Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

I'm having the same dilemma, I fancy the 23mm for my X Pro2 but I'd be duplicating the FOV of my X100T. I've recently re-purchased an 18-55mm so I was considering moving my 16-55mm on and getting a fast wide prime.

I sold my 18-55mm shortly after I bought the 16-55, I took it to Barcelona with me. After a day I realised how big and heavy it is. Fantastic lens, but in 30C plus and walking for miles every day I soon realised how much I missed my little 18-55. I've also pre-ordered an X-T2 and plan to use it for video, so a lens with OIS is a must, so I bought another 18-55, its a great little lens, punches well above its weight.

Last edited:
Does anyone own an xt1 or xpro2. If so what glass do they use and how does that play out with the x100? I've preordered an xt2 and have no idea what glass to go with. I'm thinking start with the 16-55 2.8 because it's versatile. Love to hear what people with the greatest camera ever think! Prob use the xt2 for general use, portraits and hopefully some event work.

Does anyone own an xt1 or xpro2. If so what glass do they use and how does that play out with the x100? I've preordered an xt2 and have no idea what glass to go with. I'm thinking start with the 16-55 2.8 because it's versatile. Love to hear what people with the greatest camera ever think! Prob use the xt2 for general use, portraits and hopefully some event work.

Adam

I started with an X100 (which I still have) and added an X-E2 then X-T1.

I have tried most of the Fuji Primes and some of the Zooms but not the 16-55/50-140. Fuji don't make any bad glass, some of the older lenses take a little longer to focus 18/35/60 but optically they are all good.

The 16-55 appears a bit of marmite lens from most users on TP, some love it, others find it heavy, or the distortion at the wide end not to their liking, most of use moved to mirrorless for weight saving so slapping a huge piece of glass on the front, sort of defeats the object.

The primes (with the possible exception of the 18) are all brilliant.

Oh and if you've think you've got the 23mm focal length covered with the X100 then think again, the XF23mm is simply stunning.

(BTW I have currently got Samyang 8mm + Fuji 14/23/35(f1.4)/56/90/18-55/18-135/50-230, so a little experience!! Post on the X-T1 threads and you'll find plenty of opinions, even though I have an X100 the last lens I'd sell from my X-T1 would be the 23mm!!!)

Adam

I started with an X100 (which I still have) and added an X-E2 then X-T1.

I have tried most of the Fuji Primes and some of the Zooms but not the 16-55/50-140. Fuji don't make any bad glass, some of the older lenses take a little longer to focus 18/35/60 but optically they are all good.

The 16-55 appears a bit of marmite lens from most users on TP, some love it, others find it heavy, or the distortion at the wide end not to their liking, most of use moved to mirrorless for weight saving so slapping a huge piece of glass on the front, sort of defeats the object.

The primes (with the possible exception of the 18) are all brilliant.

Oh and if you've think you've got the 23mm focal length covered with the X100 then think again, the XF23mm is simply stunning.

(BTW I have currently got Samyang 8mm + Fuji 14/23/35(f1.4)/56/90/18-55/18-135/50-230, so a little experience!! Post on the X-T1 threads and you'll find plenty of opinions, even though I have an X100 the last lens I'd sell from my X-T1 would be the 23mm!!!)
If you had £2k what would you go for? Unfortunately I don't have time to test and play with a few, i! moving to nz in early October and everything costs at least a third more over there.

As MrPerceptive said there really aren't bad Fuji lenses, but I have to disagree regarding the 18mm it's a great little lens, not the last word in sharpness in the corners, but for the money and size its a great all rounder. Also the 16-55mm, I have it, but I really am thinking of selling it, it's a fantastic lens, sharp as primes, but it's BIG and for me the biggest flaw it has no OIS. I'm still thinking of selling it and buying a 23mm. I like to travel light, so a tripod is never an option.
I have a serious GAS problem and decided before I buy any new gear I'll sell something, so I sold my 18-55mm, big mistake, bought the 16-55mm, sold my 35mm F1.4, bought the 35mm F2, jury is out on that one, I love the F1.4 but the erratic focus and the noise it made was getting on my nerves, the 35 f2 is a lovely lens, but I don't think it has the wow factor the F1.4 has. I also have the 60mm F2.4, fantastic lens, dirt cheap and macro, tack sharp, focus is a bit sluggish, but nowhere near as bad as people say. It's just not a FL I use a lot, that's why I've never went for the 56mm, the macro is amazing.
I recently bought another 18-55mm after going through my LR library, its my most used lens, and some of my favourite shots were taken with it.
Jeez this is turning into a saga, note to self, don't post on TP after a long Saturday lunch in the pub with a few pints !

Last edited:
As MrPerceptive said there aren't really aren't bad Fuji lenses, but I have to disagree regarding the 18mm it's a great little lens, not the last word in sharpness in the corners, but for the money and size its a great all rounder. Also the 16-55mm, I have it, but I really am thinking of selling it, it's a fantastic lens, sharp as primes, but it's BIG and for me the biggest flaw it has no OIS. I'm still thinking of selling it and buying a 23mm. I like to travel light, so a tripod is never an option.
I have a serious GAS problem and decided before I buy any new gear I'll sell something, so I sold my 18-55mm, big mistake, bought the 16-55mm, sold my 35mm F1.4, bought the 35mm F2, jury is out on that one, I love the F1.4 but the erratic focus and the noise it made was getting on my nerves, the 35 f2 is a lovely lens, but I don't think it has the wow factor the F1.4 has. I also have the 60mm F2.4, fantastic lens, dirt cheap and macro, tack sharp, focus is a bit sluggish, but nowhere near as bad as people say. It's just not a FL I use a lot, that's why I've never went for the 56mm, the macro is amazing.
I recently bought another 18-55mm after going through my LR library, its my most used lens, and some of my favourite shots were taken with it.
Jeez this is turning into a saga, note to self, don't post on TP after a long Saturday lunch in the pub with a few pints !

Great post, note to jimgallaher, have a few more and post away...

2k ? 18-55mm, 23mm (my favourite FL) 50-140mm and 35mm, bit If it was me going to NZ I'd buy the 100-400mm for the wildlife, and you'll be in the right place for the best rugby in the world, as a huge rugby fan I can imagine what great shots you'd get at Eden park with the 100-400mm :eek:

2k ? 18-55mm, 23mm (my favourite FL) 50-140mm and 35mm, bit If it was me going to NZ I'd buy the 100-400mm for the wildlife, and you'll be in the right place for the best rugby in the world, as a huge rugby fan I can imagine what great shots you'd get at Eden park with the 100-400mm :eek:

I'm from NZ, just been in London for the last 7 years - time to go home. Not a bad idea re the 100-400, but no chance they will let you take that beast into Eden Park :)

Have you used the 50-140? It's on my radar but this forum is fairly anti any Fuji glass that has some weight behind it. It makes me second guess myself. I really do wish things weren't so expensive at home. Prime example - San Disk 32gb extreme sd card. £20 on Amazon. NZ $120. Simply outrageous!!!!

I'm from NZ, just been in London for the last 7 years - time to go home. Not a bad idea re the 100-400, but no chance they will let you take that beast into Eden Park :)

Have you used the 50-140? It's on my radar but this forum is fairly anti any Fuji glass that has some weight behind it. It makes me second guess myself. I really do wish things weren't so expensive at home. Prime example - San Disk 32gb extreme sd card. £20 on Amazon. NZ $120. Simply outrageous!!!!
Seriously ? They won't let bring a long lens to the match ? I noticed when I watched Ireland at the Aviva early this year that "professional cameras" weren't allowed ? LOL what does that even mean, there were loads of people with cheap DSLR's with huge zoom lenses, maybe things are more strict in NZ ?
Can't you use Amazon,co.uk or Amazon.de when you're at home ? Or are the import duties prohibitive ?

I haven't used the 50-140mm but I'm hoping to acquire one in the near future, with the 2x TC it'll still be a constant aperture F4 lens, so it does tick the boxes for sports photography. When I was using Canon the 70-300mm F4L on my 7D was a great combo for rugby

Seriously ? They won't let bring a long lens to the match ? I noticed when I watched Ireland at the Aviva early this year that "professional cameras" weren't allowed ? LOL what does that even mean, there were loads of people with cheap DSLR's with huge zoom lenses, maybe things are more strict in NZ ?
Can't you use Amazon,co.uk or Amazon.de when you're at home ? Or are the import duties prohibitive ?

I need to do a little more research once I stop crying, however I understand import duties are nasty...

Re professional cameras - I though it just meant big long lenses.

I need to do a little more research once I stop crying, however I understand import duties are nasty...

Re professional cameras - I though it just meant big long lenses.
LOL The 100-400mm would certainly qualify as a professional lens using that criteria ! I hope to visit Eden park before I pop my clogs and see the statue of my Great Great Uncle Dave Gallaher, and maybe get a few shots of the rugby, maybe I'll have the 100-400mm at that point :rolleyes:

Hi,

Shot taken at Wynyard Hall of part of the New (Walled) Rose Garden. Just been the once but a great place to Relax and Wander through at your own pace.

X100 with it's Standard lens.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
It was actually the 70-300mm F/4-5.6 L

Last edited:
Took the X100S on holiday with us to Gran Canaria, simply perfect for that purpose, left the weighty fx kit at home and didn't miss it :)

X1003810 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

X1003782 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

X1003625 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

X1003593 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

X1003585 by Daryl Ellison, on Flickr

Just what I wanted to see in this thread, some stunning images! Just bought an x100T to act as a compact when my XT1 is too big (Holidays etc). Looking forward to using it!

hi guys.

got my x100t delivered today.
I've put the shutter speed dial to T, but its then only letting me change the shutter speed via the rear dial from 30 seconds to 2 seconds.

any ideas?

I took this some time ago with my X100 - it has been revamped into B&W using Silver Efex Pro2

Broadway%20Tower_zpslzbu23ik.jpg
[/URL]

I still cannot make up my mind about getting another X100 series though :)

Went looking for an Fuji E2 and 16-55mm but instead just bought a month old X100T. Looking forward to getting it on Tuesday. I currently have the OM-D EM5 Mkii with 17mm and 45mm.

I was holding out for a 23mm F2 lens for my XPro1 (currently sporting a 18mm) but given that it looks like they will be well over £400, I'm wondering if a X100 variant might be a better idea to cover that focal length. I have a XE2 with 16-50 and 50-230 XC lenses for other duties.

Is the X100 with new(ish) updates still a decent option? Does it negate the X100S a bit?

Or is it worth going the whole hog and getting a X100T as I'd probably sell the XPro1 and 18mm.

I was holding out for a 23mm F2 lens for my XPro1 (currently sporting a 18mm) but given that it looks like they will be well over £400, I'm wondering if a X100 variant might be a better idea to cover that focal length. I have a XE2 with 16-50 and 50-230 XC lenses for other duties.

Is the X100 with new(ish) updates still a decent option? Does it negate the X100S a bit?

Or is it worth going the whole hog and getting a X100T as I'd probably sell the XPro1 and 18mm.

I did find the fixed 23mm lens a bit limiting - however, the X100 series is a beauty and I still hanker after another sometimes.

My travel kit is an X100S + WCL + TCL plus a few filters, works for me and is discrete especially in the streets of S E Asia where I can be found mooching about.

Back