weekly George's 52 for 2017 Week 52(and Done)

Whole has definitely made me sing the jingle damn you. That will be an earworm all day now. Although it's also competing with 'Only the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate tastes like chocolate never tasted before' for some reason :p

Nice compostion Georgina, a litlle brighter maybe and the choc leaning against the packet to get rid of the little bits of table and it will be perfect (y)

They certainly do Georgina - and very tasty they are too ... too tasty. Nicely composed to show pat choc and pat wrapper on the diagonal.

Certainly fits the brief. I think it's rather well composed, although I would have avoided showing the tiny bits of table on the top right below the wrapper.

On theme, maybe a tad under exposed but nice detail.

Cheers.

Nicely done Georgina - I like the horizontal of the logo on the wrapper and the way you have the whole nuts prominent. And yes...I will be singing that all week now!

Just love these choccies, good shot :)

Thanks for the comments everyone :D

Whole has definitely made me sing the jingle damn you. That will be an earworm all day now. Although it's also competing with 'Only the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate tastes like chocolate never tasted before' for some reason :p

Nice compostion Georgina, a litlle brighter maybe and the choc leaning against the packet to get rid of the little bits of table and it will be perfect (y)

Thanks Jill, sorry about the jingle been singing it all week myself :(

Some good and fun shots since I last looked I particularly like smooth and comfort. The smooth shot is very well put together and
taken, and comfort reminds me of our cat Hazel.

Hi Georgina,
Mineral - You had me chuckling there, nice. Welcome to the Shoe-horn club.
On to the comments... For me, I think I'd tried to have pushed the whites a little more, to increase contrast, but that's purely personal, it's certainly been captured well.
Whole - I considered that song too when thinking pondering on this theme. That's a nice sharp image with excellent range and colours (y)

Week 7 - Structure - This is the café at a place called the sound. This is at the southern point of the Isle of Man. The description below is from the IOM Guide website

The site was purchased by the Isle of Man of Government in 1999 and was developed by Manx National Heritage. The main building has glass walls and a turf roof. Inside there is a cafe and seating for 40 diners (an additional 40 seats are located on the outside terrace). Also inside is an exhibition about the Sound with banners, signs, and an auto/video presentation. The Sound Visitor Centre was built at a cost of 1.1 million pounds and opened July 2002.

Structure by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Week 8 - Routine - Been struggling with this one, and this is very much a shoehorn but it is my routine that each Wednesday I walk with a friend to this cairn and to the tower you can see on the headland. Its a quite tough 5 mile trek to the top and back and we've had some pretty dodgy weather but this was the first nice evening :)

Routine by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Week 9 - Numbers - Its a small thing but I am quite pleased with these numbers:) I'm in training to take part in a local Parish walk that takes place at the end of June. The whole thing is 85 miles and has to be finished in 24 hours. I'm hoping to get from Douglas to a place called Peel which is just over 32 miles. This is the first time I have managed 10 miles at the pace I need to do to get in within the time limit, just have to triple the distance now :LOL:

Numbers by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Good catch-up! The one that stands out for me is routine. Beautiful landscape, well composed with the rocks in the foreground and the sun breaking through the clouds in the distance (y)

Plus 1 for the routine shot Georgina. Cairn in the foreground really fixes the scene . Beautiful sunset.

Good numbers, right on theme and like the story. If you did that 10 miles at 3.6 mph that's a heck of a pace!! Good luck with the walk.

J

Good catch-up! The one that stands out for me is routine. Beautiful landscape, well composed with the rocks in the foreground and the sun breaking through the clouds in the distance (y)

Great catch up indeed, got to be Routine is my pick out of the three, beautiful landscape/seascape, and with a nice sky too :)

Plus 1 for the routine shot Georgina. Cairn in the foreground really fixes the scene . Beautiful sunset.

Good numbers, right on theme and like the story. If you did that 10 miles at 3.6 mph that's a heck of a pace!! Good luck with the walk.

J

Thanks Guys, funny that you all liked the routine pic best as landscapes are the thing I am least confident with :)

I did do that John, the 3.6 mph is the average speed for the distance. There were some big hills too so was pleased with that effort:D

Routine is a cracker. That FG making all the different in a shot like that. (y)

Hi Georgina,
Structure - Really like the way the harsh light gives the image a really sharp feel, the sky with the clouds works really well too.
Routine - With the dramatic sky, and pile of rocks in the foreground, it works and allows you to break the rule of thirds. (y)
Numbers - I don't feel this has the visual impact of the other two shots. it feels more of a snap, it's not central or on a third and it's slightly off horizontally. But that doesn't really matter as it had great meaning to you.

I love routine too - great depth with the cairn, lovely and sharp through the image and that pretty light on the sea - what a fab routine to have (y)

Routine is a cracker. That FG making all the different in a shot like that. (y)

Another vote for routine as well, although you also deserve a well done for numbers. 85 miles in 24 hours sounds exhausting!

A great catch up from you structure and routine really stand out for me.

Thanks everyone :) Sorry for the late response just been bogged down :(

Hi Georgina,
Structure - Really like the way the harsh light gives the image a really sharp feel, the sky with the clouds works really well too.
Routine - With the dramatic sky, and pile of rocks in the foreground, it works and allows you to break the rule of thirds. (y)
Numbers - I don't feel this has the visual impact of the other two shots. it feels more of a snap, it's not central or on a third and it's slightly off horizontally. But that doesn't really matter as it had great meaning to you.

Thanks Tim, yes it was a bit of a snap but as you say it was more about the meaning on this occasion. Sorry for the late reply, hopefully back in the groove now, big catch up coming tomorrow and then hope to have a look at all the other pics :D

Well done on your catch up; you're putting me to shame :) We've spoken about your images as you've done them, but I've enjoyed looking at them again and Comfort, Hairy and Smooth are my favourites so far :clap:

Thanks Andrea, big catch up coming tomorrow :D All pics taken just got to upload them :banana:

Attractive by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Week 10 - Attractive - Don't know why but got really stalled on this one. Thanks to my other half for buying me a very attractive bunch of flowers for my birthday :)

Week 12 - Power - Steam Power - One of our lovely little steam engines, unfortunately it was pointing towards the carriages but never mind

Power by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Last edited:
Week 14 - Evolve - Hopefully this tadpole will evolve into a frog. That's if the stress of being hoicked out of the pond, so I could take its picture, didn't kill it ;)

Evolve by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Love the tadpole Georgina. He looks as though he'll make it.
Dark looks good thought the reddish colour on the right hand side of the head looks odd; is that wear?

Love the tadpole Georgina. He looks as though he'll make it.
Dark looks good thought the reddish colour on the right hand side of the head looks odd; is that wear?

I hope he makes it but there are dozens so I will never know :) Not sure about the red on the Dark Knight, think it must be a reflection. :confused:

Great catch up indeed, some very good shots too, love the Evolve idea and the view from above... but of course my fav is

Nice catch up Georgina, of all the shots I like the @Dark Knight plus the Power shot imo it is a lovely shot :)
Yes this :D

Great catch up again! The one that stands out for me is the tadpole, very sharp and bang on theme!

Back