Gig Photography

Name
Luca
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, looking for advice (not sure if posted in right place).
I’m looking to get back into shooting gigs, mainly your usual local small venues.
I currently have a Canon 50mm which has served me well. With the venues being so small I’d like a wider angle to give more flexibility in shots.
Ideally I’d like the 24-70mm, 2.8 but it’s hella out my price range, currently I’m eyeing up the Canon 28mm.

Just wondering people’s thoughts and/or suggestions?

cheers.

Hi you have the RP? Does this have manual focus assist like the R? If so a budget manual focus lens could be the answer, Samyang 24 f1.4 for example?

I had a 28 and it was a cracking little lens, lived on my 1d3 for years as a walkabout 35mm equiv :)

Having shot a bunch of gigs in small venues you want decent AF, I'm not sure I'd get many keepers at 1.4 manually focusing

Are you using a crop or full frame body because I loved my tamron 17-50/2.8 its the same ish range as a 24-70 in on a full frame camera and it focussed quickly and was fast and sharp. Shot a bunch of gigs with mine at uni :)

I had a 28 and it was a cracking little lens, lived on my 1d3 for years as a walkabout 35mm equiv :)

Having shot a bunch of gigs in small venues you want decent AF, I'm not sure I'd get many keepers at 1.4 manually focusing

Are you using a crop or full frame body because I loved my tamron 17-50/2.8 its the same ish range as a 24-70 in on a full frame camera and it focussed quickly and was fast and sharp. Shot a bunch of gigs with mine at uni :)

The “manual focus assist” on the R is a massive help and makes it feasible based on my experience filming gigs with it.

Back