weekly George's 52 for 2018 And finished

Well done Georgina; great PP and much better without the blue sign. An HDR might have worked too, but you've more or less done that with the shadows slider.:)(y)

Your Area, nicely framed shot with the tree.

Gate/d, impressive gateway with plenty of captured detail.

Pete

Well, I liked the blue keep left sign... With or without the sign, great composition and great light with the sun lurking behind that gate.

Welcome back Missy ....

Lovely bay picture, and the FG tree sets it off a treat.

Gate ~ nice job with the sliders and yes you're probably better off without the blue sign ;)

Gate
Really like that, the blue sign didn't /doesn't bother me.

I think PS got confused with what it should replace the sign with. :confused: :D

The sign should be replaced with another sign that says "If we have to tell you there's a bridge in the way you are too stupid to drive a car"

I like the picture but as with cars, signs always get in the way.

Hi Georgina

2 great shots to start your 52 challange

Mr Area - Great POV lovely colurs too.

Gate(d) - Very nice in deed love the sky some nice detail in there too

hi G... two very good openers for this year, esp like the Gate, the 1st one that is.. works for me

Georgina great start, love your gate shot and the 2nd version is even better :).

My Area - Great view I like the way you have framed it with the tree
Gate - Fabulous Gate I like the sun behind it you have done well with the processing.

Love that gate shot, and good work with the PP.

Well done Georgina; great PP and much better without the blue sign. An HDR might have worked too, but you've more or less done that with the shadows slider.:)(y)

Your Area, nicely framed shot with the tree.

Gate/d, impressive gateway with plenty of captured detail.

Pete

Well, I liked the blue keep left sign... With or without the sign, great composition and great light with the sun lurking behind that gate.

Welcome back Missy ....

Lovely bay picture, and the FG tree sets it off a treat.

Gate ~ nice job with the sliders and yes you're probably better off without the blue sign ;)

Gate
Really like that, the blue sign didn't /doesn't bother me.

What a lovely place to live, beautiful and clear.

Hi Georgina

2 great shots to start your 52 challange

Mr Area - Great POV lovely colurs too.

Gate(d) - Very nice in deed love the sky some nice detail in there too

Thanks very much everyone for your comments :D

Week 0 - that is a cracking view, very fitting image for the theme, like it.

Gate(d) - another great image showing some lovely weather, your second attempt is much better looks like a very interesting place to visit.

Never been to Isle of Man but that looks stunning.

Thank you. Sometimes it is stunning but often not so much but the days when it is make it worth it :D

The sign should be replaced with another sign that says "If we have to tell you there's a bridge in the way you are too stupid to drive a car"

I like the picture but as with cars, signs always get in the way.

I think so to Martin. It's pretty obvious where you have to go but they have to account for stupid :D The road is actually no longer a through road as part of the road collapsed several years ago, so you can only drive so far and then you have to turn around and come back :D

Week 2 - People - Well not really feeling this one. Lashed it down with rain all weekend so real people were out for me. Had an idea and spent most of the day sorting and building lego. I doesn't look that much to build but unfortunately the mixed up pile of lego was huge :( Then I tried to photograph the scene :banghead:, it's not really worked for me but I have now lost the will to try any more, so here it is. I may have another go tomorrow if I can face it:sulk:

People by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

I can fully believe that took a while to put together, nice effort and I’m really glad I’m not the only one that chickened out of snapping real people :)

People
I think you're being a bit hard on yourself, it looks pretty good to me.

I can't get "Half Man, Half Buscuit's" "All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague Away Kit"(1) out of my head now.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na12OyJEgJ8

Anyway, good strong black background and nicely exposed. Perhaps a little tightly cropped, but I suspect that was the artistic effect you wanted.

(1) "And your travelling army of synthetic supporters Would be taken away from you and thrown in the bin"

Georgina your being to hard on yourself I really like your image and I can appreciate the amount of effort you've put into setting it up.

Lovely colourful image

I can fully believe that took a while to put together, nice effort and I’m really glad I’m not the only one that chickened out of snapping real people :)

I was going to try and brave the real people but only really have the weekends to do that and it did nothing but rain :) It took my son and I the best part of 4 hours to build, so I think I deserve an A for effort :D

People
I think you're being a bit hard on yourself, it looks pretty good to me.

Georgina your being to hard on yourself I really like your image and I can appreciate the amount of effort you've put into setting it up.

Lovely colourful image

Thank you

I usually am hard on myself Lol. I was up and down changing backdrops and/ in and out of the soft box to get rid of bg clutter. It just became annoying as I couldn't get something I really liked, but then I wasn't sure what I wanted :D

I can't get "Half Man, Half Buscuit's" "All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague Away Kit"(1) out of my head now.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na12OyJEgJ8

Anyway, good strong black background and nicely exposed. Perhaps a little tightly cropped, but I suspect that was the artistic effect you wanted.

(1) "And your travelling army of synthetic supporters Would be taken away from you and thrown in the bin"

Thanks Tim. Never heard of that one but it does fit :D It is quite tight, I didn't crop much off the original. It was mostly the effect I wanted and partly to miss off the non black bits of the bg :D

What a varied audience this football match has, from storm troopers to super heroes to indigenous americans... It is well lit, very sharp and fits (kind of) the brief.

While I don't like these lego people photos, I can see you put a lot of work in and I must admit it is not too bad. The weather is pants, at least you tried hard.

Pete

I really like it Georgina but then I love those little Lego figures, really like the ‘audience’ with its inclusion of cowboys and Indians and all manner of cops, robbers, Star Wars figures etc. Perfect black background .... it all gets top marks from me ...well done.

Yes, you're being too hard on yourself! Great idea and the final result is reward for the hours you and Ryan put into the sorting and construction, and you put into the exposure. Lots of fab details in the stands and the floodlights, and of course the assortment of characters in the crowd. Excellent :clap:

Week 0 - Lovely shot of a lovely area - trying to get an invitation from my niece, who works there for a visit. All my previous visits were work and spent most of my time on the airport runways and at the fuel depot at Douglas or in a tanker between the two.
Week 1 - Small removal of sign makes it almost timeless - good job.
Week 2 - Appreciate the effort in putting something like that together and getting the lighting right - I like it (though I always think Lego footballers look as if they are sitting on the loo :naughty:)

Lots of effort in the set up its a fun take on the theme.great idea

Oh what fun Georgina, you can't tell us you didn't enjoy that.

What a varied audience this football match has, from storm troopers to super heroes to indigenous americans... It is well lit, very sharp and fits (kind of) the brief.

I really like it Georgina but then I love those little Lego figures, really like the ‘audience’ with its inclusion of cowboys and Indians and all manner of cops, robbers, Star Wars figures etc. Perfect black background .... it all gets top marks from me ...well done.

It is very varied and thats what I was going for, hoping that the more you looked the more different characters you would pick out. Thanks for the comments :D

While I don't like these lego people photos, I can see you put a lot of work in and I must admit it is not too bad. The weather is pants, at least you tried hard.

Pete

Hi Pete, I know not everyone likes these but glad you didn't think it was too bad ;):D

That's a real fun shot for people Georgina, saying that it is a well lit and well set up prop, real good background too :)

Great bit of Lego work Georgina...

Yes, you're being too hard on yourself! Great idea and the final result is reward for the hours you and Ryan put into the sorting and construction, and you put into the exposure. Lots of fab details in the stands and the floodlights, and of course the assortment of characters in the crowd. Excellent :clap:

Lots of effort in the set up its a fun take on the theme.great idea

Oh what fun Georgina, you can't tell us you didn't enjoy that.

Thanks All :D I did enjoy getting the lego out again, it reminded me of hours spent with the boys when they were younger. Particularly building something using the instructions only to find that they had used the bit I had been looking for on a random made up model:banghead::D

Week 0 - Lovely shot of a lovely area - trying to get an invitation from my niece, who works there for a visit. All my previous visits were work and spent most of my time on the airport runways and at the fuel depot at Douglas or in a tanker between the two.
Week 1 - Small removal of sign makes it almost timeless - good job.
Week 2 - Appreciate the effort in putting something like that together and getting the lighting right - I like it (though I always think Lego footballers look as if they are sitting on the loo :naughty:)

Thanks David. It is a lovely spot but you just have to be lucky with the weather. There are no guarantees even if you come in the summer :) They are funny little things that they sit on, I had forgotten about the seats until we started building. :D

People - a creative take on the theme, must have taken some time to sort and put together, so I can see why you lost the will to live with it another theme down and you can move on with the next one.

Thanks Mandy :D

Week 3 - Stark - Well apart from Game of Thrones and Ironman my mind was a blank, so here are some stark branches against bit of blue sky with some evening sun tinged clouds :exit:

Stark by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Yeah, kind of works, nice colours in the sky and textures in the branches :) And on to the next week!

Back