Gandalf’s 52 for 2019 - Wk 3 OPEN ADDED

New - Another beautiful dog for the thread. Lovely eye contact and nicely composed. Nice and level crate too.
Clean - Nice shot of the cassette. The bright frame gives it some nice contrast. 11 speed, so I'm thinking mountain bike? Especially with discs on it. Bolt through axle? And with stays like that I'm thinking full suss? Am I on the right lines...? Or am I way off? Haha

Clean. I like, mostly because I'm hugely into my bikes mine never looks that clean maybe if we have a dirty theme.
Mines also lime green, Santa Cruz Nomad, again with 11x

Look forward to more bike photos.

Thanks Guys for the comments, the bike is indeed a mountain bike, Cube Reaction Pro, 11x, Front and Rear Disc’s, 120mm RockShox Front Suspension. Lime Green Bike with Lime Green Pedals.

Must admit Andy I couldn’t for the life of me work what it was at first. Then when it clicked in my small brain got it and tend to agree with others nice interpretation of the theme, green colour is great

That is very clean looks brand new I like the green frame

Clean
Now that is clean, I like that you've included the green frame.

Nice close up you have captured. I never think to go in close enough. I will try harder.

Hi Andy,

New - A great start with a really nice portrait of Loki. He is really giving you maximum attention which really makes the photo for me.
Clean - Wow, that is clean and loads of gears to boot! I like the way the bike frame and the chain frame the gears nicely and that the super clean sprockets are reflecting the frame colour.

Wk 3 Open1 5.JPG Wk 3 Open

New - fabulous shot with great eye contact from the beast. Similar to my take with our new puppy (any excuse to photograph him) :)
Clean - really like the detail and how the green frame frames the subject
Open - a little confusing to my eyes, maybe could benefit from a little more light and control of the shadows?

Open is a cool image Andy, nice lighting and good focus on the bottle and top. Might of done a tighter crop to lose the shadow on the RHS but still a good shot.
Thanks for your comment Dave, I was thinking it could have done with a tighter crop, will continue with the approvement.

Open - a little confusing to my eyes, maybe could benefit from a little more light and control of the shadows?
@gremlin16... It was my first time using a light box, I agree plenty of room for improvement.

Andy, it's a good idea. I think the green cloth is perhaps too dark for the brown bottle to sit on, a lighter background would give more contrast; also better to have either a single colour background or set the bottle in an "environment" such as maybe on a carpet next to the obvious feet of a chair - to tell a bit of a story?

Hi Andy

I like the tight crop on your clean image. The green frame sets it off and good dof with the rear sprockets oof. From your replies you know the open image could do with some work but as long as you learnt something in the process that's all that matters :D

It’s all been said above I’ll just add the composition isn’t really working for me

Love the concept Andy, very interesting.
Nicely put together, though as you have said, the lighting needs tweaking a touch...those shadows on the right are a bit dark, as Tim said perhaps a reflector for some fill.
It's a decent image and fits the theme well.
(y)

I quite like it Myself but could just do with the exposure been up a little and a bit of a lift to the shadows.

Shame about the lighting but like most of us on the 52 it’s all about learning and comments from the others. I struggled with the theme to be honest

Back