Gin O'Clock

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I've put this here because I don't think it fits any other category.
After some feedback from a mate, I may reshoot using green gels?
IMG_8789bSM.JPGIMG_8791bSM.JPG

Label looks out of focus. Also I wouldn't have the glass water line lined up with edge of table.

I would, i just find it a bit off putting with the water level in line with the table edge. It all seems a bit "soft". Where was the focus point?

I don't have the software that can check that to hand, sorry. The best I can do is a 100% crop of the original:
Gin100.jpg

That looks fine. Totally different to the picture you first posted.

A bit heavy-handed with rescaling. I'll look at it again. Thanks for your input. I may re-shoot tomorrow. Or I'll have time tonight the way the snooker's going!
Lol. Keep your head still. :)

I prefer the colours of the second one, but the viewpoint of the first.

The second one is a better shot in terms of sharpness and colour, but I think the glass is too far away from the bottle.

Label looks out of focus. Also I wouldn't have the glass water line lined up with edge of table.
yes primarily these shots should be razor sharp...either with a one off large depth of field shot or layers
the tripod does all the work regarding framing and steady-ness even with flashlight and spots...
use timer of course then you can breath out!!
like the idea though...there is a bottle of bells in the cupboard...hmm
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Yummy, Gin. I love Gin.
Nice picture as well.

At a loss as to how I could get this any sharper. Tripod, radio trigger, manual focus on the label initially in live mode at max magnification.

At a loss as to how I could get this any sharper. Tripod, radio trigger, manual focus on the label initially in live mode at max magnification.
Look sharp on Flickr.

I can't help but notice, the level of that bottle is going down at a rate of knots since the first picture. :)

I can't help but notice, the level of that bottle is going down at a rate of knots since the first picture. :)
It's empty now ;)
Ah well. There's a *litre bottle in the cupboard! But won't/can't touch it til my next day off....on the 18th :(

*Tanqueray Export, for guests. The No10 is under lock and key :D

Last edited:
They all do, at full-size. Any tips on resizing for this forum greatly appreciated.

i think you have hit it on the head....resizing...
i dont know any way to do that...but i will retract my earlier comment on batch focussing in light of the following comments...
will do some experimenting my self..
cheers
geof

Thanks Geof. I'm looking at different software; early days, and a bit of a fiddle but I think I've improved on it, a little. :)

yes its down to software initially
after a while with ps2 i got lightroom 3....its old actually and wont recognise my G5 raw files...it did for the G1
my point finally!!
it has two useful controls on the pp side
clarity which enhances something which looks like sharpening...although subtle
and sharpening which is a very fine control
it has masking as well which i dont understand
but overall does much more than my old PS2...
i prefer raw since the pundits do and i understand uncompressed digital imagery responds well to that system
but compression still has to be added....
best of luck with the crusade and if i can i will try to back all the above stuff with a really large sharp image downsized to see if i am really also suffering from that effect
cheers
geof

Back