Girl in sprint

Edit My Images
No
I have been doing child photography for years. But due to circumstances, photography is no longer my main profession. The good thing is that this clears time for hobby photography. As my girls are very active athletes, I would love to be able to deliver high quality action photo's to their team, and my walls ;-)
I would love your feedback on this one.

What is good already?
What not so good?

Any hints and tips are more then welcome...

Thanks!!!

Canon 7D, 100mm 2.8 macro
1/1000 at f/3.5
ISO 400

117hdgp.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, If it were mine I would give it a slight anti clockwise rotation to correct the vertical, but that's just a personal preference.

I wondered how you managed 2.5 on a 2.8 lens :D but just a typo.

Agree with Brian, also I might desaturated or reduce the luminance of the yellow a bit. The bibs in the background could do less to fight for focus. - that'll be being really picky though :) and may be wholly unnecessary

Last edited:
Typo indeed, should be 3.5 ;-). I'll have a look at desaturating the yellow.

Hi

For me, its a little over exposed (might be my screen). I assume a dull day for the 400 iso?
Bright colours in background are fighting for your focus.

Plus points, you've isolated your subject. Crisp and clear. Liking the action of the shot.

What parts do you feel need looking at?
You may want to under expose a little, use iso 200, possibly get a little closer to the action (not sure the last is possible) as if you are closer your bokeh should be smoother.

From the sounds of it, you will have lots more chances of photos, so keep taking them and perhaps experiment betwen Aperture and manual (camera should tell you some settings it thinks).

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Liking it, but I think her body position looks a bit awkward, so may be another sequence in the stride? Also, if you can, sit on the floor :)

Back