weekly George's 52 for 2017 Week 52(and Done)

Hi Georgina,
Smoke - Very nice, captured really well and works well against the black.
I love that there is a bit of a (dogs) face on camera right.
Vivid - The shallow DoF works really well, allowing you to use the bird itself as teh background. Clever. :)

Leaf? What leaf.

Clever, rather different smoke image technique, nice result.

Fantastic detail in that peacock, stands out well from the BG, no sign of any leaf cloning.

(y)

Smoke, like it and very nicely taken shot :)
Vivid, now that is a great shot, love the vivid colours (y)(y)

Nope...definitely can't see the cloning - great job (y) Gorgeous colours and great detail - what a lovely shot!

That's a bright and vivid colour bird. You've done well with the processing, I've no idea where the big leaf was.

Vivid, nice and close with good detail. Great eye contact.

Cheers.

Hi Georgina,
Smoke - Very nice, captured really well and works well against the black.
I love that there is a bit of a (dogs) face on camera right.
Vivid - The shallow DoF works really well, allowing you to use the bird itself as teh background. Clever. :)

Leaf? What leaf.

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. :)

Lovely shot for vivid, good sharp eye and I like the shallow DoF

Smoke - nicely done. I didn't realise it was a spoon until I read the comments.

Vivid - Lovely blues and green in the shot. You've done a good job with the cloning as without your comment I would not have known you had done any but as you have asked I would guess the cloning is to the left of the peacocks head feathers?

Smoke - nicely done. I didn't realise it was a spoon until I read the comments.

Vivid - Lovely blues and green in the shot. You've done a good job with the cloning as without your comment I would not have known you had done any but as you have asked I would guess the cloning is to the left of the peacocks head feathers?

Thanks Steve. had to go back and look what was at the left of the head. I does look slightly strange there but no :) I'm on the laptop at the moment but I'll post the original when I can from the computer :D

Hi Georgina well done with your smoke shot, that's a good idea to have some help, when I was trying and failing to do one I kept wafting it but by the time I got back to looking through my camera it had all drifted off again !!

Your peacock is the perfect choice for Vivid, they are stunning colours, it's beautifully captured and not a sign of a clone in sight.

Peacock1.jpg

This is the original for the Peacock, for anyone that is interested :) I did crop it first and then cloned some of the good tail feathers over the leaf :)

Hi Georgina well done with your smoke shot, that's a good idea to have some help, when I was trying and failing to do one I kept wafting it but by the time I got back to looking through my camera it had all drifted off again !!

Your peacock is the perfect choice for Vivid, they are stunning colours, it's beautifully captured and not a sign of a clone in sight.

Thank you Susie:)

Great submission for vivid, very sharp and no trace of the cloning to see!

Week 18 - Large

This is a sculpture of a Manx Loaghtan Sheep. Its been built on the headland overlooking Douglas. It was commissioned by the IOM Arts Council for the Celtic Media Festival which is on this week but it is hoped that it will last all summer, as long as the weather is kind. I can't find any stats for it but think it must be at least 12ft tall, so I reckon it definitely counts as large:D Not overly happy with the angle but the sun was right behind its head when I went to get the picture so this was the best I could do :) p.s. It does have metal ropes holding it down but I cloned them out :whistle:

Loaghtan by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like your Large Georgina, very interesting sculpture. You have captured it well.

Nice shot. It's difficult to get an idea of its size, but the pov and detail of the branches suggest it's rather large. Shame you couldn't convince it to turns it's head towards the sun. Ropes, what ropes? Well done.

Great find, and certainly fits the brief. And good work at the cloning of the ropes. I wonder if there's a more interesting composition to be found...

Large, this is a nice shot Georgina as I like the pov of the shot and good bit of cloning out the ropes :cool:

I like your Large Georgina, very interesting sculpture. You have captured it well.

Good capture for large, good subject for the theme

Excellent for the theme Georgina, he looks large and fearsome with those long horns, very good cloning too.

That's great for large! I like your choice of composition here, it's turned out well.

Thanks everyone :D

Excellent for the theme Georgina, he looks large and fearsome with those long horns, very good cloning too.

Thanks Susie. He is very large and fearsome. The sheep he is based on are just as fearsome and they have weird eyes too :)

Nice shot. It's difficult to get an idea of its size, but the pov and detail of the branches suggest it's rather large. Shame you couldn't convince it to turns it's head towards the sun. Ropes, what ropes? Well done.

Great find, and certainly fits the brief. And good work at the cloning of the ropes. I wonder if there's a more interesting composition to be found...

Very weird, a lower POV would really emphasise the size.

Cheers.

Thanks guys :D It is a very large beast and it was a bit awkward to get an angle that showed this to the best. I know that a lower point on view would have done this but I had just walked 15 miles to get there and I'm fairly sure that if I had got down on my knees at that point I wouldn't have been able to get back up again :ROFLMAO:

Week 19 Architecture - Got a bit stuck on this one as my first thought was a modern building, but we don't have many of those so eventually decided to go for something really old. This is the Mediaeval Chapel of St. Mary's later the Castletown Grammer School which was built circa 1200-1230 AD

Architecture by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Week 20 - Broken - Not sure that the chap that owns this would call it broken but it certainly looks it. My favourite car from Super Car Sunday at the Manx Motor Museum. He was just parked in the car park. I spent too long today trying to get rid of some of the background but failed miserably so gave up. If anyone can please try :)

Broken by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Architecture, a lovely shot of this old building Georgina, love the white against the great blue sky :)
Broken, like this shot and know what you mean about the bg as it`s the same for a very old truck near my mums. I like the shot, and if it`s ok I would like to try and do something with it.
Just seen transport, wow what a fantastic car that is and I want one.

Last edited:
Architecture, a lovely shot of this old building Georgina, love the white against the great blue sky :)
Broken, like this shot and know what you mean about the bg as it`s the same for a very old truck near my mums. I like the shot, and if it`s ok I would like to try and do something with it.
Just seen transport, wow what a fantastic car that is and I want one.

Thanks Dave

Be my guest Dave. I tried masking and blending in some sky, never tried before and wasn't very good. Need more practice I guess but decided I'd spent enough time messing this time :)

Last edited:
Some good subjects there Georgina, shame you were not too lucky with backgrounds on the last two, as both great examples !!! you handled the whites on the architecture image too, would have been easy to over expose them, good catch-up (y)

Thanks Dean. There were so many people there is was difficult to get a shot without any people in :(

Back