bit of a handful!

For more flash fun take a look at the Yongnuo YN560TX along with a Yongnuo YN560III or IV. These will give you off camera flash without having to fire the inbuilt flash and give you full control of the flash power and zoom from the camera position. They also sync no problem up to 1/1000s and can be used with experimentation up to 1/4000s

They will work fine as manual only, but if you are managing to use them off camera then I would stick with that. Mounted on camera will be a bit of a handful!

For more flash fun take a look at the Yongnuo YN560TX along with a Yongnuo YN560III or IV. These will give you off camera flash without having to fire the inbuilt flash and give you full control of the flash power and zoom from the camera position. They also sync no problem up to 1/1000s and can be used with experimentation up to 1/4000s
Hmmm very interesting but I must obey her indoors as I already have 3 SB-900's and an SB-700 and i can't say on here what she said if I buy any more flash units.

Just as a matter of interest I've just had a look on eBay and I can get the flash and trigger for under £70.00.

Ordered a Fuji xe1 as a backup to my xt10 but then after looking at this thread and YouTube videos I've now ordered a x100s from the refurb store. XE1 will have to be sold!!!

Andy

Ordered a Fuji xe1 as a backup to my xt10 but then after looking at this thread and YouTube videos I've now ordered a x100s from the refurb store. XE1 will have to be sold!!!

Andy
I'm sure you'll love the X100s mine was a great camera, I now have the T but usability and IQ are same as the S.

My battery wouldn't charge in my X100t charger so I sent the battery and charger off to Fuji and now after 3 1/2 weeks of waiting and several phone calls I've just received my battery and a brand new charge back this morning.

I have to go to work now but I'm going to have a play tomorrow as I sold my DSLR and at the moment only have the Fuji, life's boring without a camera.

My battery wouldn't charge in my X100t charger so I sent the battery and charger off to Fuji and now after 3 1/2 weeks of waiting and several phone calls I've just received my battery and a brand new charge back this morning.

I have to go to work now but I'm going to have a play tomorrow as I sold my DSLR and at the moment only have the Fuji, life's boring without a camera.

Did you not have a spare battery which you could charge in camera?

Well my x100s has arrived from Fuji and guess what the battery won't charge. It powered up then the red battery light came on and flashed then camera switched off. When you put battery into the charger green light initially comes on then it goes off after about 1 second. Phone call to fuji tommorow.

Andy

Can anyone recommend a decent neck strap for the x100t?
I love my Matin Vintage leather strap (example ebay link) I've bought a couple of them from this seller and they are pretty quick geting the items to you. Straps are god quality too and great for the price. I have the 20 and it's a decent size - I use a 30 on the XT1.

Well my x100s has arrived from Fuji and guess what the battery won't charge. It powered up then the red battery light came on and flashed then camera switched off. When you put battery into the charger green light initially comes on then it goes off after about 1 second. Phone call to fuji tommorow.

Andy
Not good Andy, make sure you call them once they get it back as I think mine was just left on the back burner but I did get a brand new charger so that must have been the problem with mine.

Not good Andy, make sure you call them once they get it back as I think mine was just left on the back burner but I did get a brand new charger so that must have been the problem with mine.

Phoned them this morning and they are testing one before sending out first class. Did a search on Google and it seems to be a common problem.

Andy

Just got back from a fortnight in Zakynthos. The only camera I took was the X100 that I bought a few weeks ago. I do like the camera as the handling is reminiscent of the ancient Canon rangefinder I had back in the day, but I'm finding the menus awkward (for the life of me I can't get the bloody flash to fire when I want it to) and having had top line 35mm and DSLR for many years I feel seriously restricted by the fixed lens. I will be looking at the files tonight so hoping I've got something g suitable for printing up - I used the panoramic mode quite a bit for the first time so hopefully they will come out OK.

Rob

Well credit to Fuji Customer service the charger came the next day and I've now managed to have an outing with it. First impressions I love it. You have to think more with it being a 27mm especially as I'm more of zoom person previously but getting used to primes now. The camera is a really nice size slightly bigger than my XT10 but feels good in the hand. The flash isn't bad and the ND filter helps you get a nice depth of field wide open in the sun. Low light it isn't bad at all sometimes it hunts. First impressions are good.

Well credit to Fuji Customer service the charger came the next day and I've now managed to have an outing with it. First impressions I love it. You have to think more with it being a 27mm especially as I'm more of zoom person previously but getting used to primes now. The camera is a really nice size slightly bigger than my XT10 but feels good in the hand. The flash isn't bad and the ND filter helps you get a nice depth of field wide open in the sun. Low light it isn't bad at all sometimes it hunts. First impressions are good.

Glad you like it, I went out with mine today but had the wife with me and she didn't have time for me to take any pics so I was demoted to bag carrier.

My full circle was completed yesterday, after the X100 then the X100S and then the X100T I went back to the X100 after picking up an immaculate 2nd one.

My full circle was completed yesterday, after the X100 then the X100S and then the X100T I went back to the X100 after picking up an immaculate 2nd one.

Nice one. For me, the original and best. I've now got two. One with WCL permanently attached. Thinking I'd like a black one with TCL..love them.

There is something quite magical about the images from the original X100, I just couldn't bear to part with mine, despite now only using it rarely

I'd have loved to have kept the X100T, being able to customise the controls to closely match the X-T1 made it much easier to use on the odd occasions I did. However due to the fact it was only odd occasions it didn't make sense to keep it.

Nice one. For me, the original and best. I've now got two. One with WCL permanently attached. Thinking I'd like a black one with TCL..love them.

Ideally I would have liked a black one, unfortunately the limited edition premium still carries over to this day. However the black TCL doesn't look too strange on a silver X100, I can live with it anyway.

I keep looking for an X100 but they all seem to be near £300 and to me thats probably £50 to much.

I'd have loved to have kept the X100T, being able to customise the controls to closely match the X-T1 made it much easier to use on the odd occasions I did. However due to the fact it was only odd occasions it didn't make sense to keep it.

Ideally I would have liked a black one, unfortunately the limited edition premium still carries over to this day. However the black TCL doesn't look too strange on a silver X100, I can live with it anyway.

I purchased a black X100t then sold it to buy a silver as my X100s was silver (i loved it) couldn't bond with the black X100t:wacky:

I just found out that my X100T will work with my old little Polaroid Pogo ZINK printer using a USB cable. I hadn't realised the Fuji had PictBridge printing on it. Shame it won't print wirelessly but a USB cable is always nearby,

I used the Pogo a lot when travelling a few years back as I kept a handwritten scrapbook and stuck the little ZINK prints into it at the end of every day - great for memories.

There's a silver x100s back in stock at Fuji refurbished in case anyone is after one.

Gutted to say that i have just put my Black X100S up in the for sale forum :puke:

But have replaced it with a Black X100T :D

Looking forward to classic chrome and wifi

Gutted to say that i have just put my Black X100S up in the for sale forum :puke:

But have replaced it with a Black X100T :D

Looking forward to classic chrome and wifi

The wifi is something I miss however I bought the X100s to complement the XT-10 although at the moment i'm just using the X100s to get used to it. When I go out with 2 bodies though I can put the X100s memory card in the X-T10 and transfer them by wifi that way.

When I go out with 2 bodies though I can put the X100s memory card in the X-T10 and transfer them by wifi that way.

Does it mess up your file numbers when you do that?

I've got X100 and X-E2, I do miss the wifi on my X100.

I know X100 had this problem where if you upgrade firmware then put in a blank card, the file numbers restart. The X100 essentially reads the last file number and continue to shoot from there.

The wifi is something I miss however I bought the X100s to complement the XT-10 although at the moment i'm just using the X100s to get used to it. When I go out with 2 bodies though I can put the X100s memory card in the X-T10 and transfer them by wifi that way.
What do you use your WiFi for just transferring images from your camera to your phone/tablet on the fly or remote shooting as it's a function I've never used on my X100t.

Does it mess up your file numbers when you do that?

I've got X100 and X-E2, I do miss the wifi on my X100.

I know X100 had this problem where if you upgrade firmware then put in a blank card, the file numbers restart. The X100 essentially reads the last file number and continue to shoot from there.

I haven't really looked to be honest as I just tend to transfer images to iPad then upload to Flickr.

What do you use your WiFi for just transferring images from your camera to your phone/tablet on the fly or remote shooting as it's a function I've never used on my X100t.

I shoot n JPEG then transfer images to iPad then upload to Flickr. Need a new laptop as want to start shooting raw and using Lightroom as current laptop is too old.

Back