Full-on blizzard, Nottinghamshire

Edit My Images
Yes
50824272471_b3b5a400e4_b.jpg

50823528738_36662b5538_b.jpg

50824365902_4038349628_b.jpg

A nice set of images - I especially like the composition of the third one

Not my style but these are bloody good - masterful even. The sort of stuff that makes you £10k richer in UKLPOTY good.

Re three...might have composed with less land, wider lletter box crop in the 2:1 style losing a lot of the hinter ground.

That's very kind, these were spur of the moment shots. I was on my way to check out a local woodland, so only had the 24-105 with me. The snow came out of nowhere on what had been a fairly sunny day. The third shot could have done with a longer lens - as you crop into these they look increasingly like a xerox; partly noise and partly the sheer amount of snowflakes. I used a pretty high ISO to try and get a decent depth of field on the snowflakes but also reduce motion blur.

Last edited:
That's very kind, these were spur of the moment shots. I was on my way to check out a local woodland, so only had the 24-105 with me. The snow came out of nowhere on what had been a fairly sunny day. The third shot could have done with a longer lens - as you crop into these they look increasingly like a xerox; partly noise and partly the sheer amount of snowflakes. I used a pretty high ISO to try and get a decent depth of field on the snowflakes but also reduce motion blur.

Your exposure strategy worked. I don't mind a bit of grain in a shot processed like this anyway. Low colour/mono scenes often suit a little.

My god, when I opened the page and saw the first image I actually thought there was a serious dust on the sensor problem and it wasn't until I looked at the second image I realised my mistake. Maybe I am getting older than I thought.

Nice set of images, would be nice to see on a cold and frosty day without the snow.

The third shot is the most striking, for me. The snow makes the ploughed ridges look like rock strata.

My god, when I opened the page and saw the first image I actually thought there was a serious dust on the sensor problem and it wasn't until I looked at the second image I realised my mistake. Maybe I am getting older than I thought.

Nice set of images, would be nice to see on a cold and frosty day without the snow.

Thanks - well they were taken on a D600 so there probably are some sensor spots in there as well!

Back