Garden Flowers & Plants… a communal thread!

When I saw that, I thought it is a
cool idea… a second career for
a kitchen utensil!

Fruehwirth%2010%20XDpp.jpg

Osteospermum. I have some of these every year.

and these are in my front garden. They are coming over from next door. They asked me if they wanted me to cut them back. I said no, I love them :)

Campanula

Love the lowly petunia!20160611_100802.jpgthis was taken from my phone.

Comments welcome.

Marie

image.jpeg We should be seeing plenty of these pretty soon, Papaver somniferum, the opium poppy.

Poppy seeds will lie dormant in the soil for a hundred years or more. Disturbing the soil will 're-activate' the seeds and the cycle begins again. I understand the opium poppy is prevalent throughout British gardens (it's not a native species) due to the practice of households growing them to produce laudanum, a mixture of poppy sap and brandy. Anyway, I took this in my garden a few years ago and placed a piece of green card behind.

Last edited:
LOLS, Daniel, Quite possibly a slant. It is SOOC from my phone camera (which is 18 mpxls, BTW, the same as my 7D).

This is from our back deck. Better pictures coming in the next few days.

Salut!

Marie

We had a torrential downpour today. When it finished the sun came out. I was in my garden when I seen the harsh back light hitting the rain drops. Time for the camera :)

I like these flowers when there's lots together. Looks like a small alien jungle.

Love in the Mist.

Last edited:
Looks like a small alien jungle.

…really does!

I wonder… what it would look like
if somewhat toned down? I believe

it would increase its visual impact!

…ready for the first morning light!

Shot43pp.jpg

To much or not enough?

I just wanted to attract your attention to the
possibility… what I think is irrelevant but
how you feel about it IS!

I conclude, however, that, if you'd not like it,
it would not be here! All I can say is that it
resembles my version more than the first
presentation.

Last edited:

I just wanted to attract you attention to the
possibility… what I think is irrelevant but
how you feel about it IS!

I conclude, however, that, if you'd not like it,
it would not be here! All I can say is that it
resembles my version more than the first
presentation.

I like how other people see things. I like to try their way, look at mine and see if I was correct or not with my version. To me it's about learning and making me better.
Looking at the two now I see I should have brought down the highlights much more :)

…wanna see my version?

As your edit says NO, I will send it via PM…

It's ok. The first one is on flickr. You can download original size there.

Bryn, may I suggest…

13A7567.jpg

can't quite match your edit on the RAW

The way I see it, you're close enough…
some improvement, buddy! And you will
only get better… :cool:

Last edited:
A friend of mine has this beautiful Rosa'Paul's Himalayan Musk, the scent is so soft especially in the morning with the dew on it. Shame the bees and butterflies can not enjoy it in the same way, too many petals all clustered together.
Roses.jpg

Last edited:
I think you must have used the DLR but, but as much as I tried to locate it in Corel photo shop I just couldn't find it, so I think I used 'sharpen'. I can see the difference and it does look better. When I get a moment later I'll find the manual that came with Corel and have a read. Thanks anyway.

P.S I remember now that I took the photo with an old camera 50d and a 60mm lens, it was basically point and shoot as I didn't have much time to do settings.

Last edited:
I think you must have used the DLR but, but as much as I tried to locate it in Corel photo shop I just couldn't find it

Yes, DRL it was… the first and most important
tool to use. Usually associated (or should be!)
with some kind of histogram.

Last edited:

Jolly colours there, Roy!
…maybe a tad over sharpened and
the halo… Really, you got what could
have been a beautiful shot!

Back