Gillie Blanket

Edit My Images
Yes
I came across this when watching a Tron Westby video on YouTube and thought it looked a good alternative to the usual camouflage netting as a mobile hide.

I'm only being a tight wad but wondered if anyone had seen them cheaper than from here https://tragopan-shop.com/en/en/e-s...illie-blanket/7804-ghillie-blanket-green.html

It seems the sort of product that I might only use once ............ one of those it seemed a good idea at the time [emoji3]

Thanks for this. I did come across it but its a bit smaller at 3' x 4 1/2' than the one I originally linked to which is approximately 8 x 4 1/2
Sounds like that’s probably the going rate for that size. Smaller sizes may be possibly cheap but not as useful.

Having you searched for shooting stores. It’s probably the thing they may stock. It sounds like an American thing that someone somewhere may import.

You can make your own but I doubt you'd save anything much. Some use a wire netting base as it stays in shape to hide behind.. The link is for a suit but you could make a blanket using the same process.
making a ghillie suit

Interesting, i'm not aware of these but yes when and why would one use bar the odd one off????

T, I just use head to toe camo and worry on my movements sure subject might tailor that . I'm really interested in your intended use !!

stu

Interesting, i'm not aware of these but yes when and why would one use bar the odd one off????

T, I just use head to toe camo and worry on my movements sure subject might tailor that . I'm really interested in your intended use !!

stu
I was thinking it might be more flexible than a bag hide

I guess my point is does one need the hide at all?:) I travel very light have long pondered a hide but yet to really find I need one. T that might be the subjects I make images of influencing things your situation may be different. But,so rarely have I found a hide needed one still hasn't found it's way into my wildlife tool kit. As well as a hide being another thing to carry one then has to set it up in EXACTLY the right spot. It then means one is fixed in said spot. I like the freedom of being able to get incredibly close without a hide having a base is cool sure a little chair so one can be comfy and therefore still. How many times is one in a hide and a subject just a bit out of range ?? I suppose I just work around all that.

Back