Garden Fox

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
This little fella was asleep in the garden on Sunday.....

_MG_2201-Edit by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

_MG_2193 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

_MG_2200 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Took me by surprise when I looked out the bedroom window and saw him all curled up on the lawn. He hung around for a couple of hours before trotting off around the back of the garage.

The sleeping shot is VERY cute, the only thing I would find fault would be the chopped off ear in the first and 3rd image, though with such close images I dont think they really matter, I cant believe how close those shots are. Where were you positioned when taking these steve?

I really love the highlights of the sky in the eyes in that first image, well done for getting these!

Love these!

I would be inclined with the sleeping one to crop out all background so its just the fox........

Really nice set and I totally agree with what carlh said about the sky hiighkights in the eyes.

Beautiful, and in gorgeous condition, you never know it could be a vixen who will no doubt be pregnant and possibly looking for somewhere

Blimey.... Thanks all.

I live in an urban area a couple of miles from Heathrow, my garden is surrounded by 6ft fences so he probably felt very at ease. Believe it or not, I actually shot these through the patio doors; we have vertical blinds and I could rest the lens hood against the glass to avoid any reflections.

He was just 4 or 5 metres away, and the only camera gear I had handy was my 7D & 300 f4, as I was hoping to shoot some birds on the feeders. As soon as I opened the back door he was off down the path :(

Really good shots, Steve.

If you want it to come back and give you another chance of some photos try putting peanuts out. Foxes will eat almost anything but peanuts are too small for them to grab and go, so they will stay longer. Timing and position can be a bit of a problem. If you have jays, magpies or squirrels close by, peanuts can disappear very quickly.

This has to be balanced with attracting foxes too close to the house. I, and I suspect many would not be bothered at all(a few times we've found little foxy footprints on the conservatory floor), but some people have a very different view of urban foxes.

Dave

Back