Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

What bags are people using for the x100 range. Probably one that would hold the camera and not much more.
mine lives in my billingham hadley as my day/work bag and goes everywhere with me.

Marcus, If you increase the dynamic range setting in the camera a bit it should help take care of the high contrast in shots like this by increasing shadow detail and cutting back a bit on the highlights. All it really does is compress the tones a bit but it can work quite well with difficult contrasty lighting.

Hope this helps.,

George.

Thanks George - I'll bear that in mind.. I think mines currently set to 100%... (y)

Anyone got an X100T? I'm curious to know what sort of battery life you get out of it? I realise that the supplied battery will need a few charge cycles to reach capacity but I'm generally finding it terrible?

Not had to charge mine yet - heard its around x350 shots but depends on a lot of settings you can toggle off and on - lcd useage etc...

Hmm. I went on a street photography workshop last week, a fully charged battery was gone in 3hrs and less that 200 shots! I've got two other batteries and I'll give it a fair run but I'm hoping to clear 300+ before I consider that acceptable performance. I'm aware of the power saving steps you can take but if expect you to be able to use most features and still get good performance out of it.

I had my X100s for about a year now, i bought it specifically for holidays. but have used it for street and the dogs. still struggling to get to grips with it. this was taken with flash balanced against daylight.View attachment 31704

Hmm. I went on a street photography workshop last week, a fully charged battery was gone in 3hrs and less that 200 shots! I've got two other batteries and I'll give it a fair run but I'm hoping to clear 300+ before I consider that acceptable performance. I'm aware of the power saving steps you can take but if expect you to be able to use most features and still get good performance out of it.

It may take a few full discharges before you get the optimum amount from it - worst case the 3rd party batteries are under a tenner and get good reviews so no harm in packing one or two of those in your bag as well (y)

I have been looking at the X100T,considering getting rid of all my canon equipment & lenses for one of these,not sure what to do.:(

I got my X100S a few days ago and like other X series cameras i like it but i wouldn't like the idea of replacing my Canon DSLR with any CSC or X100 range ...just IMO :D Its a great pick up and go camera and carry at all times but not a replacement for a DSLR for me at least.

That really is an excellent sharp shot.:)

That's a good street shot Marcus, with some nice composition and a good B&W conversion. As you say it's very sharp, the 23mm lens on the X100 series cameras are very good.(y)

George.

Damn all of you!!!!!! :oops: :$

I've just ordered a Refurb Silver X100S from Fuji - £458 delivered (used code paypal12).. Too good to miss at that price.

At the time or ordering they had 7 (so 6 now) Silver and no Black in stock....

I hate all of you...... ;)

I've just ordered a Refurb Silver X100S from Fuji - £458 delivered (used code paypal12).. Too good to miss at that price.

"Enjoy" Rob, their a fabulous bit of kit. You'll not be disappointed.(y)

George.

Cheers George. I've played with both the X100 & X-Pro 1 previously, so I have a good idea what I'm letting myself in for.

I've been looking to get something new for a few weeks. I've been jumping around between DSLRs and CSCs... I got out of the DSLR world a while ago, and was hurtling towards the X100S or T - I can't really justify nearly a grand for the T, and the refurb price of the S was just too good to miss. Seeing comments further back in this thread where they were £549 in January, and now at £499, then found the paypal code just made my mind up (that and the couple of drinks I;ve had waiting for the France/Wales match to kick off..... :beer::rolleyes:

I've been hankering after this camera for a while, mainly for its OCF capabilities, and at this price I just couldn't resist, thanks for sharing the code :)

This brings me to a question. I've read that this will sync at most speeds with slaved units (dependant on t1 times), but is there any way of syncing (cheaply, so no pocket wizards) if you don't have line of sight to the off camera flash?

I've just run out of battery my first charged battery on mine and i got 300 shutter count on it, It may have had more as the shutter info on the camera prior to 100's doesn't look like it changes :cool:

Thought id throw in one of my random photos from this mornings dog walk :) straight out of camera apart from bit of crop as i rotated it more of a level angle.

Butts Mill by ThrottleUK, on Flickr

Mine came this afternoon - Great service from UKMail, had a text message at 8.30 saying it will be with me between 14:00 & 15:00 and it arrived at 14:15.

I have to say, apart from it's not in the usual sexy Fuji X-series packaging, I wouldn't know it wasn't brand new. I can't see any marks on it at all.

I've ordered a shiny new Footprint wrist strap from Clive on eBay, so that should be here by Friday. Need to look for a screen-protector - just wondered it anyone else is using one and, if so, which one?

Just need to get out and use it now. :)

I can never make my mind up on what i prefer a wrist strap or neck :eek:
at the moment though ive just got the standard supplied neck strap on my X100S for the moment.
2 photos from this mornings dog walk which ive not edited apart from a touch of vignette on the chimney photo :)

Mather lane bridge and mill by ThrottleUK, on Flickr
9/52 by ThrottleUK, on Flickr

I can never make my mind up on what i prefer a wrist strap or neck :eek:
at the moment though ive just got the standard supplied neck strap on my X100S for the moment.
2 photos from this mornings dog walk which ive not edited apart from a touch of vignette on the chimney photo :)

I use both with mine - got x2 small rings I borrowed from my old Oly OM10 which attach through the holes of the X100T, so I generally use the wrist strap but when I'm doing street photography its nice and quick to attach the neck strap I've got as well (y)

Last edited:
Nice one Richard - I'm looking for a LM X100 for my x100t but not had any joy sourcing one yet.. The other thumb grips available don't go around the EV dial which is what I'm looking at getting it for..

is that the TCL lens converter?

No it's the WCL

Nice one Richard - I'm looking for a LM X100 for my x100t but not had any joy sourcing one yet.. The other thumb grips available don't go around the EV dial which is what I'm looking at getting it for..

Informed that they don't make the one in the Photos anymore, just the Shorter one.

Yes I couldn't seem to find them new anywhere so more than likely going to have to wait it out for a 2nd hand one to become available... already put a wanted ad up here :D

I took the plunge and bought an x100s from the refurb store, with duscount code it was under £450. I've been using my xpro 1 for over a year now , I love the Fuji X series, problem is, since buying the XP1 my Canon 5D3 hadn't seen daylight in a year, I'd sell it but I'd lose an absolute fortune on it. I'm loving the x100s, it's (once again) reignited my passion in photography, I have it with me every time I go out. The main factor in buying it was after seeing some of the quality pictures it produces on the fixelpix site. It also made me realise what fantastic photo opportunities are on my doorstep, I assume David is from my neck of the woods.
I bought the wcl x100 this week from Amazon.es for £201 delivered so I'm hoping to give it a good tryout this weekend, weather permitting.

pool-niphotographers
Took this one this morning. I'm loving this camera :)
pool-niphotographers

Back