Girl meets squirrel............

Very nice story telling!

Try recovering the highlights…
all the rest is quite ok. :)

That's a lovely image and I think her hair falling forward towards the squirrel really adds a little something extra for me :)

Editing is something I know very little about (at the moment!). I overexposed the image and I think I know what you mean. Thanks.

i use Photoshop Elements v7

it is NOWHERE as complex as the programs used by the 'majority' here - but is useful for basic PP

in yours above for example - there are simple sliders for
lighten/darken shadows
lighten/darken highlights
and tool icons for straighten, crop, clone, rubber stamp etc

give it a try......(y)

As it stands I use the very basic functions on Elements 11 (in "Quick" mode). I need to (and will be!) learning a lot more about editing soon.
Can you give any pointers on improvements? I realise I have lost some detail in both the shadows and highlights.

[QUOTE="danpug, post: 7385288, member: 80937".......Can you give any pointers on improvements? I realise I have lost some detail in both the shadows and highlights.[/QUOTE]

actually i did try - lightened her face shadow and got more details on the squirrel fur
BUT....totally screwed up the highlights on the path [worse] so didn't save it

I'm sure somebody will be along to help......:)

well - best i can do in 2 mins.......:whistle:

lighten shadows
darken highlights
crop and sharpen

Last edited:
Yep right place right time and a quick eye that in a split second knew it was the making of a great image.

Gaz

"Cracking" shot Dan, well seen and captured. On a technical point the cropped version is better, but the original is still a great bit of work.(y)

George.

I can only echo what has been said before. Great shot and so innocent. I love squizzers!

Back