Gartheiniog WRC 14/11/2015

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
Hi All

Well what a long day yesterday was! I left the house at 4am, to get to wales for 7am. Arrived to be greeted with a 2 mile walk to the first stage, not what I expected on my first WRC experience with a bag full of camera equipment. after setting up on a real muddy corner, I got a few shots. then we decided to move, and the heavens opened! an 8 mile walk back to the car in wellys with wet clothes throughout isn't my idea of fun. but, never the less I had an amazing day, and will return next year more prepared.

Here are a few of my favourites, un-edited jpegs off of my camera. I will get round to the raw files later this week.

D7K_0307.JPG D7K_0316.JPG D7K_0325.JPG D7K_0345.JPG D7K_0380.JPG

all very clear and sharp, i really like the first one shame about the shrubbery have you thought of cloning it out? sorry just read they are unedited JPEGs my bad.

Thank you. I aim to do some editing to my raw files, so will give cloning a go :)

Awesome shots there Mark! I look forward to seeing what you can do with the RAW versions :)

P.S - did you used to be a member on the corsasport forums?

Thanks Rob. Yeah, I was a member on there. stopped going on there, when I decided to stop spending all my cash on cars haha

Great set of images Mark, If this was your first attempt at this sort of photography then you should be proud of your results.(y)

George.

Thank you, George. It is my first attempt at this sort of thing, hopefully the raw files will be better :)

Well, here's a few of my edited files. I found a lot of them were out of focus (I blame the eBay special waterproof bag) :( .I plan to go next year again, with hopefully a new purchase of a D810 & a 150-600 lens. Not bad for my first attempt at motorsport photography I guess!

D7K_0274.jpg

D7K_0307.jpg

D7K_0316.jpg

D7K_0325.jpg

D7K_0347.jpg

Patched the twig out and cloned the final bits. thoughts?D7K_0483.jpg

Just out of interest, what camera and lens are you currently using?

On the day, i had a nikon D7000, sigma 70-200 f2.8 and a sigma 17-50 f2.8. I also had a sogma 2x tc just incase i wasn't close enough haha

I had a weatherproof cover for my cam and 70-200, but on it's first use i found that the heat off my hands was steaming it up, meaning i couldn't see through the view finder.

Back