rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry, more snow stuff.

Taken yesterday just outside Derby.

DSC_1002.jpg

DSC_1011.jpg

DSC_1009.jpg

Although I experiment with different forms of photography when I can, I usually shoot children's football, so any pointers in the right direction regarding these images would be very much appreciated.

I can't say that No.1 does much for me but 2 & 3 are nice. No.3 especially as my eye is drawn to the distant house throught the gate.

I think #2 is the strongest, as the tree has a certain drama, the composition is pleasing, and there is some element of mystery in the house that you can't quite see. In #1 the watering trough blocks the composition, and with #3 I think you just needed to pull back a bit, to get the gate fully in and pull the fence away from the bottom of the frame.

Thank you, donna and Toby for your comments. Very much appreciated.

As I mentioned, I mainly shoot children's football and so have to grab shots as and when I can, and fast. Not that I have attained any decent level of quality yet, tbh.

Whenever I have shot scenery in the past it has been along the lines of, 'ooh, that looks nice,'...Snap. Now I am thinking about composition more but, interestingly, to suddenly find I have oodles of time to think about it when compared with shooting footy actually proved difficult. For example, I was so pleased with #3 and my cunning use of fence, gate and hanging branch to lead the eye to the house, that I didn't even consider how well the fence and gate sat within the frame :bonk:

Plenty to learn, obviously, so thank you both for setting on my learning path:)

2 & 3 work for me, in the first the fence acts as a barrier, it's not letting you into the image, while the open gate in 2&3 allows you to enter the scene, with the branches of the tree 'framing' the scene nicely.

Back