George's 52 for 2019 - Week 20 - Snappers Choice

Can just make out the mountains for distant, good that you had a bit of blue sky and like the white clouds leaving the little lighthouse in view too was a good idea.
very nice capture lucky to get a break in the dismal weather of late.
works really well and looks great.
I agree, it's a very well taken image Georgina!
Definitely qualifies for the theme.
The sun breaking through the clouds top left really lifts the image.
I love the waves in the foreground, and there's enough detail in the distant mountains too!
Excellent work!(y)
Nice, on theme and well taken. I like the lighthouse on the left
It worked for me without seeing the mountains, but yes, they are there.
I really like the sky and waves you've captured. (y)
I really like the detail and colour you have captured in the sky, it just adds to the feel and gives depth for the theme. Had you not mentioned the mountains, I doubt my tired eyes would have seen them, the image works just as well without them :)
That's a poster to be sure. Excellent.
Good to see that break in the clouds after all the washed out skies lately, it suits the theme perfectly Georgina
The best skies are usually after a change in weather, when it stops raining is often the best time for photography. I really like the colours in the sky and the faint outline of mountains on the horizon

Thank you all :D It was really nice to see a bit of sun and it's actually very similar today and annoyingly when I came passed on the way home it was much clearer and I could see the snow on the mountains :banghead:

I can see them :) And I can confirm they are distant :)

Well done Georgina - nicely on theme and nicely done

Open - I had thought about doing an open gate but catching the movement in the gates was a good idea and works well.

Distant - Hadn't spotted the mountains until you said about them, certainly are distant. I like the colour and clouds in the sky, the sea seems a little flat and if it had been me I might have moved the horizon down in the shot a bit to have included more sky.

Open - I had thought about doing an open gate but catching the movement in the gates was a good idea and works well.

Distant - Hadn't spotted the mountains until you said about them, certainly are distant. I like the colour and clouds in the sky, the sea seems a little flat and if it had been me I might have moved the horizon down in the shot a bit to have included more sky.

Thanks Steve. I did try it with the less water and more sky but I wanted to keep in the wave in so that's what it had to be :D sorry for not replying sooner :sorry:

Hi Georgina

clean
I like this take on the theme, you have managed a great reflection and composed well with just the right amount of you oof on the left hand side.
open
Like the motion in the gates as they are opening, showing the view.
distant
Very nice, the mountains showing are a good touch.

Thanks Michael :) apologies for the late response :sorry:

Week 5 - Cold Hard Stare- You have @Manxmaid to thank for this one! The weather warmed up a bit here so no snow or frost, was going to do something with a cold drink at the weekend, then this beautiful Sparrow Hawk landed on the fence post at the edge of my garden. As I was showing Andrea yesterday she said "thats a cold hard stare" so there you have it :D

Cold by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

The bird is very sharp and the main focus. the only pity is the branch across the face, otherwise a good shot.

Nice looking Sprawk! :)

Nicely done Georgina. I've not problem with the twig across the face, it places the bird it it's surroundings.
The eyes really are sharp. Are you sure that's your Nikon and that you've not borrowed Andrea's Fuji? ;)
That's an impressive amount of blur considering f/7.1

The bird is very sharp and the main focus. the only pity is the branch across the face, otherwise a good shot.

Thanks Ian, wasn't much I could do about the branch, I was more disappointed that in the one sharp shot of her face I had chopped off the end of her tail. I did only get 4 shots before she flew away though :)

A good choice from Andrea to you. The shot imo is a cracking image as it must of been tricky to focus through the twigs to get it so sharp, and to give you a nice cold stare (y)(y)

Thanks Dave, it was tricky, I was in the conservatory so my angles were limited. As soon as I opened the door she flew off :( I've learnt from a neighbour that she has been around for a few days so, hopefully, she will be back :)

Nicely done Georgina. I've not problem with the twig across the face, it places the bird it it's surroundings.
The eyes really are sharp. Are you sure that's your Nikon and that you've not borrowed Andrea's Fuji? ;)
That's an impressive amount of blur considering f/7.1

Thanks very much Tim. I was more disappointed that I had chopped off her tail. I only managed 4 shots before I decided to try opening the conservatory door and she flew off of course:rolleyes: This was the only one that I managed to get her face sharp because of the twigs. Of course it was my Nikon :nikon: Don't think I would have a chance of getting the Fuji off Andrea :ROFLMAO:

I like that a lot, great capture. I like that it's on the other side of the tree and staring through it, rather than fully visible. Awesome!

wow! What a great capture. Fantastic detail through the branches. Lovely image

Wow lovely looking bird. Those eyes really are giving the cold look.

Cold
It's definitely starring at you, maybe it doesn't like having it's photo taken, did you get a model release signed ;)

That is a cracking capture Georgina, they never hang around do they! I see a pair regulary in the air, but hardly ever come down, but they do try to catch off the feeders.
I like that a lot, great capture. I like that it's on the other side of the tree and staring through it, rather than fully visible. Awesome!
wow! What a great capture. Fantastic detail through the branches. Lovely image
That's an absolute cracker of a shot Georgina! The eyes are so sharp and the colour of them is stunning.
Nice Georgina, I think the branches add to the picture more natural ! The eyes are brilliant!
Wow lovely looking bird. Those eyes really are giving the cold look.

Thanks very much everyone for you lovely comments. :)

Week 6 - Waiting - Two lovely Trammers at the ploughing match on Saturday. These horses are used in the summer to pull the trams along the seafront in Douglas but during the winter to give them a workout they bring them along to the ploughing matches. They stood and waited patiently while the men made sure the lines were straight. It was quite amazing as they just stood on the spot until they were asked to do the next run. I loved this picture but was annoyed that there was a row of cars up against the stone wall but with the power of the clone tool I think I managed to get rid of them ok :p:)

Waiting by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Week 7 - Rough (Ground) - As @Manxmaid said we were together at this ploughing match and she expected a similar image but I went for something a bit more modern than the horses and, because I haven't done it yet, went for B&W. I will add the colour version as I think I prefer it but needed to get the technique in.

Rough 2 by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

B&W Version of Rough works for me . Like the leading lines centred and being taken to the people and tractor. well done

WOW on your waiting image Georgina as imo it is a cracking image, beautifully taken and love the bloke with his back turned and those beautiful horses waiting.
Rough is another cracking shot too, and for me it`s got to be the mono one as the detail just shines through the whole image very well.

Very good shots for waiting and rough. Both very well composed.

In the waiting shot, maybe just the one man and the horses, without the other chap. And also the wide angle really emphasises the size of the horses.
In rough, I'd vote for the colour version.

B&W Version of Rough works for me . Like the leading lines centred and being taken to the people and tractor. well done

Thank you. This was just the shot I had in mind and was lucky to catch them exactly where I wanted them.

WOW on your waiting image Georgina as imo it is a cracking image, beautifully taken and love the bloke with his back turned and those beautiful horses waiting.
Rough is another cracking shot too, and for me it`s got to be the mono one as the detail just shines through the whole image very well.

Thanks very much Dave :)

Back