gas and electric the mind boggles

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
we are currently with a energy provider Scottish power we are happy enough with the service provided ,our current dual tariff runs out at the end of the month and they wish to increase our payments by just under £40 per month ,going online or via the telephone just runs you into a brick wall of ,no thats the price we cant change it even though we are currently sat on a couple of hundred quid of yours in overpayment credits . we are happy with what we pay per month at the moment and although by switching it could possibly be cheaper its with companies I have never heard of ,but needs must so off we go to compare the market .

enter all the details though a lot of info on the online bill is difficult to access putting it mildly .

press submit and what comes out very near the top . yep you guessed it the quote from Scottish power for the next year fixed tariff at EXACTLY the same price as we now pay plus wait for it 1p extra per month ,the mind totally f*****g boggles .anyway submitted it now lets see what the kilted muppets can work out from that , they must sit there all day in there offices eating haggis and sporrans

RANT OVER :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Scottish Power=too dear, was with them for a short time, many other cheaper companies, i'm with the co-op at the mo.
Oh we eat Haggis and wear sporrans btw.

@the black fox just been through the exact same thing with Scot Power....when I asked them to match the deal offered by a switching site, they refused (!) saying that it was a referrer deal and they couldnt match it....

I said - tell your managers - Ive just sacked you off for being unreasonable, despite being with them for 6 years.

Now with Bulb - not fixed but no tie in.

Theres a referrer deal with a guy on another forum...Bulb pay you and the referrer £50 each - so a credit on your account of £50, and then this guy sends you half of his £50 to paypal or whatever. He gets his utilty bill paid by the referral credits from Bulb and you get about 3 months free....

Geuinely a true story.

I changed to Bulb at the start of the year, excellent communications and saving money from last supplier too!

I left Scottish Power about 3 years ago, and am now with Bulb. Through the referral deal, 4 of my work colleagues have also joined, and we each get £50 off our bill.

Glad to be shot of Scottish Power, as it was a nightmare when I left. 2 years after leaving them (with my account several hundred in credit!), they sent a bill for £2300 for gas and electricity mostly used since I had ceased being a customer with them. A few emails exchanged and this dropped to about £990. 3 months of frustration and getting nowhere I ended up going to the ombudsman after getting a deadlock letter from Scottish Power. A few weeks later the ombudsman finds in my favour - I am owe Scottish Power nothing, they have to sort out the mess with me being billed for someone else's meter, and I get some compensation for all the hassle.

All is fine for a few months, until 2 nights ago I received an email from Scottish Power asking me to submit my meter readings :(

Worst customer service ever, and it looks like I've got to waste more of my time trying ot prove I don't owe them any money.

as I said now still with Scottish power at exactly what we have been paying for the last two years ,but with the added benefit of a years worth of meerkat movies and meals courtesy of compare the market . the whole u.k energy market needs someone with a big whip to control it ,mind you that goes for everything these days .

I changed to Bulb at the start of the year, excellent communications and saving money from last supplier too!

Ah but are you?

We looked at the switch comparison sites, but they all increased the prices to make the savings appear greater and so encourage you to switch. Bulb came out cheapest on 3 comparison sites but all wanted £30 a month MORE than I was paying. We spoke to our supplier and agreed to pay less

Ah but are you?

We looked at the switch comparison sites, but they all increased the prices to make the savings appear greater and so encourage you to switch. Bulb came out cheapest on 3 comparison sites but all wanted £30 a month MORE than I was paying. We spoke to our supplier and agreed to pay less

Scot here, so yes indeed, at the moment £22 less a month.

Back