NSFW Game shooting pictures ( WARNING some graphic images )

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Admin, i wasnt sure where to post these so please move if in wrong place. thank you

Having been invited to a local shoot in my village, i decided to take the camera rather than a Shotgun. Weather was very dark and misty in the moring that i think added to the occasion..

b3 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

b1 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

b2 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

a1 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

a2 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

a3 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

a8 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

Loving these Harry, brilliant and evocative set especially the b&w versions. Also this set has, by far and away, the best selection of tweed seen on the forum for many a year. (y)

Loving these Harry, brilliant and evocative set especially the b&w versions. Also this set has, by far and away, the best selection of tweed seen on the forum for many a year. (y)

:agree:

Nothing to add, just excellent!

Cracking set, you captured the essence of the shoot very well IMO,
especially the working dogs it good to see them doing what they were bred for (y)

Great shootings, cool renditions!

Excellent work, love 9 for loading the shotgun.

Super shots but for me, the only thing you should use to shoot wildlife is a camera - if these tweedies want to practice shooting then they should be shooting clays

stan

Thank all

Stanm everything that was shot will end up on the dinner table, most of the Pheasents we saw where missed and they have nothing but respect for the game they do shoot. they are local farmers shooting on there own land. To me this is far better than how factory Chickens etc are treated before they end up in Tesco and on your dinner table...

Really nice crisp images. Shame about the dog in #4, it would have been good to see it at the side of the gun looking forward rather than just a tail and a hind leg! Love the autumnal colours in #8 and the anticipation in the dog. I have another shoot next week so looking forward to a full day outdoors and hopefully some good working dog shots.

yeah i too wish the dog had come to the front but sadly he didnt and the moment was lost, they turned and i shot the next image bellow. This is the first time ive actually covered a game shoot as i normally work as a Motocross Tog so this is a learning curve for me. Back out with them in a few weeks time so looking forward to it..

c1 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

and one from friday when out on my own with my Dog

bird by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

Last edited:
All very professional looking pictures, well done. I can't help but notice the "half dog" in 4 however which is a shame.

Outstanding set of photos, great subject, probably not to everyone's taste but they the O.K. from me.

Thank you all for the kind words.

I agree not to everyones taste but if you can see past that its a great photographic oppotunity plus the people love the images and have now ordered most of the shots from the day as prints. Its also looking like covering this day has opened some other doors to me in regards to covering some more of these events including some bigger ones :)

PS i end up removing the half dog from picture 4 before i printed it

cheers

Last edited:
#8 is the stand out for me from a great set. Working dog alert and waiting for instructions. Superb

I like the whole set and it is hard to choose one above any other, However as a life long springer owner the first and the last do stand out for me, in particular the first photo. The first is the epitome of a springer at work and enjoying every second and a superb piece of B&W work.

A smashing set, to see the obedience of the dogs is a pleasure. This is the type of shoot I would love to do my self

What a great set of shots Suggs. I love the crisp details and clarity of them all. For me the B&W ones have a real timeless quality that works perfectly with the subject matter. Can I ask what gear you used? Iv been invited to a Saturday shoot and wasnt sure what to take. I dont want to be swapping lenses too often so I was going to take my 18-140 to cover most and my 10-20 for some more scenic stuff. I havent got anything with more zoom but was hoping that would be enough...any thoughts?

Better than the images in a lot of the mags'

Great set, missed the last 2 shots because of work getting in the way. Hopefully I get there for beaters day

Fab photos, really ace. Well done.

Ignoring the 'respect for what they kill' comment though. That's a trite, worthless statement if there ever was one. Respect isn't a justification.

No. 6 is by far my fav. Love the vision of respect between the two.
Well done on the whole set.

Awesome set, really captured the day. Love shots if the dogs working, also love cartridge pic. Thanks for sharing.

Back