Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

I shoot n JPEG then transfer images to iPad then upload to Flickr. Need a new laptop as want to start shooting raw and using Lightroom as current laptop is too old.
I'm off on holiday for a week 11/10/15 and I'm taking my X100T with me I'm not taking a laptop but I'll have my Samsung tab with me so I'll download the Fuji app and have a go with the camera's WiFi.

I'd be interested to hear how people get on using the Fuji app - was going to download it but heard a lot of people saying its broken under ios 9 :confused:

I'd be interested to hear how people get on using the Fuji app - was going to download it but heard a lot of people saying its broken under ios 9 :confused:
Which Fuji app is it as there are so many, is it camera remote?

I think it got fixed recently via an update for the app.

Like a lot of us, I was getting a little fed up with lugging around a FF camera and lenses all the time for that just in case shot whilst out and about.
So finally got myself a x100t and I must say, I am very impressed! OK, I have only owned it for a day, but so far so good.

Looking forward to getting my hands on a X100S (Hi Gadget-Guy!), few questions:

1) Any problem going for a cheap eBay lens hood such as this vs the real deal?

2) Any recommendations for a memory card? Not bought one for a while and they all seem much of a muchness. Any thoughts on this (64gb transcend)?

3) Would people recommend a case? Not a fan of making it more bulky than it has to be so the semi-semi-permenant cases are a bit of a turnoff, any recommendations welcome!

Gutted to say that i have just put my Black X100S up in the for sale forum :puke:

2) Any recommendations for a memory card? Not bought one for a while and they all seem much of a muchness. Any thoughts on this (64gb transcend)?

3) Would people recommend a case? Not a fan of making it more bulky than it has to be so the semi-semi-permenant cases are a bit of a turnoff, any recommendations welcome!

This may help:snaphappy:

1. I purchased 2 £5.00 lens hoods off eBay both rubbish, I had a JJC hood on my X100S that was good but I purchased a genuine Fuji hood for my X100T (not much is any different from the JJC)

2. I've got a Lexar 64GB coming 1000X SD - 150MB/s from my memory they where £24.99 the other week but now there £29.99 but nice and fast

3. the best case I had was a half leather Gariz case.

@Gold I also purchased a third party hood (not JJC). Junked it within minutes of it arriving. I know it does the same job but the fit and finish was terrible. Immediately bought the Fuji one. Perfect colour and of course perfect fit.

Choose pretty much any card, never used a case. Get some spare batteries.

Thanks for your replies. I don't think I can justify the cost of the Fuji lens hood so will go for the JJC one. Some reviews mention this can partially block the OVF, the main reason I'm getting the X100, does anyone have any experience of this?

There are two different JJC hoods. The one I have doesn't block the OVF. I posted a picture a couple of pages back I think.

There are two different JJC hoods. The one I have doesn't block the OVF. I posted a picture a couple of pages back I think.
Thanks. I've ordered the JJC mark 2.

Its on its way ;-)

As to lens hoods i have the latest JJC and its a fairly good fit and finish for the price but obscures the flash for than the OVF.

Cards i dont really use burst or need quick write times so i go for a decent brand but cheap unlike the silly fast expensive ones in the 1DX.

Have the genuine Fuji case which is great but dont have experience of any others.

Have a read or do a search for anything by David Hobby from Strobist for some very good tips and check out his review of the X100S on youtube as its well worth it.

http://strobist.blogspot.gr/2013/03/in-depth-new-fujifilm-x100s.html

Thanks it's our dog, about 5 seconds later he decided he didn't want to lick the ice cream anymore and took a massive bite leaving my wife with about an inch of the cone left!!!

Andy

He he! Ours used to do that, lulled is into a false sense with the initial lick!

Day 3 with The T. Spent most of that time getting familiar with the cameras settings........ My goodness its not easy, keep pressing the wrong buttons thinking its my 5d LOL
Anyway here is another one, not great I know but hopefully I will improve once me and T bond .

Jpeg straight from camera .

I am beginning to like the T, it will never replace my FF Canon but what a camera! One from today's walk along the seafront.

So, I'm down to one X100. Its the classic fitted with WCL. I want a black one. Thinking of X100T as walkabout and keep the classic for tripod/filter use. Any thoughts..?

I went from original x100 to t and it's been a good move. I wouldn't sell your original though if you can afford not to. I love having a lot of the refinements of the t, and after getting used to the sensor via the xt1, I'm very happy with the output. But there definitely was some magic in the original that's not quite there with the new one. If only they'd brought in all the improvements, but tied them to the 12mp bayer sensor!

I've went from the X100 to the X100S and then the X100T, then all the way back to the X100 again. But unfortunately I'm back to the same problems I had before upgrading to the 100T.

I'm very comfortable using the XT1 now and I had the X100T set up to work very similar to it. The original just feels alien to me now :( I'll be jumping back to the 100T as soon as I can.

I just love the original and its not getting away again,( thanks Trev;) ) but will eventually add the T.just trying some nd filters and polarizers when the weather picks up.

Its like your first lover ,you want to move on but the magic of that first embrace wont let you :brb:

Back