weekly George's 52 for 2018 And finished

Shadow

Looks to me like like a fairground ride. It's a good strong shadow.

Beautiful

Stunning landscape.

Straight - Yep works for me good take on the theme
Unattractive - Second one for me as I find the first to be quite attractive in a strange way
Shadow - Very nice a great image for the theme
Beautiful - Perfect nothing more to add!

Yep - that's a beautiful view for sure!

Hi Georgina,

Straight - Worth getting it the way you wanted. Are you lying on your stomach just before the threshold? I hope nothing was coming into land ;)
Unattractive - Such a shame that such a fine looking building has been abandoned. as you say, unattractive in it's current state. I would never have guessed the second shot had been a swimming pool in a previous incarnation, it looks more dock related. Interesting juxtaposition of the stillness of the pool with the motion of the sea.
Shadow - I thought wind gauge rather than windmill, it is an odd shadow. Well spotted and captured.
Beautiful - I agree, it is a beautiful view. Captured really nicely with excellent colour and an interesting set of coluds too.

Straight, good idea for the theme and straight down the middle, well done for going back rather than compromising.
Second unattractive for me, it's a shame so many of these old open-air swimming pools have been left abandoned.
Shadow has nice strong contrast and good details at the top of the lamp post.
Beautiful view on a beautiful day and it was good of the clouds to form a nice leading line for you :)

Thanks Chris. It was very good of the clouds ;) Makes a change for them to just what you want!

Great set for the themes Georgina which are all bang on too, my pick of the lot is shadows which is a good strong shot, and beautiful is I have to agree beautiful. Like Chris says the clouds leading the viewer in.

Excellent catch up Georgina, and we’ll done for persevering with your straight shot, I really like shadow too, it makes an impressive outline. That landscape is indeed is indeed very Beautiful and easy on the eye.

Shadow

Looks to me like like a fairground ride. It's a good strong shadow.

Beautiful

Stunning landscape.

Really like the beautiful panorama shot. Super good and beautifully composed.

Straight - Yep works for me good take on the theme
Unattractive - Second one for me as I find the first to be quite attractive in a strange way
Shadow - Very nice a great image for the theme
Beautiful - Perfect nothing more to add!

Yep - that's a beautiful view for sure!

Thank you all for your comments. All too kind :D

Hi Georgina,

Straight - Worth getting it the way you wanted. Are you lying on your stomach just before the threshold? I hope nothing was coming into land ;)
Unattractive - Such a shame that such a fine looking building has been abandoned. as you say, unattractive in it's current state. I would never have guessed the second shot had been a swimming pool in a previous incarnation, it looks more dock related. Interesting juxtaposition of the stillness of the pool with the motion of the sea.
Shadow - I thought wind gauge rather than windmill, it is an odd shadow. Well spotted and captured.
Beautiful - I agree, it is a beautiful view. Captured really nicely with excellent colour and an interesting set of coluds too.

Thanks Tim. No, not on my stomach :ROFLMAO: At our highly secure airport there is road and a wire fence at the end of this short runway. The main runway runs across the image. Fortunately my lens was the same size as the holes :D This is what it looks like from a little further back, the little grey strip by the fence is the road and my back was to a beach
DSC_1185.jpg

The waves do crash over into the pool and sometimes it has more water but there must be an open drain as it doesn't fill up like it used to. Theres been talk of doing something with it for years but its at the bottom of quite a steep hill and there is only access by a footpath or maybe the sea. Goodness knows how they built it in the first place, guess labour was mush cheaper then!

I was a good job there were no cars behind me when I saw the shadow, as I slammed on my brakes and swung into the small parking area next to it :LOL:

straight - yep, that's straight enough!
unattractive - the first one, a fine example of a photo of an unattractive building!
shadow - great idea, well executed
beautiful - great panoramic view, great colours!

Straight - works for the theme, a good idea, nice detail in the clouds, I may have been tempted to clone out the vehicle on the runway.
Unattractive - both images fit the theme for me, it seems a shame that they have let these building fall to ruins.
Shadow - nice strong shadow, fits nicely into the theme. I can see why you think it looks a little like a windmill.
Beautiful - lovely sky, beautiful colours and lovely composition.

My ocd doesn't know what to do about all these lines, but I like it. Nice colour and details.

My ocd doesn't know what to do about all these lines, but I like it. Nice colour and details.

I did have the same problem Tom :D I plumped for trying to get the lintel part level but that is not quite right either as I'm at an angle to the bridge. The stony part of the beach definitely slopes down to the right and the wall on top seem to be deeper on the left so it all got a bit weird :D

straight - yep, that's straight enough!
unattractive - the first one, a fine example of a photo of an unattractive building!
shadow - great idea, well executed
beautiful - great panoramic view, great colours!

Thanks Bernd :)

Straight - works for the theme, a good idea, nice detail in the clouds, I may have been tempted to clone out the vehicle on the runway.
Unattractive - both images fit the theme for me, it seems a shame that they have let these building fall to ruins.
Shadow - nice strong shadow, fits nicely into the theme. I can see why you think it looks a little like a windmill.
Beautiful - lovely sky, beautiful colours and lovely composition.

Thanks Mandy :)

I like it! It looks almost abstract, like a collage put together out of several different photos (y)

It's well done but I'm in the OCD camp too :), can't stop trying to resolved the various lines in my head

Like the angle, like the reflections, like the foreground. Oh, and I like the stonework (not so sure on the lintel).
Can you tell I like?

Just about lol. The 'lintel' is quite ugly, I guess they could clad it with stone but its quite essential as this little bridge carries a lot of traffic, including lorries and buses, as its one of only two roads to the south of the Island. :D

Week 19 - Match - Was trying to think of something a bit out of the box for this one. Think I may have confused a few people but it's a Matchbox car and it is a genuine one. Had to go searching for it in the collection that my hubby and sons have. I actually got this for my Husband when he said he wanted a Range Rover :D

Match by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Lots of photos since my last visit to your thread I like the Shadow a lot and the Match box Range Rover is fun, I like the low PoV but my pick of the bunch is low with its lovely detail and great reflection

Great photo, great texture in the dirt and great DoF!

Hi Missy

Really liking that bridge, nice compo and textures. (y)

Matchbox toy ... original idea (y) ... fun photo, in the rough terrain. :)

Good alternative take on match, nicely done, was your hubby pleased with his Range Rover?

Low

I like lt, it's a good composition and a bit of reflection and shadow.

Match

Again, a good composition and I like that it's just a couple of colours.

Hi Georgina

Wet, I like this Image, the reflections on the baech and the sky behind, I would have tried wider with a letter box sized image, with more sea and could on the right hand side.

Juxtaposition is a nice idea, DoF separates the daffodils in the foreground from the graves behind. the image gives the impression that it is not level as both the cross and grave stone are leaning at the same angle.

Oval, what a strange thing. While I think it looks better in B&W, I find the bushes at the bottom too dark in relation to the sky. a grad filter or some PS work would sort it out.

Straight, runways are straight so good on you for having another go. Nice sky and a lot of it.

Unattractive, I can see why you took these. The one with the water is a strange thing, seems far too industrial to be a swimming pool.

Shadow, interesting lamp post, nicely captured.

Bueatiful, what a view and the clouds above it as well, nice colours.

Low, nice image, lots of textures and colours.

Match, I like what you have done here. DOF works well.

Pete

TS effect for real :)
nice use of the shallow DoF to enhance the fact that it's a matchbox toy.
Fun to place it in an off-road setting, but surely it needs a model of a school and to be parked on zigzags ;)

Thanks Tim. Yes, I don't think many actually get off road :D

Back