1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. It is with deepest regret that we announce the passing of one of our long-standing members, Gary Coyle.
    Many visitors will recognise both his work as a sports photographer, and his name as a prominent community member. He registered with Talk Photography back in 2006, not long after the start of the site and has been a regular contributor since.

It goes without saying that Gary will be sorely missed by many members, and his passing is a huge loss to the photography community.

Our thoughts are with his family at this time.

Funeral details :
    Dewsbury Crematorium
    Tuesday 13th September 2016 at 2pm.
    Afterwards at Batley IDLC (Batley Nash).
    All welcome.

There is also a discussion thread here if anyone wishes to add their own thoughts.

The Mod Team

Dismiss Notice
  1. joel222

joel222

Name:
    Lee
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. AndyBakerUK

AndyBakerUK

Name:
    Andy
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Compostion and subject exposure are okay although not sure what you shot against or whether the background was lit separately as the background is over exposed to the extent it's wrapping back on the subject, most notably the right side of his face and his boots.

Also would help if there was ground shadow to prevent the floating on white background look.

3. cambsno

cambsno

Name:
    Simon
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    As Andy said, background a bit too bright.

4. joel222

joel222

Name:
    Lee
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks for the replies. The background is a muslin sheet hung on the curtain pole over a set of french doors in my living room as I havn't yet bought a stand. Out of the twenty pics I took none of them were as sharp as I'd of liked, could this have anything to do with glare coming from the background, or something totally different?

5. domino1999

domino1999

Name:
    Darren
    Edit My Images:
    No
    With light spilling over from the background, you'll lose a bit of contrast. Less light on the background, or move him further away from it (if you have the room) would help.

Darren