Ganton Gunners 52'ers challenge 2019 week 12 young added

Very nice indeed Peter, good that you got the shadow to stop any floaty look and it goes well in mono.
thanks looking back at it though i think i needed to use off camera flash maybe a soft box to sort the back of the picture out Im thinking the background looks a bit dirty.

thanks looking back at it though i think i needed to use off camera flash maybe a soft box to sort the back of the picture out Im thinking the background looks a bit dirty.

Maybe the top does look a bit dirty like you say. Try a lower angle next time so it cuts out the dirty BG.

There is a definite fall off in the light, I think you're on the right track thinking about OCF. I'm no expert, but I *think* putting the flash more central to the suject would result in a more even light.
Good first shot for the 52 though. Always good to try things out.

Image stands out well. If you master the “mucky whites” please let me know, as I have this problem with white backgrounds.

New
It definitely works in black and white. I would like to see a little bit of shadow in the foreground.

Well done on your first entry - very clever that the trainers are black and white anyway, as that makes your mind up easily enough on how to treat your first image.

The one slight thing for me is the top left corner where there's something weird going on with the light

Good first entry

There is a definite fall off in the light, I think you're on the right track thinking about OCF. I'm no expert, but I *think* putting the flash more central to the suject would result in a more even light.
Good first shot for the 52 though. Always good to try things out.
thanks in hindsighti think I should have just got the studio lights out and used a softbox = me lazy :)
Image stands out well. If you master the “mucky whites” please let me know, as I have this problem with white backgrounds.
I will do although I have to accept some responsibility for being too lazy to get the studio light, white roll and softbox etc out.
New
It definitely works in black and white. I would like to see a little bit of shadow in the foreground.
I have to agree yet again me being too lazy to sort the lighting properly .
They certainly look very new, enough shadow to ground them good start to the 52
thanks :) will prob still look quite new in a year I am quite picky about looking after them.
Good start to your challenge, Peter. Nice B&W shot with good details in both the white and the black parts.
thank you I appreciate that :)
Well done on your first entry - very clever that the trainers are black and white anyway, as that makes your mind up easily enough on how to treat your first image.

The one slight thing for me is the top left corner where there's something weird going on with the light

Good first entry
Thanks and yes for certain on the top left corner yet again down to me being too lazy to set up properly :(
Great shot!(y)
Nice punchy, contrast, very good B&W processing too!
I don't mind the background, the black tones are rich and deep enough to retain plenty of detail.
I agree, the super sharp black and white of the shoes makes them really stand out.
thank you it was handy them being black and white really helped :)
Great for the theme and the technique. A good start to your 52.
thank you hopefully I will get better throughout the year :)
Hi Peter, I like the position you have put the shoes in, its a great strong image.
Thanks I actually tried about 15 different positions believe it or not :O
Perfect start, Peter, with the ideal subject and black and white as well! The shoes look crisp and new and they are arranged nicely with a hint of a shadow. You're up and running (y)
Thank you much appreciated I think i will enjoy doing this and hopefully get better and be like a pro for next year lol.

Great start. They look like they have freshly come out of the box just to be photographed! I like the mono - the perfect choice for the colour of the shoes. Great contrast and lots of fine detail too :)

Great start. They look like they have freshly come out of the box just to be photographed! I like the mono - the perfect choice for the colour of the shoes. Great contrast and lots of fine detail too :)
Thanks and they came out of the box about 5 min before lol
I knew I was going for them that day whilst shopping at york so planned ahead :)

On point, love the use of the figures.

Keep it up.

I love it, Peter :D I briefly considered having some little model people cleaning my camera, but it would have meant searching in the cold garage so decided against! This is perfectly arranged and adds some welcome humour to the theme. It doesn't look 100% in focus but as it's an old image you'll be well aware of that.

It's certainly original! Fits the theme perfectly. You'll need a clean lens for week 3, too. :D
Cool fun take for clean Peter, good job done and like it.
thanks I appreciate the comment.
A fun and fitting image for the theme Peter.
Well lit, nicely balanced and entertaining!(y)
thank you :) i did make me giggle a little too.
On point, love the use of the figures.

Keep it up.
Thanks I actually have quite a few figures thanks to the god kids hehe.
Amusing take, remind me of my similar shot for the same theme back 2017. here
Just looked :) very nice. I dont have any storm troopers :(
Good use of lego figures. Like the set up and shot
thank you for the comment :)
I love it, Peter :D I briefly considered having some little model people cleaning my camera, but it would have meant searching in the cold garage so decided against! This is perfectly arranged and adds some welcome humour to the theme. It doesn't look 100% in focus but as it's an old image you'll be well aware of that.
thanks and yes I almost did not post it due to the focus but I had no alternative :( I have much better cameras and lenses nowadays and that would never make the cut.

Nicely on theme and fun using the lego and cotton buds. :)
it may be me, it may be the compression of the image? But to me it doesn't feel like there is 100% sharp focus at anypoint in the image, it feels soft.
Could just be me though, no one else has commented on it.

Nicely on theme and fun using the lego and cotton buds. :)
it may be me, it may be the compression of the image? But to me it doesn't feel like there is 100% sharp focus at anypoint in the image, it feels soft.
Could just be me though, no one else has commented on it.

it could be due to it being a old pic when I had a d7000 a kit lens a sigma 18-250 and not a clue on what I was doing :D

Clean - Clever! :D

New - Nice black and white image. Neatly composed. White backgrounds are hard (see my clean shot. Dirty white too) which is why I try to avoid them.
Clean - The lego men are back. They seem to be a staple tool for photographers. Nice interesting shot but maybe a tad soft. Or could just be me.

Good take on the theme and a bit like Andrea I nearly did something similar but decided against it.

Make those little people work for their keep, a fun shot it made me smile and it works well for the theme I like it

Back