weekly George's 52 for 2017 Week 52(and Done)

Name
Georgina
Edit My Images
Yes
Here I am, I hope. Not been to Andrea's for my lesson, so just winging it. :) This is the first step so hopefully got this bit right lol.

Here I am, I hope. Not been to Andrea's for my lesson, so just winging it. :) This is the first step so hopefully got this bit right lol.

You did it :) With 3/4s of us suffering with colds/man-flu it's not a healthy environment at the moment, but the how-to links here are great once you've taken your practice photo and added it to your Flickr. There are also some recent messages in the 2017 discussion thread with people practicing links for the first time, which might help. Failing that, hopefully the germs will have cleared off by the weekend :puke:

You did it :) With 3/4s of us suffering with colds/man-flu it's not a healthy environment at the moment, but the how-to links here are great once you've taken your practice photo and added it to your Flickr. There are also some recent messages in the 2017 discussion thread with people practicing links for the first time, which might help. Failing that, hopefully the germs will have cleared off by the weekend :puke:
Yay :) Yes keep you're germs to yourself, but hope you're feeling better soon. The linky thing makes no sense at the moment but sure it will become clear when I have a picture to post:)

Welcome along and best of luck for your 52, George. Keep up with the topics as best you can, use everything around you (including on TP) for inspiration and if in need of support, there's many more of us in the same boat! Looking forward to seeing your images this year :)

Welcome to the 52's Georgina, looking forward to seeing your images in 2017, having Andrea offering guidance is very lucky for you... have fun :)
Thank you. Yes she is quite good to have around ;) It is all her fault that I'm here. Hopefully we will inspire each other to keep going over the year.:)

Welcome along and best of luck for your 52, George. Keep up with the topics as best you can, use everything around you (including on TP) for inspiration and if in need of support, there's many more of us in the same boat! Looking forward to seeing your images this year :)
Thanks Ian. Hoping this will get me off my bum and taking more and better pictures this year :)

Hello and welcome along to the 52 challenge, just want to wish you good luck and I hope that you enjoy it and learn plenty along the way.
Thanks Mandy. I hope so too :) I'm sure I will, looking forward to seeing everyones images each week:)

A cracking song and a good shot to go with the theme Georgina, like the rusty rails and how my eye follows it along, plus can just make out the RNLI boat :)
Thanks Dave. Yes it was just sitting there in just the right spot. :)

Ha ha very well done - I like your interpretation Georgina and a wonderful song choice.

Clever take on the theme. I like it :)

I like the RNLI boat just visible definatly troubled waters.

Interesting bridge, very brutalist and reminds me of the walkways at UEA
I have to confess, It is actually a walkway :( It goes around a small rocky section of the coast and joins two footpaths together ( But don't tell anyone else, I don't think they noticed ;))

That's a good start Missy, the fact you have noticed fault with it yourself is cool, for me it looks a nice pic for this time of year (y)
Thank you. Think I am probably my own worst critic. Unfortunately at the moment the only high tide in daylight is in the middle of the day, so it is what it is:)

Good start to your challenge! Interesting composition, and I'm a huge fan of brutalist architecture of and kind.

One of my all time favourite songs, how could I not like the image too?
Off to a flying start Georgie (y)

Good start to your challenge! Interesting composition, and I'm a huge fan of brutalist architecture of and kind.
Thanks:) It is in a brutal spot and was built to withstand the crashing waves, so really serves its purpose:)

Excellent use of perspective, keeping the top railing of the bridge horizontal throughout much of it's length :)
On theme. Nothing in the way of wasted space.
Keep up the good work.
:ty:

Good start, I'm always inclined on tightly framed shots just to ask to see what it's like a little wider.

Good start, I'm always inclined on tightly framed shots just to ask to see what it's like a little wider.
I didn't actually take any wider shots this time for two reasons. The first was that the sky was so grey that I wanted to exclude it and the second was that this is actually a walkway not really a bridge:) Maybe I will go back on a nicer day and take some more shots :D

I like that, Georgina. Nice and simple composition, black background and slight reflection to boot. Also like the fact the letters are in order, but the numbers aren't (disorder?).

Only possible gripe may be that it's a tad underexposed, though that could be my phone screen tbf. Good effort :)

Back