Fujifilm free software

Name
gary
Edit My Images
No
I have recently returned to the Fuji family after a brief stint with Olympus.
I'm in a quandry with post processing
My version of Lightroom does not recognise XT2 raw files
So
Correct me if I'm wrong but can I use Raw in camera and providing all exposure values give me a decent image then use Fuji x raw studio to produce jpegs of any of the in built film simulation settings or indeed any of the custom settings I have defined
It seems to me that this would be preferable to messing with custom settings whilst shooting.

My recommendation would be Iridient X Transformer. It costs around £30 and converts Fuji RAF files to DNG which your version of Lightroom can read. It makes a much better job of de-mosaicing Fuji X-Trans files that older versions of Adobe software.

The free version of Capture 1 Fuji is an excellent raw converter but I do not use it very often. I have used PS since version 7 and find C1 Free very limited, whereas Iridient X Transformer integrates beautifully with PS CS6 which I now use. The OP has an old version of Lightroom and this would be the simplest way to integrate raw into his workflow without using Adobe DNG Converter, which does not bring out the best in X Trans files.

However, to actually answer your question, yes the Fuji software basically uses the camera's computing power to edit your photos (from raw I think) to any of the film simulations.
So yes, I agree it's probably a better option than actually shooting the jpg film simulations.

I have and use iridient x to pass raw files to LR4 in tiff format
I just thought that shooting raw and using raw studio I could easily and quickly find a jpeg style I like for the various situations I photograph.it would then save me time when out and about not having to fiddle with custom settings to get the jpeg look i was after

I have and use iridient x to pass raw files to LR4 in tiff format
I just thought that shooting raw and using raw studio I could easily and quickly find a jpeg style I like for the various situations I photograph.it would then save me time when out and about not having to fiddle with custom settings to get the jpeg look i was after

I’m a great advocate of X Raw Studio. It’s free and works very well. I used it and once happy with the final image I input the settings to the camera, saved as custom picture profile. Shoot that profile and Raw at the same time
Check out Fuji X Weekly for loads more film sim recipes.

I have a Fuji x100f don't use it often so just use the capture one express.

I must admit it seems really good. Always amazed at the amount of detail that is pulled out from the raw files.

Gaz

Back