Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Anyone used the X100S/T for long exposures? I've an X100T and used it to take a couple of long exposure images. I put it on a tripod in the landscape position, there were no funny angles etc. The settings were ISO200, 240sec at f16. The image was fine but I'm finding it always displays the image in portrait orientation (90 degrees from where it should be). I've spoke to Fuji, they're trying to replicate it and will get back to me. Very odd! I've attached the image for info, I had to rotate it in LR. View attachment 33612

Yeah I've taken some long exposure shots with my x100s but maximum of 60 seconds, but they were ok,proper orientation.

I'm starting to get the hang of the TCL on my x100 now. Here is one of my standard shots of my son:

16954238871_4f5a6261c3_b.jpg

and a similar shot taken last May with a Sigma DP2M (they grow up fast, don't they? Better stop feeding him). He does get changed every now and then, just in case you wonder whether he has more than one hoodie.
13904212670_b660674da9_b.jpg

Looks like a Young Bob Dylan.

I Hope he won't be Offended by that Comparisono_O.

Last edited:
Looking for some advice, looking to buy a couple of spare batteries for my 100T,or should i stick to Fuji .

Looking for some advice, looking to buy a couple of spare batteries for my 100T,or should i stick to Fuji .

I think you pay for what you Get, more expensive but I would stick with FUJI.

My opinion of course.

I'm seeing more and more monochrome shots on these forums recently, I was wondering is it better to shot in monochrome or in colour and convert to b&w ? What are the pros and cons ?

Been having a look around online in conjunction with seeing some of the images here and have decided im going to give the raw+jpeg setting a go with custom film settings..

My thinking here is that I normally spend a good few hours processing RAW files in Lightroom after getting back with a series of images - so if I can save that time with the excellent quality of JPEGs you can seem to get from this camera then thats got to be a winner for me :D

Does anyone else on here use the film simulations and custom settings - if so can you post any recommendations along with some sample images from those settings? (y)

I'm seeing more and more monochrome shots on these forums recently, I was wondering is it better to shot in monochrome or in colour and convert to b&w ? What are the pros and cons ?

This is just my take on it, heavily influenced by the fact I shoot mostly B+W film when not using the Fuji or indulging my passion for insect macros with my DSLR.

On the one hand, shooting in colour and converting gives you far more options for adjusting tonalities. The technology is there - might as well use it.

On the other hand, shooting in B+W helps you develop an eye for tonalities and what works in B+W. That transfers to my film photography.

Having said that, I shoot colour and convert.

I'm in agreement with almost everything Simon has written - except his last sentence. I've been shooting in b&w and I find the images that come out of the camera are superb. Maybe just a crop, a slight wiggle of Curves and a hint of sharpening and we're done.
I have one preset on B&W+R and one on B&W+G.

Hum, I didn't realise there's a new x100 thread.

X100 classic owner checking in :D I was tempted by the T, but decided it's not worth £700 on top of my beloved x100.

You'll have far more control over your B&W images Jim, and produce better work if you shoot in RAW and convert them to B&W in PP.:)

George.

You'll have far more control over your B&W images Jim, and produce better work if you shoot in RAW and convert them to B&W in PP.:)

George.
I always shoot raw+jpeg, I've tried shooting with the b&w + r preset and converting using Lightroom, but I don't see much difference, but then I'm old and the eyes aren't what they used to be :confused:

I always shoot raw+jpeg, I've tried shooting with the b&w + r preset and converting using Lightroom, but I don't see much difference, but then I'm old and the eyes aren't what they used to be :confused:

One of the things that I do when converting in Lightroom Jim, is to use one of the lighting presets.

My normal workflow would be first to convert the RAW files to DNG, I'm not saying in any way they are better but I like to keep all my files the same (ie DNG) regardless of what camera I'm using and it works for me.

I then desaturate the file as apposed to clicking the B&W conversion button, this effectively means I'm still working on a full colour file with just the colour removed if that makes sense. I then try some of the lighting presets ie Tungsten, Fluorescent, etc etc. This can quite often improve an image that has been desaturated to give a much better B&W rendering without further adjustment. And then I just tweak as required and being that the file is still effectively a colour file, by bringing some saturation back into it you can still adjust individual colours etc such as darken a blue sky and then just desaturate again.

This doesn't always work well but it's certainly worth trying, no doubt others have different and possibly better ways of working but Hey! this way works for me.:D

George.

Can anyone recommend a good case for the T. I have a cheap copy of the Fuji case which I rarely use, don't like the case when shooting and would only want the case as a way of 'transporting' the camera (maybe in a work bag). Don't want to spend silly money, and the camera would have a shoulder strap on it so need some wriggle room.

I would also like to consider one that could take a T plus a camcorder plus a couple of bits like battery, wallet etc...

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a good case for the T. I have a cheap copy of the Fuji case which I rarely use, don't like the case when shooting and would only want the case as a way of 'transporting' the camera (maybe in a work bag). Don't want to spend silly money, and the camera would have a shoulder strap on it so need some wriggle room.

I would also like to consider one that could take a T plus a camcorder plus a couple of bits like battery, wallet etc...
I have a Thintank retrospective 7 for my mirrorless gear, great quality and it looks good.

Just a quick heads-up guys - there's a new firmware update for the X100T out:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/x100t/

Summary of the update:

The firmware update Ver.1.10 from ver.1.00 incorporates the following issue:
  • 1. Addition of the messages when "COVERSION LENS" setting is changed in the FUNCTION (Fn) SETTING
    When an Fn button with "CONVERSION LENS" setting is pressed, one of the messages below appears in a cyclic manner in addition to the icons.
    pic_01.gif
  • 2. Improvement of flash function when "MECHANICAL+ELECTRONIC" is selected
    An external flash will fire when the "MECHANICAL+ELECTRONIC" is selected in the "SHUTTER TYPE" option of the shooting menu.
  • 3. Improvement of the viewfinder display
    When the dual optical viewfinder/electronic range finder (ERF) display is used with the Digital Split Image, the white Focus frame appears in the center of the viewfinder.
  • 4. Improvement of Focus Peaking display in the electronic viewfinder under a dark environment for easy focus setting.

Just done my update - literally took a couple of minutes and thankfully didn't reset my custom settings etc (y)

Fantastic, very enjoyable review,fantastic shots of Venice, makes me want to go out and take pictures :)

Just been reading your review Andy, very good and accurate.(y)

George.

Really random q, as google cannot help!

I like the Fuji original lens cap but also like the JJC Silver hood. However (being vain, but the X100 is a beaut) I hate the back pinch cap - can you get a nice silver one to use with the hood?

Spent last week in Italy with my x100, WCL and TCL. I really like the TCL and the WCL has its uses but just isn't wide enough for me really so I'll have to take the XT1 and 12 or 14mm in future. I keep forgetting to change the menu when I add or change the converters on the x100. I guess you get used to it eventually. So I am not quite sure what I used for this snap of the sunset view from the bottom of my friend's garden in Macerata - probably x100+WCL or maybe just the x100:

16869037970_644e59fd3d_b.jpg

Back