Gary's 365 - Feelings & Emotions (ended early)

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Catchup links:

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Day 8

Day 9

Day 10

Day 11

Day 12

Day 13

Day 14

Day 15

Day 16

Day 17

Day 18

Day 19

Day 20

Day 21

Day 22

Day 23

Day 24

Day 25

Day 26

Day 27

Day 28

Day 29

Day 30

Day 31

Day 32

Day 33

Day 34

Day 35

Day 36

Day 37

Day 38

Day 39

Day 40

Day 41

Day 42

Day 43

Day 44

Day 45

Day 46

Day 47

Hello!

Well, I have decided to jump on the "daily photo" bandwagon, and post an image which represents how I feel every day! I am going to be creative, break the rules, not follow the usual thought process that I normally do when I take pics. I am simply going to try and tune into my emotion as best as possible, and pic it somehow.

The reason I am doing this is simple, I am 100% bored out of my nut, and its late. I can't sleep, finding it difficult to get enough practise in during the day due to work, and need an excuse to try loads of different things with my camera.

This might be a 365, it might be less, it might be more!!!

Anyway, to kick it all off and keep it squarly on how I am feeling, I present, boredom :D

2571853286_94bd3e0c4c_o.jpg

(channel 4 something about spanish holidays before you all ask! :naughty:)

As always I would love C&C on the strictly creativeish shots! :D

Gary.

Last edited:
good luck! its harder than it looks hence giving up twice but thats mainly because I thought if I felt every shot didn't count then why bother.

I like that one - but as I've already said on flickr - it does look a bit like a night in on your own :) Not that that is meant in any derogatory fashion - its an interesting pic and well taken.

If you're going to do a 365, then have a look here: http://www.blipfoto.com/home.php

My page is here: I've managed 42 on the trot so far. Some good some not so. Its not easy, but its good fun and it does make me look for photos and think about what I can do for the next one.

Good luck

I like that one - but as I've already said on flickr - it does look a bit like a night in on your own :) Not that that is meant in any derogatory fashion - its an interesting pic and well taken.

If you're going to do a 365, then have a look here: http://www.blipfoto.com/home.php

My page is here: I've managed 42 on the trot so far. Some good some not so. Its not easy, but its good fun and it does make me look for photos and think about what I can do for the next one.

Good luck

I knew it would cause some kind of reaction with the bikini clad lady, I should not have bottled so quickly and explained the program it was on! :)

Off to look at yours now!!

Gary.

If you sign up, let us know :wave:

I was gonna but between this place, flickr and photobox, I can only just keep myself organised. I didnt comment on your set as they wanted a username and password - I have seen them on your flickr too though, nice pics :)

I was gonna but between this place, flickr and photobox, I can only just keep myself organised. I didnt comment on your set as they wanted a username and password - I have seen them on your flickr too though, nice pics :)

fairy nuff - your call

I would urge you to think again, though - its a good place

2573809876_83a61711b5_o.jpg

Do you ever feel drained of everything except the will to sleep? Your eyes are heavy, you can't concentrate, you constantly crave whatever energy is available - tea, coffee, red bull - anything will do. Everything is just so hard to focus on and you simply float from pointless task to pointless task with no rhyme nor reason...

Thats been me for the last 2 months. I am a VERY happy person, I enjoy life and I feel I get a lot out of it, but one thing I really get no satisfaction from is sleeping.

I am getting 2, maybe 3 hours a night, I know come 10pm I will be absolutely dead on my feet, yet 6 hours later I still sit as if an external force stops me reaching my kip.

I don't understand why I am like this and I don't overly mind it, but one night of good shut eye would probably do me wonders! :)

Gary.

Last edited:
2576026330_7e7f96f067_o.jpg

I had a great nights sleep for once, and I feel alive! Good day at work, been out taking photos with Darren and Michael too, still plenty energy left! ;)

This pic seemed most appropriate, yesterday I was dead on my feet, and today I am full of beans! It's as if my run down body has sprouted a new lease of life!!!

Gary.

Last edited:
Nice one Gary, i know that feeling :)

The picture is good, What sort of plant is it do you know?

Tony

Nice pic of the plant Gary. Glad you got a good nights sleep, but quite frankly don't worry about it. Sleeping's a waste of life. I've seldom slept for more than 5 hours a night and once you get to accept it and not worry about it, you realise it's great to have all that extra time to play on your computer, read, and mess about with your camera.

I work nights and try as I might I just can't sleep at the 'normal' time when I have nights off. Which is why most of my posts on TP are in the wee small hours. I gave over worrying about it years ago. I sleep when I'm tired, and as far as I know it hasn't done me any harm. :nuts: :LOL:

I like the theme of this 365 and the narrative that goes with each pic. (y)

Thanks guys!!! I hope I can sustain this, one thing I know, you cant just sit and wait for a photo! Today I was out and about with Daz when I got this one, I did not shoot it for this thread, but it suited my mood and thats what I am aiming for.

G.

2578095081_168bd1a18c_o.jpg

INSECURE

Well this is a hard one to post, but I am not going to bottle it - if I feel a certain way its coming out :) !

I have been married just over a year, and been with my wife now for 8 years! I love her to bits, enjoy spending all my time with her - my best friend in the world, ever. Anyone want a sick bucket yet? :puke: :). The trouble is, do you ever feel that whilst you have all those feelings, do you ever have a small doubt that your other half does not feel the same? Silly I know, but not a nice feeling to have! I mean I rely on Claire for a lot, and my life would I feel fall apart without her - she came along for me at a VERY difficult stage in my life, and was absolutely pivitol in helping me turn things around. I know she relies on me for a huge amount to. I would be devastated should it all end.

Where do these feelings come from? I know I am not a young one anymore (28), I have no reason not to trust Claire, and I have nothing to suggest at all that anything awful will happen to our relationship - I do think we will be holding hands on the beach when we are 70! However like an itch I can't quite reach, this feeling remains at low levels. I am not a possesive guy, not jealous, but again, I have a low level worry that for example, on a night out, I am going to be replaced and loose my other half! Daft yes, irrational, probably, normal? I seriously doubt it.

Gary.

Last edited:
This is a nice image and i can see exactly what ** saying with it.. i think we ALL go through feelings like this..its like finaly realising your own mortality.. its not a bad thing.. its gonna keep you on yopur toes for a bit.. makes you stop and think about things and try NOT to lose them.. if it means little things like making her a cuppa to wake up to to remind her your there and care then so be it.. its all good.. she deserves to be treated nice eh.. we all do.. this is just a way of reminding YOU that you care.. embrace it and love her.. and yourself.. (y)

But not too much!! it make you blind!!! :naughty:

Thanks guys, I was worried about posting this one!! :)

Tomorrows is definately going to be ANGGGGRY. I think my brand spanking new bigma is goosed, either that or I am just stooooopid. :bang:

Gary.

2581158603_a472c36c28_o.jpg

THAT SUNDAY FEELING

Do you ever get the dreaded sunday feeling? Your weekend is over... Come the morning, its back to the daily grind, all the headaches, conflicts, complex tasks and other work related dross you could just, do, without!

It kind of reminds me of the last day of the Summer Holiday as a kid, except now it's every week, and work is 10x more demanding than school!!!

You just wish you could freeze time, and let the weekend last forever...

Yup, I got it bad!

Gary.

Last edited:
I know the feeling, run 3 businesses for the last 20 years but in time you just learn to ignore the pains, and remember you can always turn the phone off.

I dropped my iPhone in the bath 2 months ago, still not called insurance! :naughty:

(y):clap:You're getting the hang of it. I hate my mobile phone.

I miss everything on the iPhone, except the calls ;)

Seriously though, work is tough, and dealing with the conflicting personalities in a very small team is the killer for me.

It's a hard place to be at times, but rewarding.

G.

great bunch of shots so far Gary! I feel your pain about the Marriage thing, the only problem is that it's the other way around in mine. Been together 16 years now, and I'm wondering, well, just wondering...

Look forward to more shots from you.

great bunch of shots so far Gary! I feel your pain about the Marriage thing, the only problem is that it's the other way around in mine. Been together 16 years now, and I'm wondering, well, just wondering...

Look forward to more shots from you.

Bummer mate :( Keep at it!

Gary.

Yeah i think most of us even if we enjoy our jobs would rather the weekend was three or four days long...at least.What's in the glass? I'm sitting here finishing off friday nights bacardi!:)

Ha, just water. I have a zero alcohol policy!! :)

Gary.

The final countdown! 50 minutes to go...

What the heck, I have already started lol. DOWN WITH WORK! :D

Gary.

I do like these pics. Great use of depth of field to attract the eye. Turns a boring unsecured gate into a work of art. However, I thought that the one with the Sky remote would have been better if more of the hand and remote had been in focus. But great shot nonetheless. Inspirational!

I do like these pics. Great use of depth of field to attract the eye. Turns a boring unsecured gate into a work of art. However, I thought that the one with the Sky remote would have been better if more of the hand and remote had been in focus. But great shot nonetheless. Inspirational!

Thank you for your kind comments! :)

2578095081_011fa10ca4_o.jpg

INSECURE

Well this is a hard one to post, but I am not going to bottle it - if I feel a certain way its coming out :) !

I have been married just over a year, and been with my wife now for 8 years! I love her to bits, enjoy spending all my time with her - my best friend in the world, ever. Anyone want a sick bucket yet? :puke: :). The trouble is, do you ever feel that whilst you have all those feelings, do you ever have a small doubt that your other half does not feel the same? Silly I know, but not a nice feeling to have! I mean I rely on Claire for a lot, and my life would I feel fall apart without her - she came along for me at a VERY difficult stage in my life, and was absolutely pivitol in helping me turn things around. I know she relies on me for a huge amount to. I would be devastated should it all end.

Where do these feelings come from? I know I am not a young one anymore (28), I have no reason not to trust Claire, and I have nothing to suggest at all that anything awful will happen to our relationship - I do think we will be holding hands on the beach when we are 70! However like an itch I can't quite reach, this feeling remains at low levels. I am not a possesive guy, not jealous, but again, I have a low level worry that for example, on a night out, I am going to be replaced and loose my other half! Daft yes, irrational, probably, normal? I seriously doubt it.

Gary.

Daft, no

Irrational,no

Normal, define normal;)

You are not alone in having these feelings, just not everyone is as brave as to share how the feel

Chin up fella, remember you are not alone.Photography for me is a release( see what i just did) from the pressures of daily/personal life

Keep on keeping on :)

Daft, no

Irrational,no

Normal, define normal;)

You are not alone in having these feelings, just not everyone is as brave as to share how the feel

Chin up fella, remember you are not alone.Photography for me is a release( see what i just did) from the pressures of daily/personal life

Keep on keeping on :)

Thanks :) Daft thing is, if I were to share this with my wife, I would get a big hug and told to stop being so silly. Then I would be absolutely fine, but it can creep up on you at times!!

Thank you for the reply.

Gary.

Back