Gary's 365 - Feelings & Emotions (ended early)

2707963019_cc78af45c7_o.jpg

Well, as I sit and write the final of the catchups, I am looking forward to a nice long sleep. I am pretty tired, but more than that, I am relaxed and calm. You can probably see I am feeling fairly positive about things at the moment, and when things feel good, you benefit in so many ways. Its not often I look forward to sleeping, and I hardly ever admit to feeling calm!

This image was taken early Sunday afternoon, just before we started the trip home from Aviemore. Loch An Eileen, about 3 miles south of Aviemore Village I think. We walked right round the loch, in the extremely hot sun, which I suspect has something to do with the way I feel right about now!

Off to my kip, it feels good to be finally back on top of these daily entries.

Gary.

Awesome mate, been waiting for these, I might have to go and get a shot now to make up!

Cheers Rozzy. They are not as deep as previous ones, but I guess with so many needed for the catchup, I would have been at it for days solid.

Will put more thought into any in the future, assuming I have the time...which has been scarce recently!

Gary.

All read now (y)

Some intresting stuff there, and some stuff that makes you think

Nice work, keep it up :)

Tony

Cheers Techno, Romper and Bidden. Missed this place, good to be home! For a while... :D

Gary.

Been watching what I can of this Gary and really like the lost and proud shots. The camper must be great fun so I hope you all enjoyed it. Would love to get one myself.

Wow. I discovered this thread today and it's taken me nearly 2 hours to read through it all. Great photography and great writing. I don't imagine I'll be contributing much here, but I'll be reading it...

If I'm honest Gary, the short snippets have been a refreshing change from the essays you were previously writing. It's allowed me to read through them and not feel overwhelmed!
I love number #45 :)

Your respite will be short lived, must be a mega rant building up somewhere!!!

I just need to trigger it somehow :cautious:

Gary.

Just caught up! Other the last twenty minutes or so actually, in a seperate tab! :LOL:

Awesome images Gary, love "Calm" and "Knackard"

Both very good (not saying the others aren't :p) , after reading the text too, yet again you've managed to portray various feelings and emotions perfectly. So much so, you can relate yourself in various 'scenes'.

I have fallen behind again :bang: But have plenty of pics for the catchups! :D

Gary.

Will be posting the catchups shortly, apologies for letting the side down here, really don't want to post just for the sake of it, if I have nothing to say, I will keep the shots and upload when I do. And recently, I have felt like a mute, with not a word of discontent, which is wierd!

I need some turbulence in my life to get the words flowing again! :bang:

Gary.

thats a shame gary, been missing these. i now have no reading material for when there is nothing on telly. lets hope you catch back up

thats a shame gary, been missing these. i now have no reading material for when there is nothing on telly. lets hope you catch back up

Don't worry it is here to stay, I just haven't felt like talking much, the holidays knocked me for 6 in terms of chilling me out to the bone, and I have really been too relaxed and happy to worry about mega rants!

I will do the first shortly :)

Gary.

I have really been too relaxed and happy to worry about mega rants!
You don't have to rant every time, Gary. Saving up the photos until you feel you've got something "worthwhile" to say kinda defeats the object, doesn't it?

You don't have to rant every time, Gary. Saving up the photos until you feel you've got something "worthwhile" to say kinda defeats the object, doesn't it?

I guess so, I have thought about it and I really should post daily, regardless, otherwise as you say, it's not going to be a true 365.

I will catchup and see how I get on.

Thanks for looking mate,

Gary.

Gary, just caught up on the last few posts, I dont have any internet at home at the minute and can only get online when at my Fiancee's. Nice short snappy posts, Great for a catch up!

Gary, just caught up on the last few posts, I dont have any internet at home at the minute and can only get online when at my Fiancee's. Nice short snappy posts, Great for a catch up!

Cheers Gaz, hope you get connection sorted!!!

Gary.

Yes, in the new house i will be getting it set up very soon hopefully, got to ring them at the start of next week :)

Hi Gary,
I have spent most of the day today (should be working) reading your 365.
I'm not going to say it's been easy but it has been worth while.
I think bar a few good books it's been the most emotional, thought provoking read I have had in a long time.

Looking forward to some more posts and will do my best to stay on top of your 365 now.

Hi Gary,
I have spent most of the day today (should be working) reading your 365.
I'm not going to say it's been easy but it has been worth while.
I think bar a few good books it's been the most emotional, thought provoking read I have had in a long time.

Looking forward to some more posts and will do my best to stay on top of your 365 now.

I have caught up more or less, but left the updates on a work PC :bang::bang::bang:

When back in the office, will upload and then stay on top of it.

Gary.

Sorry guys, had enough of this - not enough time to continue, I shall miss it.

Thanks for all the support, sorry it was so shortlived!

Gary.

The Campervan beckons - enjoy:wave:

Well that, and since we "downsized" the office, work has bitten a bit harder!! And lastly, I felt recently, without the 365 being in my head, I actually went out for several proper shoots. My mum as the joker, Claire in her dress, The festival several times, Falkirk Wheel, Abbeys, Beaches, etc etc etc. I have been taking more photos in the last week than I have ever before I feel.

Gary.

Well that, and since we "downsized" the office, work has bitten a bit harder!! And lastly, I felt recently, without the 365 being in my head, I actually went out for several proper shoots. My mum as the joker, Claire in her dress, The festival several times, Falkirk Wheel, Abbeys, Beaches, etc etc etc. I have been taking more photos in the last week than I have ever before I feel.

Gary.

Keep it up Gary, It's good to see you are enjoying yourself. That campervan has certainly chilled you out. Don't overdo the work though. Some nice shots the new chilled out Gary has taken now. Seeing them all on flick.(y)

Hi Gary, shame to see this ending early but i understand how hard it must be, (im finding my A-Z hard enough)

the main thing is that you keep taking excellent photos and that you are enjoying yourself as you do it, and not taking a photo because you have to add it to your 365.
i will be watching your flickr and your threads and drooling over the photos that you produce.

enjoy....

(goes off to find something else to admire whilst at work) :D

Chris

Hi Gary, shame to see this ending early but i understand how hard it must be, (im finding my A-Z hard enough)

the main thing is that you keep taking excellent photos and that you are enjoying yourself as you do it, and not taking a photo because you have to add it to your 365.
i will be watching your flickr and your threads and drooling over the photos that you produce.

enjoy....

(goes off to find something else to admire whilst at work) :D

Chris

Hey don't you worry. I might get the odd rant in here and there amongst my photos!! :)

Gary.

Really great set mate, some wonderful images and open and honest entries......

......But when are you going to learn to spell your name correctly!?!?!? ;)

Sorry guys, had enough of this - not enough time to continue, I shall miss it.

Thanks for all the support, sorry it was so shortlived!

Gary.

:eek: Nooooooooo

I shall miss this thread Gary

Was good fun whilst it lasted though(y)

Looking forward to seeing what you produce now you are chilled:D

Have to be honest and say I'm not surprised. No one could keep up that level of intense introspection for 365 days, without going mental.

Is a shame though as it was a quality thread, in terms of both the pictures and the writing.

Stick to just taking pics fella, which you are getting very very good at by the way :)

It's a shame for me as well. Seeing this go down the pan has sort of made me think about what I'm doing really.
Am I taking pictures for my benefit or for my 365?
I like to think that it's for my benefit because I always come away with several shots and only 1 shot makes it to the 365, but would I have picked up the camera if it wasn't for my 365?

Lets just say since this going down I feel less inspired :(

All the best Gary (y)

Well Gary, I'm genuinely disapointed that this isnt continuing, but I understand how difficult it is, and how difficult it must be for yourself with a family and a proper job! Good to see your doing other things tog-wise though, and I will be keeping an eye out for your threads.
I'v really enjoyed these photographs, and the stories, you've done well to bare your soul as you have, and I think many people on here respect you for it.

Good luck with your future projects!!!

Chris

Back