Ghost Planes

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a memorial, at the IWM Duxford, commemorating the American aircrews who lost their lives flying from the UK in WW2.

GhostPlanescopy.jpg

Nice idea. I think it could do with a little CW rotation though.

mmmm, you could be right there!

Hi Lee

I really like that, looks like a massive formation of planes (y)

I was there on Rememberance Sunday and looked at these panels of planes, 7D in hand, but struggled to make a pictures in my head, also had my young son saying "come on Daddy" didn't help.

Well done

David

Thanks David. As you'll know, its quite hard to get the right angle as if you lower the lens you get all the trees and buildings across the road.
Next tiem......leave the son at home :)

great shot , was there last week and had the same problem as Willid1, couldn't get the angle right

But you have nailed it - Well Done!

i like it lots. TO make it better though either some CW rotation or try again and make sure you are square on to it.

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you liked it.
Lynton, I'll give it a go when I have a spare moment.

Really like that Lee. The reflection of the clouds in the memorial absolutely makes it for me. Very, very clever composition (y)

Personally I'd like to see just a little cropped off the left and right hand sides to lose the edges of the other memorials. I think that it would give it a lot more impact as an image.
Actually thinking about it, it might work even better if you cloned those out and kept the current ratio of the shot.

Back