Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

BOIL IT FIRST.:banana::D

Leave the x-e1 and x-t1 at home and take the x100s every time you go out, that's what I do ;) except I don't have those two cameras.. I was taking some photos of the grandson this evening, unfortunately I keep forgetting to take the lens hood off when I'm using the built in flash, that's my tip.

Finally bought the Gariz half case this weekend for my X100s, I also bought the Fuji XF 18-135mm for my x-pro 1 as a walkaround/holiday lens.

It hasn't arrived yet, which reminds me, I paid for RMSD so I should have had it by now, must chase it up tomorrow.

So sync speed for flash...What's the maximum?

Last night I was messing about and managed to get a perfect exposure with a shutter speed of 1/4000. Can't remember what the aperture was, but is this even possible, or am I going stir crazy!?

It has a leaf shutter Adam so you're correct and not going crazy. You should have had a word with your Fuji buddy, he's done a few videos and tutorials on it. (y)
I knew about the leaf shutter but I didn't think I'd get up to 1/4000 without a sync cord (I was using phottix triggers).

Calling him my buddy would be just showing off and I can't bring myself to do it after watching his "be honest" video :D

It's still good to see he isn't just saying one thing and doing another, but he does use medium format too.

That's my only bone of contention with him. People all over the world are selling up and moving to Fuji because of him, yet by his own admission when he needs something "locked down" he pulls out tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

In every other aspect he's exactly as you'd expect him to be.

Haha, yeah that's a good point. I do wonder how much he has benefited from the Fuji deal... Whether it be money, free gear, free trips etc.

I have watched most of his vids and he does say 'this is all i need' (which I'm pretty sure he has said about the x100/s/t, his xpro1 and his xt1...) Then watch his one light 2.0 vid and he's flashing a phase one... But i think it was to demonstrate that you can do it with any kind of camera as he uses Canon and Nikon too. But yes, i do agree.

He uses what works for him i guess and not everyone can afford a MF setup but he's not trying to 'Fuji-up' MF users up i suppose... He's being used to get people away from CaNikon.

Anyway... Phottix triggers you say...

Last edited:
Haha, yeah that's a good point. I do wonder how much he has benefited from the Fuji deal... Whether it be money, free gear, free trips etc.

I have watched most of his vids and he does say 'this is all i need' (which I'm pretty sure he has said about the x100/s/t, his xpro1 and his xt1...) Then watch his one light 2.0 vid and he's flashing a phase one... But i think it was to demonstrate that you can do it with any kind of camera as he uses Canon and Nikon too. But yes, i do agree.

He uses what works for him i guess and not everyone can afford a MF setup but he's not trying to 'Fuji-up' MF users up i suppose... He's being used to get people away from CaNikon.

Anyway... Phottix triggers you say...

Phottix Stratto ii's.... Never skipped a beat.

Excellent! What does it look like on the camera? (If you can be bothered to post a pic!) [emoji44]

I absolutely love mine.

Try it at f2.8 and minimum focus distance and check out the background blur (y)

You mention trying it at f2.8 - was that deliberate? My shots seem a little soft at f2 with the TCL, especially at minimum focus distance, but are noticeably better at f2.8. Probably user error but I am worried something is amiss

Thanks Simon, proper shots aswell! It suits it very well, a great compact combo [emoji1]

Yes - that's exactly why I said 2.8.

The softness at f2 is widely reported, so not user error.
Glad its not just me, I guess. I browsed the web this afternoon and while there were lots of "soft at f2" posts there seemed to be an equal amount of "not soft at f2" rejoinders. My x100+TCL seems to shift focus slightly too at f2, again gone at f2.8

Cheers

ian

Bought the i40 myself this week from Amazon.de. It's a great little flash gun, I've tried a few test shots, fill in, bounce and direct, every shots been exposed perfectly. The recycle time is ultra fast as well, it's a vast improvement on the fuji ef x20, I don't rate that at all, it was so slow as to be unusable.

Just picked up the wide angle convertor. Looking forward to giving it a run out!

Back