Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Thanks David, that sounds more like it :D

Does anyone use the round camera rings rather than the triangular ones and if so can you point me in the right direction.

Quickly took canera out whilst on dog walk. I've not changed anything in camera yer everything is factory set. Here's the digital teleconvertor that people have been asking about. 2017_0224_10474200.jpeg2017_0224_10474900.jpeg2017_0224_10475400.jpeg

Re. the first set of three (river scene) there does seem to be a change of exposure between them

Does anyone use the round camera rings rather than the triangular ones and if so can you point me in the right direction.

I tried to fit an Artist and Artisan strap last night, this has rings and the strap is suitable for Leica etc... it didn't fit as the metal was too thick.

Is there noticeable difference between using this and cropping the RAW file in post?
Don't know as yer as I've only sent them from Camera to phone and lightroom hasn't released the update for raw files yet so I'm just shooting in jpeg at the minute.

I tried to fit an Artist and Artisan strap last night, this has rings and the strap is suitable for Leica etc... it didn't fit as the metal was too thick.
That's my problem I've seen loads of round lug rings but some maybe to thick.

Cordweaver supplies split rings with his straps. If you ask nicely he might sell you a couple, or at least tell you what size he uses.

https://www.cordweaver.co.uk/faq

I've used them with a Fuji X30 and X-E2S in the past and they fitted OK. In fact I might have one here somewhere but whilst I could measure the diameter easily enough I don't think I could accurately measure the thickness.

AL

Last edited:
This thread title need amending to include the F

Anyway..

Took a few to show the Teleconverter in action, Also with the digital teleconverter when the Physical Tele is fitted.
The digital tele changes when the TCL is fitted to give 70mm and 100mm focal length

1, Just the tele fitted
X100f with TeleConverter by Trevor, on Flickr

2, Tele and digital 70mm converter
X100f with TeleConverter and digital 70mm by Trevor, on Flickr

3, Tele and digital 100mm converter
X100f with TeleConverter and digital 70mm by Trevor, on Flickr
X100f with TeleConverter and digital 100mm by Trevor, on Flickr

Last edited:
The output looks lovely and detailed, what's it like on a pc with the full size version?

And now high ISO 2500

KalmKithchenCafe by Trevor, on Flickr

On my X-T2, decent images at 12,800 are possible, expecially using ACROS, but the scene needs a decent dynamic range to get good results. Since the F has the same sensor and processing engine, I think you'll find you can push the ISO a lot further than 2500

The output looks lovely and detailed, what's it like on a pc with the full size version?

On my Mac with only 20inch screen it's pretty impressive. Of course there must be some impact due to interpolation. But I'd happily print A3 (not that I've got a large printer)

Back