Beginner Gizmo

Name
chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is my Gizmo, she decided to play nice for me today and be my model.

Gizmo by Christopher Telford, on Flickr

I was going for "cute" my wife has tasked me with getting at least 1 of each of the dogs as cute as possible.

Anyway feedback on how to improve please, also I have notice on the lower eye when I zoom in I can see myself, anyway to fix that?

taken outside and the camera's light meter said it was fine, but is it a little dark? I am still coming to terms on how this exposure works, every time I think I understand it I seem to mess up ( had about 5-6 shots ruined due to being too dark again )

thanks for any and all feedback and tips on how to improve very welcome!

Last edited:
Hi Chris . Like your image. For me I would have pulled back a bit as with such a narrow dof the blurred nosed right up front is bugging me for some reason, maybe thats because the focused eye does not seem sharp enough to pull me past. Maybe thats a post work thing and you could improve that ? As for being dark just have a quick glance at the lcd and use a touch of exsposure compensation. You are shooting raw so you can sort that out easy enough as lots of images need a lift or pullback, just a touch though. Obviously very serious under/over exsposure needs to be rectified at the time of shooting. Re eye reflection. Not sure why you would want to remove that as it is very hard to see but I am sure this could be painted out.

ps: Although I like to take photos of random stuff I am not a photographer so take all I have said on a laymens point of view.

Gaz

@cargo

Thank you, I did enjoy taking this shot as she just wouldn't sit still lol, I am learning fast that photography is all about patience and practice I think with some of the shots I have seen the photographer must have been a zen monk!

Anyway with regards improving the photo I have no idea how to give a lift or a pullback, would you happen to know of a good video online or website that explains how to do that?

thanks again for the feedback, very helpful and pleased you liked the photo.

Hi Chris. Bags of videos on the old youtube just depends on which software you are using.Mind you there are many ways to get to the same outcome so you just have to find a way that works for yourself. You shot this in raw so I am assuming you are using Canons DPP software that came with the camera to proccess the raw file? Thats what I use anyway I then use photoshop to finish off the image.

Have fun :)

Gaz

Back