Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

I still love me x100 (original). Is it really worth upgrading?

While i'm on though - could anyone recommend a good shoulder or neck strap that fits onto the camera and doesnt scratch the camera please?
I use a Gordy's with a couple of small rubber washers on the camera eyelets.

I still love me x100 (original). Is it really worth upgrading?

While i'm on though - could anyone recommend a good shoulder or neck strap that fits onto the camera and doesnt scratch the camera please?

Only you can answer this. Me..? I've also got the Classic, can't find a single reason to upgrade. Love the thing.

OK, help needed here please.

I'm a long term x100 owner but I'm lost. My X100t has suddenly opted to only allow the 4 d pad buttons to set focus points and I can't change that option in the menu. This has happened without me, apparently, changing anything ( I'm sure I have I just don't know what!!)
Any ideas?

Thanks!(-:

Last edited:
someone talk me out of or into buying an X70.

The X100T (and before that the X100S) has been my only camera for over two years now. I love it to bits, and it does everything I need. It fits into coat pockets or the side pocket of my backpack for easy access, and goes on every trip with me. I don't use a camera bag or case anymore.

But: Sometimes I wish it was a little bit wider. Most of my photography is urban, street, landscapes, architecture... the stuff you shoot on trips somewhere. I find myself often cutting off the very tops of buildings with the X100T for instance. I have the WCL but never use it because it makes the camera too bulky.

I skipped on the X70 because I thought it was just the X100T without the viewfinder which I actually prefer to use most of the time. Then I was talking to a friend about how I was going to backpack through Peru during the end of the year and wish my X100T was a bit wider. He told me to check out the X70 and now it seems perfect – and very reasonably priced. It also seems somewhat pointless to own both the X100T and the X70. So what do I do now...

tl;dr: will be hiking through Peru for two months from October to December. My X100T is the maximum I'd want to carry along. Would love wider FOV, would probably miss OVF/EVF. Do I get the X70, play with it for a week or two and then decide which one to keep?

Last edited:
OK, help needed here please.

I'm a long term x100 owner but I'm lost. My X100t has suddenly opted to only allow the 4 d pad buttons to set focus points and I can't change that option in the menu. This has happened without me, apparently, changing anything ( I'm sure I have I just don't know what!!)
Any ideas?

Thanks!(-:

Can't remember the exact page of the camera menu but there is an option to change the d'pad from four separate functions to only changing the focus points. It will be in one of the spanner menus I'm sure.

The X100T (and before that the X100S) has been my only camera for over two years now. I love it to bits, and it does everything I need. It fits into coat pockets or the side pocket of my backpack for easy access, and goes on every trip with me. I don't use a camera bag or case anymore.

But: Sometimes I wish it was a little bit wider. Most of my photography is urban, street, landscapes, architecture... the stuff you shoot on trips somewhere. I find myself often cutting off the very tops of buildings with the X100T for instance. I have the WCL but never use it because it makes the camera too bulky.

I skipped on the X70 because I thought it was just the X100T without the viewfinder which I actually prefer to use most of the time. Then I was talking to a friend about how I was going to backpack through Peru during the end of the year and wish my X100T was a bit wider. He told me to check out the X70 and now it seems perfect – and very reasonably priced. It also seems somewhat pointless to own both the X100T and the X70. So what do I do now...

tl;dr: will be hiking through Peru for two months from October to December. My X100T is the maximum I'd want to carry along. Would love wider FOV, would probably miss OVF/EVF. Do I get the X70, play with it for a week or two and then decide which one to keep?

What about an X-E2 with an 18mm, comparable size to the X100, fov of the X70 and still have the EVF.

Can't remember the exact page of the camera menu but there is an option to change the d'pad from four separate functions to only changing the focus points. It will be in one of the spanner menus I'm sure.
Brilliant, that's done it! Haven't got a clue how that setting changed.
Many thanks indeed!!!(-:

Do I get the X70, play with it for a week or two and then decide which one to keep?

That's what I did. In the end I upgraded my X100 to a T and sent back the X70. One of the reasons I wasn't happy with it was that it was very difficult to see the focus points on the screen in bright sunlight - that may be a problem on your travels. I did think the X70 was going to be the answer to my dreams (I prefer the 28mm generally) as it has so much more functionality than the X100. But the X100T has all the same stuff too, and a viewfinder......but it looks like I'm stuck with 35mm (unless I spring for converter!(-:)

Last edited:
What about an X-E2 with an 18mm, comparable size to the X100, fov of the X70 and still have the EVF.
I was thinking about that as well... My neighbour has an X-E2S with the 27mm and it's virtually the same as the X100T in many ways. I could get the 18 and the 27 and have a very compact and capable travel setup with the best of both worlds. But the reviews on the 18 are very mixed and I somehow expect the 18.5 on the X70 to deliver better IQ? Also, if I were to get the X-E2S, I'd probably go down the rabbit hole of buying back all those juicy primes... I sometimes dream of my old 56/1.2- :crying:

That's what I did. In the end I upgraded my X100 to a T and sent back the X70. One of the reasons I wasn't happy with it was that it was very difficult to see the focus points on the screen in bright sunlight - that may be a problem on your travels. I did think the X70 was going to be the answer to my dreams (I prefer the 28mm generally) as it has so much more functionality than the X100. But the X100T has all the same stuff too, and a viewfinder......but it looks like I'm stuck with 35mm (unless I spring for converter!(-:)
The X100T is such a capable camera! I had the X100S before and it always felt like such a compromise coming from the X-T1. But the X100T is very snappy and improved drastically on all the weaknesses of the X100 and X100S imo. I just played around for half an hour with the WCL on my X100T and I think I do prefer 28mm, too – generally. That said, I wouldn't recommend you get the converter. Mine's been sitting in a drawer for two years now. It just completely ruins the simplicity and form factor of the X100. If you do want to buy one used, though, send me a message. ;)

On a recent trip I took the X-E2, 18,27 & 35. 90% of my shots were with the 18mm and the other 10% with the 35. The 27mm didn't take up a lot of space but it really wasn't worth me carrying it.

I used to own the X-T1 with the 14, 10-24, 23, 35 and 56 lenses. Selling all that for the X100S and then T just felt so liberating. Limiting my technical choices forced me to be creative and improved my photography a lot. So I'm somewhat hesitant to "go back". Maybe just the 18 and the 27 (or 35, which I loved, and, down the road, possibly the 56), however... ah... it never ends.

Or stick with the idea of going for the X70 and just getting used to thinking in that focal length like I got used to thinking in 35mm equiv.... I just think, I might prefer 28mm equiv.

Last edited:
Stick some tape over the viewfinder of the X100 and get out using it for a couple of weeks. At least you will know if you can live without the viewfinder.

Dergit - The built-in digital tele converter on the X70 might help you decide. Like you, I'm considering chopping in my X100T for it.

@dergit, can't you just buy a wide angle Fuji convertor lens for your 100T. Will be a lot cheaper than an X70 and they seem to have good reviews. You can get one to make the lens longer too. Not sure if this has been suggested yet?

Yeah, the WCL is about to be sold. Probably to fund an X70. Just seems like a very good hiking and backpacking camera, all things considered. Thanks guys!

I was at my best friend's wedding as best man, managed to snap a few in between using the trusty X100. The happy couple love the photos and have used many of my photos on their social media, because the professional photos would take weeks to come back.

The X100 has still got it, apart from slow AF (compared to latest models) and lack of Wifi for instant photo sharing, the image quality and usability are all still top notch. Many of the photos hanging on my wall are all shot using the X100, despite owning many other camera systems.

Wedding
by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Stairway to happiness
by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Wedding reception
by wuyanxu, on Flickr

I was at my best friend's wedding as best man, managed to snap a few in between using the trusty X100. The happy couple love the photos and have used many of my photos on their social media, because the professional photos would take weeks to come back.

The X100 has still got it, apart from slow AF (compared to latest models) and lack of Wifi for instant photo sharing, the image quality and usability are all still top notch. Many of the photos hanging on my wall are all shot using the X100, despite owning many other camera systems.

Wedding
by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Stairway to happiness
by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Wedding reception
by wuyanxu, on Flickr

Liking the first two very much Wuyan, the first one for the spot on colour, and well controlled exposure. And the second shot for its creative essence and good use of aperture.(y)

George.

I have both the X100T and the X70, very different cameras, but for me, the beauty of theX70 is its size, it does fit in a pocket. I kinda miss the viewfinder, but it's so easy to use with the tilting screen. The 18.5mm lens is as sharp or sharper than my X100T's. I've been taking it everywhere with me as it's so small. The output is fantastic as is my X100T and X Pro 2. I got mine from the Fuji refurb with the paypal12 code it was under £400.
I'm using it as a snapshot camera at the moment, mainly to get the hang of it.
You can see a few first shots here
https://flic.kr/s/aHskFjLidQ

One other thing, the digital crop works really well, 35 and 50mm and it doesn't seem to impact the IQ.

Yeah, I just sniped a used one on a German forum (I'm located in Germany right now)... will see how it fares but the smaller form factor and wider focal length really make it an attractive option if IQ and usability are as close to the X100T as everything I've heard and seen suggests they are. Thanks everyone. Will keep you posted... maybe both get to stick around, maybe either X70 or X100T will have to go.

If everything goes as I hope it does, it works out fine and I let the X100T go, possibly looking to get into the X-E3 with some lenses once it drops with the new sensor... For the more "serious" projects.

Nikon Coolpix-A is a fantastic little camera, very pocketable and with 28mm-equiv lens - sharper than the X100, too. It used to be the best part of £1k, but now under £300 on Amazon. Curry's have had them for even less recently. Total bargain, even if it lacks the Fuji's charm.

Last edited:
Ive always fancied an x100/S/T, just not sure if i should get rid of my XT1 to get one. Going to have a read of this thread.

Ive always fancied an x100/S/T, just not sure if i should get rid of my XT1 to get one. Going to have a read of this thread.
I had an X100 and although I loved it, I found the 23mm lens very limiting. I bought the wide-angle converter but wasn't that impressed and it changed the camera from neat and pocketable to quite bulky. I sold it for an XE-2 which is much more versatile. I have a 27mm pancake lens on that as my walkabout camera and have since added an XT-1 for more considered work.

I often have a hankering for another X100 series but I know I'll have the same issues again. It is a personal choice though :)

Personally I wouldn't advise it, I love mine, but there are times when I need a bit more versatility so I've always had another X camera at the same time, the X pro 1, then the X-T1 and presently the X Pro 2. I wouldn't consider selling my X100T but I couldn't envisage it being my only camera.

I've recently sold my X100t and regret it in a way but for me personally I could never sell my xt1 for another. I may however pick up the original x100 at some stage.

I have both. For me the X100T is great as it is and I like the form factor so the TCL andWCL defeat the object. On my XT1 I have just the 18-135. Pondering the 35mm f2 so I have a fast 50mm equivalent which is small and that is all I need

I did just that, a little over a year ago. I was very happy with the decision up until very recently.

Originally I got an X100S to go on tour with my band with. I didn't want to bring the rather bulky X-T1 with the brilliant 23/1.4. The X100S got very close in performance. So I sold the whole bunch (X-T1, 10-24, 14, 23, 35, 56 and X100S) and got an X100T. It felt strangely liberating to eliminate the consideration process of what equipment to bring to any given occasion. I was used to the 35mm equiv. FOV and appreciated the light and compact setup.

The only thing I was missing was wide angles for land- and cityscapes. That's why I'm now getting the X70... I'll probably let the X100T go after a while of not really using it and I'll be very tempted to get the X-T2 or X-E3 with some lenses once it drops for the (rare) more serious projects.

(An X120 with a 50mm equiv. would have me tempted as well, though... :D)

Back