galleries

Name
Julie
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok can anyone help me out here. I was looking through my gallery and I want to take some piccies and just tuck them away if you will. Like sub folders I guess? There are some pics in my gallery that shouldn't be on display really, but I dont' want them gone totally. How do I go about doing that? I think I mentioned this way back but I never did it,lol. Thanks in advance! :D

jewel

you can creat a folder for them, then once the new folder is created use the editing functions on each image to ' move ' it to the new folder,
all you will see in the gallery is the folder its self, and not the contents untill it is opened

hope this is what you meant

you will break any existing links to those pix by moving them tho, but i suppose thats not a problem....

MyPix

MyPix said:
you can creat a folder for them, then once the new folder is created use the editing functions on each image to ' move ' it to the new folder,
all you will see in the gallery is the folder its self, and not the contents untill it is opened

hope this is what you meant

you will break any existing links to those pix by moving them tho, but i suppose thats not a problem....

MyPix

Yeah Vince that's what I meant. I'll give it a try,thanks. Oh I break the links, so the pics are gone in the thread anyway. hmmm not a problemo I think. Ok thanks,

Jules

jewel

you can always go to your threads and edit the new link in if you have time and want too ;)

Steve said:
you can always go to your threads and edit the new link in if you have time and want too ;)

erm I'll think about that one steve, thanks, :D Ok I went to the gallery and I can see the option to move the photo, but how do I 'create' a folder to move it too?

Jewel

When you've logged into your gallery, goto admin options, new nested album.
This should create a new album for you.

Matt said:

please forgive the bum info i gave you at the top of this thread, lol

MyPix:getmecoat

:)

MyPix said:
Matt said:
This should create a new album for you.[/quote

please forgive the bum info i gave you at the top of this thread, lol

MyPix:getmecoat

:)

Shame on you! :D

Matt said:
Any way you can transfer existing shots into a nested album?

and if you don't want anyone but you to see the album, you can select the 'hide album' option. I have an album that is hidden, I keep all my pictures of naked spice girls and boy bands there!

Oh, and my avatar, and boring stuff that is only used occasionaly!

gandhi said:
and if you don't want anyone but you to see the album, you can select the 'hide album' option. I have an album that is hidden, I keep all my pictures of naked spice girls and boy bands there!

Oh, and my avatar, and boring stuff that is only used occasionaly!

spice girls and boy bands,lol :shock: Let me at em,lol. What's the point of having an album though if you want to hide it? seriously

Jules

Spice girls and naked boy bands?

Shameful on both counts :D

jewel said:
spice girls and boy bands,lol :shock: Let me at em,lol. What's the point of having an album though if you want to hide it? seriously

Jules

I have a hidden album there which I use to upload other peoples picture too after I have edited them, it means they are not seen to be mine yet I can easily link to them to post them back into the owners threads to show what has been done ;)

Back