Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Soo...sold my 18+35 from my XT1 but it's left me a bit short of the 23mm f1.4 I wanted to get (and can't put in extra till after christmas) so I need a stand in....so I'm tempted by a X100s to fill the gap till after christmas. As I'd only buy the 35mm f2 as a stop gap so I'm not losing anything here...

I can't believe how cheap these x100's are going lately on eBay. I just picked up a mint black limited edition x100 with all the extras boxed for £275. Another one went for £285 shortly after. What's going on? Hehe

That sounds like a bargain, and they are so much better now with all the new firmware than they were when new

Soo...sold my 18+35 from my XT1 but it's left me a bit short of the 23mm f1.4 I wanted to get (and can't put in extra till after christmas) so I need a stand in....so I'm tempted by a X100s to fill the gap till after christmas. As I'd only buy the 35mm f2 as a stop gap so I'm not losing anything here...

I've got a mint XF23mm (bought new from Digital Depot in March) available for purchase.
I've recently sold my XE2 and XT1 bodies so now will be selling my lenses.
Let me know if you're interested.

A few shots I took this morning in Lanzarote. I didn't bring my XT1 or a tripod this time, kinda regretting it now. The X100T is great but I miss the stabilised 10-24mm for long handheld shots.

*DSCF4215.jpg *DSCF4217.jpg *DSCF4220.jpg *DSCF4222.jpg *DSCF4236.jpg

Last edited:
I was in Bath on the weekend to see the Christmas Market, although I had my DSLR with me I just couldn't be bothered to carry it with all the crowds.

I happened to walk past a Camera shop and went in for a look, came out with an X100T :) after spending the day/night with it I love it!!

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some accessories to go with it?

I probably need a strap, maybe just a wrist strap, maybe a case and well anything else that may come in handy or just something cool.

Anyway here's a couple of snaps I took when trying to figure out how to use it, the last 3 were taken late at night at 6400 iso and I had no idea how the camera would handle it, answer very well I think.

All I need to do now is get the courage to do some proper street photography :)

bath4.jpg

bath5.jpg

bath3.jpg

bath2.jpg

bath1.jpg

I can recommend the thumb grip for better handling and a soft release too

Thanks, any particular thumb grip? just had a look on amazon and ebay and there appears to be quite a few.

The Match Technical soft releases look nice but quite expensive and can't find a UK stockist atm.

Thanks, any particular thumb grip? just had a look on amazon and ebay and there appears to be quite a few.

The Match Technical soft releases look nice but quite expensive and can't find a UK stockist atm.
I bought my MT soft release from The Classic camera in London, I don't think the Match technical thumb grips are worth the money, I have one on my Xpro1 and it started brassing with in weeks. I bought the Lensmate thumb grip for my X100T and XT1 from the states, expensive but significantly cheaper than match technical and every bit as good. The thumb grip is a must for the x100 series IMO I also blinged my X100T with a Gordys strap and a Gariz half case, it looks great. I'll post a pic or two tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply and the links, the lensmate stuff looks nice I may go for that. Cheers

Yeah the LM thumb grip is $59.95 as opposed to £109 for the MT one and in my opinion there's nothing between them quality or functionality wise. I bought two LM grips from the states for my x100t and XT1 I got hit for vat, I think it was £17 for the two, still comes in way cheaper than the Match technical though.

It was best part of 2 weeks iirc.

OK thanks, so with Christmas guess I'd be lucky to get this side of the new year.. maybe I'll have to buy a cheap grip to keep me going until it arrives.

A couple quick shots of my current holiday kit Jase, sorry about the quality I took them with my iPad. I had it out with me last night in a restaurant and a couple stopped me and asked was it an old film camera lol
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

That looks really cool!! I have to ask though is the half case just for bling or does it serve a purpose?

Is the lens hood the Fuji official or third party? I've heard there's not much difference apart from the price.

I really want to get out for some street photography now, this little camera has me excited for some reason.

The half case definitely gives more grip and it's a JJC hood I got from Amazon.

Oki doki, do they do a full case as well, just thinking of something for a bit of protection or even a small bag ?

As for the hood I've read that you can see it through the viewfinder when on, how much of an issue is that, does it block much?

If you use the ovf then yes you can see it, but with the evf no it's not a problem. It will always be a problem with the on board flash though. That's why I bought the Nissin i40.

Hi,
I'm really getting the x100* itch and I'm getting tempted by the current classifieds, however, I have an xt-1 and a few lenses including the 23mm.
What does the x100t give me over my current setup apart from a little smaller? Is the IQ any better with an x100 or is it just the fact that you really have to think about composition etc.

I want it, but will I pick it up over my xt and 23mm?

Thanks.

It's smaller and lighter, high speed flash sync, but a different camera altogether, doesn't suit everyone. Many people prefer the jpgs from the original x100 (non xtrans) over the later cameras but like all photography there are differing opinions. Many think the xtrans sensor offer better higher iso. The 23mm fixed lens is softer at f2 and wider apertures than your 23mm f1.4, but after f2.8 I doubt you could barely tell. A fixed lens is either liberating or frustrating. You can buy the 28 or 50mm converters but you are then heading back to where you are with the xt1. I have them for mine though, and a Nikon converter which fits. The x100s are excellent cameras but don't suit everyone.

Thanks. I do like the idea of it being able to fit in my jacket pocket (just), rather than having to carry a small bag. But i'm wondering if i should get a zoom compact rather than the fixed lens - but I just love the style of the x100* and feel like I need one in my life :)

Hi, it's the wc-e68. It makes the Lens approximate to 24mm equivalent. It needs the adapter ring for 49mm filters from the jjc lens hood if I remember correctly, haven't used it since summer. Miles cheaper than the wcl100 and good performance.

Hi, it's the wc-e68. It makes the Lens approximate to 24mm equivalent. It needs the adapter ring for 49mm filters from the jjc lens hood if I remember correctly, haven't used it since summer. Miles cheaper than the wcl100 and good performance.

Many thanks for that info, much appreciated.(y)

George.

Should add you can select the wide conversion option in the menus to add correction that looks about right.

I'm getting my x100 on Friday. Was a bargain eBay purchase I think at just over £200 fully boxed in amazing condition. Can't wait to have a play.

I'm getting my x100 on Friday. Was a bargain eBay purchase I think at just over £200 fully boxed in amazing condition. Can't wait to have a play.

You've bought an amazing camera. Get to know it and it'll reward you in spades.

Just looking through the Flickr galleries taken with the x100 has given me really high expectations.

Blimey that's a great price. I've been looking for one for ages around £200 quid and they hardly ever come up for that price anywhere including here!

I didn't really expect to win it or even know much about the x100. Took a punt and then got told off by she who must be obeyed.

Back