weekly George's 52 for 2018 And finished

Over - works for me lovely detail in the sky.
Age(ing) - two very good images for the theme, and for me the composition and link between neolithic / bronze age on the second image works well for me.
Sharp - certainly bang on for the theme, those needles look very sharp indeed, not much more I can say.

Thanks Mandy :D

Area, brought back great memories of the TT and escaping the madness by visiting Port Erin. Great shot.
Age I really like the letter box shot, the starkness of the wall really makes the colour pop.
Sharp, ouch! Perfect on theme and very well executed.

Yes we like to avoid the TT in Port Erin :D Thanks very much for the comments

Hi Georgina,

Over(cast) - Works for your chosen take on the theme. I quite like how the curve in the road leads your eye onto the white buildings and then the sea.
(Post)Age - Clever take on the theme. And that's an impressively mounted (presumably) Victorian post box. Sticking it on the third and including the church has helped the image.
Sharp - Nicely done. Just the right amount of DoF I feel.

Thanks very much Tim. I went out to a different box but saw this one first and felt it was much improved with a bit of a view rather than just the box

Week 7 - Guard - Spent all week thinking about different types of guards non of which were possible, then finally Coastguard popped into my little brain. Other than calling them out to an emergency, this is the best I could do. This is the Coastguard headquarters in Port Erin with a bit of snow coming down :D

Guard by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Week 8 - Thick - We rarely get much snow on the Isle of Man and it doesn't usually last long, but today for about half an hour it chucked it down so when it stopped and before it melts I nipped out and took a picture. So here is our thick layer of snow!

Thick by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Hi Georgina,

Guard - Works for me. Verticals work, the perspective works and you've even caught the snow falling.
Thick - Nice shot. Good DoF, cool tight crop giving it a slightly abstract feel. (y)

Two nice images well on theme Georgina.

Nice verticals on the guard image, good colours in the stone work.

On Thick, I like the way all the lines disappear into the distance.

Pete

Hi Georgina,

Guard - Works for me. Verticals work, the perspective works and you've even caught the snow falling.
Thick - Nice shot. Good DoF, cool tight crop giving it a slightly abstract feel. (y)

Two nice images well on theme Georgina.

Nice verticals on the guard image, good colours in the stone work.

On Thick, I like the way all the lines disappear into the distance.

Pete

Thanks Guys, always nice when you get what you were aiming for :D

Nice composition and execution for Thick Georgina. I like the lines of this

Guard - Nicely composed love the colours and detail

Thick - Nice details and good use of DoF

Another coastguard photo, this time in the snow... right on theme!

Thick is a brilliant photo, clean and simple, good DoF and good light (y)

Guard ... nice find, love the strong, clean colour in it's simplicity. And of course the snow fall (y)

Thick ... nice! Maybe the focus point could be over LHS more? o_O

Nice composition and execution for Thick Georgina. I like the lines of this

Guard - Nicely composed love the colours and detail

Thick - Nice details and good use of DoF

Thick

Simplistic, effective and a good dof.

Thick - a nice clean, simple shot. Great DoF, nailed the focus. Good shot.

Another coastguard photo, this time in the snow... right on theme!

Thick is a brilliant photo, clean and simple, good DoF and good light (y)

Guard(ed) - great capture with the snow coming down, good work.
Thick - good and simple, snow looks white, good use of DOF (y)

Like the guard shot, as the colours go nicely together and the texture of the flint wall/building.
Thick of snow is good, you did well to keep the whites white so well done.

Thanks very much everyone :D Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your opinion, it was gone within a very short space of time :D

Guard ... nice find, love the strong, clean colour in it's simplicity. And of course the snow fall (y)

Thick ... nice! Maybe the focus point could be over LHS more? o_O

Thanks David. It could have ;) but it was far too cold to mess about :D

Week 9 - Abundance - Almost in on time! This is not the picture I went to take! The lovely lady that I work for has a piece of art which is covered in origami cranes and I thought this would be a good image for abundance. So with her permission I took my camera to work on Wednesday. However when I got there it suddenly occurred to me that her very cute bulldog puppy has an abundance of wrinkles :D So here is Rufus. I had to wait until he was almost asleep because the stupid dog was scared of the camera and every time I lifted it up he lowered his head and walked away :rolleyes:

Abundance by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Nicely done Georgina. Proper character and full of wrinkles. Good job

Thick great shot, like the POV.
Rufus, Subtle but bang on theme, and I love Rufus he looks great!

Ah, I get it after reading your notes. I didn't get it originally.
Lovely shot. You seem to have nailed the focus on the eye even though he wasn't playing ball with you.

Thanks Tim :D

What a cracking shot for abundance Georgina, good old Rufus came to the rescue even if he still has his eye on you.

Thanks Dave. He was being very wary, either that or if I sat on the floor he tried to sit on my knee which was never going to work for the pic and cos he's way too big to fit :rolleyes::D

Really very nice puppy shot Georgina, lovely an crisp with loads of details....

Abundance, very nice image,lots of sharp details. Dudley says hello Rufus.

Pete

That's a lovely image, sharp and spot on focus with a handsome looking fellow. :) Actually, I thought the image also fit this week's Heavy theme too.

Thanks Stan. He certainly would fit for heavy too. I think he's about 9 months old but already there is no shifting him if he doesn't want to move :D

Week 10 - Heavy - This is one of the Heavy Horses at Cregneash. Cregneash is part of Manx National Heritage. From the website "Cregneash is a living illustration of a farming and crofting community in the 19th and early 20th century. You will see plough horses, Loghtan sheep, shorthorn cows, pigs and Manx cats". There are two horses here but they were both at the far side of the field, so at the very end of my zoom and then cropped too but I'm quite happy with the way it came out :)

Heavy by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Love seeing heavy horses Georgina. So much character and proper workers! Nicely on theme for me

Nice enough photo, could perhaps do with a bit more light on the horse but we've all been in that situation with this 52 lark.

Lovely shot Georgina, like Ian I really like Heavy horses and I think you have captured it very well.

Abundance ... top portrait.

Heavy .... like the low pov. Wondering if a flip might work so he's going L to R ??

Back