OP
OP
GarethB
Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Cold
The 2nd one for me, it works great, like the procrssing on it.
Waiting
Looks like a fair bit of work to get it together, a clever take on the theme and you have photographed it very well.
Thank you most kindly Michael, I appreciate your positive feedback!
Believe it or not, I spent way more time on the Cold image!
I was constantly having to rush upstairs/downstairs to and from the freezer to re-freeze the letters so that they kept their shape.
There's about three hours work in that image (not counting the time spent waiting for it to freeze)!
Lost a few calories though!:giggle:

Edit My Images
Yes
Brilliant Gareth. What a great, fun concept. You couldn't have crammed anymore potential distasters into that. Love it

OP
OP
GarethB
Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
At first I was like, it's a photo of a kitchen? Then I spotted the matches in the toaster :O I love it all. The longer you look at it the more dangerous bits you can see. Very creative and original. One of my favourites for the week I think.
Thank you most kindly Carl.(y)
I had a lot of fun with this image....the matches in the toaster was one of my favourites too!!

Brilliant Gareth. What a great, fun concept. You couldn't have crammed anymore potential distasters into that. Love it
Thank you Ian, most appreciated.
I had a few other 'stand-by' hazards....though it would have got dangerous....and I mean really dangerous!!!:LOL:

Waiting - Well done for this shot! Brilliant take on the theme and great fun. Brought a big grin to my face :D
Thank you very much Lee, glad you like it.
I had a great time putting it together....is it bad to enjoy creating dangerous environments?! Maybe!!:LOL:

OP
OP
GarethB
Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Waiting
I can't see anything wrong myself ;)
I like the thinking for the theme, a bit outside of the box.
Thank you Dominic, for the comment.
Indeed, if they didn't want us to put matchboxes in toasters, they wouldn't have made matchboxes toaster slot shaped!
Seems a perfectly normal thing to me!:LOL:

Wow, that's a great take on the theme, so many disasters waiting to happen!
Thank you very much @gremlin16!(y)

That is very clever. It took me a few minutes to realise you had set the shot up! All that's missing is a lit candle!
Thank you kindly Joan.
I did consider putting a lit candle in there....right next to the petrol can naturally!
I thought it was gilding the lily to be honest!:giggle:

OP
OP
GarethB
Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 7 - Rough.

(Click here to go back to the contents page)

Here is my entry for the Rough theme.
I was aiming for something that relates to the familiar phrase 'to take the rough with the smooth', but I'm not sure it really works as that.
I tried several compositions with 'smooth' backgrounds, but ended up really liking this final composition.
It's sandpaper of varying 'roughnesses' so I think it still works ok for the theme.

May I present....

TP-52-2019 wk-7 - Rough
by Gareth Bellamy, on Flickr

Thank you for looking folks :)

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
What stands out for me is the small area of focus in each of the pieces of sandpaper. it is so symmetrical across all pieces. A lovely abstract image. So much to look at in something as simple as sandpaper. You have definitely made it look like a piece of art.

Name
Chenti
Edit My Images
Yes
Brilliant. Was just off out to the garage to see what I could find in the decorating box.. You beat me to it. image works like the lighting and composition

Last edited: