Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Looks huge ! but im guessing its going to be due to lens the photo was took with :wideyed:
I'm very tempted to get one myself with the £ being so good on Euro there only little over £150 new from Amazon German and i do like 50mm focal length along with 35mm :)

Samples look good, how does it affect the ergonomics of the camera? Is it quick to screw on and off for different shots?

Adam

I actually prefer the handling with the TC on. I like being able to hold / support the lens. Very quick to screw on and off.

The menu setting for the TC also reduces any distortion, so worth having on. I leave it on even when not using the TC.

I love this little camera, have used it loads on holiday in the Maldives. Things I really love are the custom white balance function (so quick and easy!), the film simulation types, and the size! I have taken this camera places I wouldn't of taken my DSLR.

Here is a couple of shots of the mrs having fun in the sea. On board flash for fill, f2, 1/1000, ND, velvia, +1 colour and +1 sharpness, custom WB.

Maldives
by MFranksPhoto, on Flickr

Fun in the Sun
by MFranksPhoto, on Flickr

And the sea really is that colour, amazing place!

The built in flash really is incredible.

One drawback of the TC is it gets in the way of the flash. I'm considering getting a Fuji speedlight.

The built in flash really is incredible.

One drawback of the TC is it gets in the way of the flash. I'm considering getting a Fuji speedlight.

The new Nissin i40 seems fairly well reviewed. You might want to check it out.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but ...

I have an X-T1, an X-E1, and a raft of lenses. I use the X-E1 as a lightweight coat-pocket camera, usually with the 27mm pancake lens.

However, I'm wondering whether to chop the X-E1 and a few lesser-used lenses in for an X100S. Apart from the obvious ability to change lenses, what would I miss by doing this, and what would I gain? (I've particularly selected the X100S version as it seems about on a par price-wise with what I could get for my set-up)

I have the x pro 1, I also have a Canon 5D, 7D , 5D3 EOS m and M2. I love the output of the Fuji's so my Canon cameras have hardly seen daylight in a year, and since buying the x100s my xp1 hasn't been out of the house. The x100s is such a nice camera, it's small enough to take with me every time I'm out walking and I'm taking more photos as a consequence. I thought the fixed focal length would be restrictive but in fact it makes me think more about every shot. I'm off on a city break at Easter and I'm sure and certain I'll only be bringing the x100s with me, and possibly the wcl-x100. I can't praise this little camera highly enough.

Thanks. First thing I need to ascertain is if I can get on with the hybrid viewfinder. I couldn't manage the X-pro, but hopefully the X100 will suit me better.

For me the hybrid is a bit of a marmite thing. It's clever but for accurate framing I tend to switch to the evf.

Stephen, I own an X-E1 and recently got an X100s, to me it perfectly compliments my X-E1, so would be perfect along side an X-T1. Since getting it I pretty much take it everywhere, think a lot more about my shots and my X-E1 is now pretty much reserved to the 14mm and the 55-200. My 35mm and 60mm have stayed in the bag. Personally I love the hybrid viewfinder and the overall feel of the X100s, it's just such a nice camera to use, much like all of the X series it has made me enjoy photography in a whole different way :)

Adam

... I'm wondering whether to chop the X-E1 and a few lesser-used lenses in for an X100S. Apart from the obvious ability to change lenses, what would I miss by doing this, and what would I gain? (I've particularly selected the X100S version as it seems about on a par price-wise with what I could get for my set-up)

Don't forget the Fuji refurb store. They don't have any at the time of writing (but they'll email you when they get stock), but I got mine from them for a gnat's-tad over £450 delivered, and you really wouldn't know it wasnt brand new (unless you look at the box ;) ).

It's stonking value....

Don't forget the Fuji refurb store. They don't have any at the time of writing (but they'll email you when they get stock), but I got mine from them for a gnat's-tad over £450 delivered, and you really wouldn't know it wasnt brand new (unless you look at the box ;) ).

It's stonking value....
That's where I bought mine, with the paypal12 code. It's effectively a brand new camera, pristine, a serious bargain.

On a different topic, has anyone bought the Nissin i40 for Fuji flash? I ordered one from Amazon.de this evening for £127 delivered primarily for my X-pro 1 but looking forward to trying it on my x100s. I had the Fuji EF X20 but the recycle time was awful. A lovely well made piece of kit, but for me anyway quite frustratingly slow.

What would you do to complete your lightweight travel kit
Option 1:
Buy the teleconverter and wide angle convertor for your existing X100T

Option 2:
Buy the X30

GO!

I'd go with the w/tcl personally.

On a side note... Where's this Zack Arias blog you're doing??? :D

Haven't had chance to work on it but I'm not sure I'll be posting it here anyway. Don't want to be accused of name dropping, do I ;)

On a different topic, has anyone bought the Nissin i40 for Fuji flash?

I've got one Jim, and it's an excellent bit of kit. IMHO much better than the Fuji units. I've also got the Nissin SC-01 universal cord which is also an excellent bit of kit.(y)

George.

Finally bought the GARIZ case, which I have thought about for ages.
Now I can change the Card and Battery without the need to take off the Fuji Bottom half of the case (Supplied with camera).
Can also mount a Tripod/Monopod and still do the above, also add a Strap to the Gunshot connector.

Gives the Front of the camera a more Grippy feel.

These are not my Photos but give an Excellent representation of how it looks and works.

View attachment 33115

View attachment 33116

View attachment 33118

Last edited:
I'm very fond of Gariz cases. I had one on my Oly E-M1, and have one on my X-T1. I have a genuine Fuji half-case on my X-E1 which has a hinged flap over the battery/card door. I agree they give a bit of extra grip, especially for the pinkie.

I've just been a very naughty boy and bought a Nissin i40. Should arrive tomorrow.

Has anyone tried back button focus? I've been trying it for a couple of days and it's a revelation.

Finally bought the GARIZ case, which I have thought about for ages.
Now I can change the Card and Battery without the need to take off the Fuji Bottom half of the case (Supplied with camera).
Can also mount a Tripod/Monopod and still do the above, also add a Strap to the Gunshot connector.

Gives the Front of the camera a more Grippy feel.

These are not my Photos but give an Excellent representation of how it looks and works.
I've had a brown half case sitting in my basket at lovecases for a week now but I've been holding off buying until I'd read something positive. The x100s definitely needs help in the "gripiness" department so I think you've made my mind up. This photography lark is seriously predujical to ones bank account. :eek:

I've had a brown half case sitting in my basket at lovecases for a week now but I've been holding off buying until I'd read something positive. The x100s definitely needs help in the "gripiness" department so I think you've made my mind up. This photography lark is seriously predujical to ones bank account. :eek:

It Certainly does on Both counts, but I suppose it's better than spending it on Loose women....

The Case certainly gives the camera a better feel, Forgive the pun.....:p:oops: :$:p:oops: :$

Last edited:
I took the x100s to London on a weekend trip with my daughter a few weeks ago.. Just threw on the supplied Fuji strap and wore it around my neck/shoulder all weekend. Great weather...No case, no need imo: got some genuine complements from others ('nice camera' etc) and it was always good to go for shots, and I reckon this camera will start to look even better with rub marks! It's design is vintage, so serious use will give it patina. Of course, I'm always careful about my kit so I'll probably relent and buy something, but so so refreshing to just go out with the kit loud and proud.... Among a sea of tourists with SLR's, it's invisible!

I'm off to Lake Como Italy in June.

Will be taking the X100 with WAC and TCL, but may also add the G15 with a Teleconverter (198mm) for a bit more reach when needed.

As the G15 is smaller and lighter shouldn't be a Problem, just another thing to think about.

Things ain't easy are there.

o_O o_O o_O o_O

Went into John Lewis yesterday for a new saucepan. Came out with a new X100S! Although I'm fairly comfortable with my X-E1 and X-T1 it's obvious this is a different beast. Any tips on quickly getting used to it?

Back